1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012 | 03:47 PM
dachshund
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by davidziegler
New member - waiting since Monday for my Production Number which I finally got this afternoon. Signed up for the OL but it's showing a 2008 Cooper S so obviously that's not updated yet. Luckily the ASK-MINI automated line (and rep) both said their system shows the car as "On Order" but no other details. Guess I have at least a week or two of No-New-Info still to go...
The pictures in the OL - are those all canned images, or does it ever resemble the vehicle we order? I've never seen a pic there that came close to what I ordered, and mine's been built and put on a ship.

Old 03-17-2012 | 12:14 AM
staynedglass
2nd Gear
The Dover Highway is in Brunswick. hopefully not to much(anything) is needed in the vdc.

Old 03-17-2012 | 05:21 AM
ljmattox
5th Gear
Originally Posted by dachshund
The pictures in the OL - are those all canned images, or does it ever resemble the vehicle we order? I've never seen a pic there that came close to what I ordered, and mine's been built and put on a ship.
They have to be canned photos, you always see the same ones.

Now a nice "thrill and delight" feature could be: there's a photo booth along the final wipedown line, it snaps a picture of every vehicle produced, tagged with VIN. Some IT process would match this photo with VINs stored in the Owners Lounge and attach it. Toss the digital image after xx months since owners would have a) taken their own pictures by then, and b) they'd have a chance to download and save it. Given that they already know which car is which along the line, it wouldn't take much to implement.

Of course: first, they could have OL capture movement info a *little* faster than it does now...

Old 03-17-2012 | 05:27 AM
ljmattox
5th Gear
Yes, I'll admit it: I stayed up late to watch MV Tirranna dock in Baltimore.

Not that late, 11pm or so. Actually, I thought they just anchored for the night, given that they didn't dock by the huge WW processing place I'd mapped out. Maybe they didn't have a berth open, being a day early and all.

Checking this morning: um, they're docked right by the *BMW* processing place, as they should be. It's across the harbor from the WW facility. Oh.

Hoping my MINI will be on a truck and outta there soon!

Old 03-17-2012 | 08:37 AM
bruceink
2nd Gear
[QUOTE=ljmattox;3473169]a. Geez, it hadn't dawned on me that it'd be possible to *not* build-to-order on these. I have a zillion individual options specified on mine. I'll hope someone had their eyes open as it came down the line. Was it the case that your Vehicle Inquiry Report had it right, they just didn't execute? Or was it missed on the order sheet?

I checked the Order details very early, but I only remember checking for the White Silver/red roof. I may not have checked the rest of it very carefully. I know it was on the sheet I handed to the MA, so it got lost somewhere. I'm just happy the black dash as delivered looks so good (to me). As I said earlier, that is the same look I had in my '07, and it's perfectly acceptable. Besides, who wants to go through all that waiting again? I suppose they could order those pieces and change them, but I'm good with it the way it is.

Old 03-17-2012 | 11:31 AM
cricketine
3rd Gear
Thank you all on NAM who listened to me whine.

Dealer called today and Mini Z has arrived! I knew way more than they did and I think that is sad. I think that with a special order car they should have something more to go on than just the Owners Lounge, which by the way is nothing more than a novelty.

It will be ready to pick up on Tuesday but I can't make it there until Saturday morning....still, Saturday!!!!! I hope it is inside the building because I think an extended horn beep is in order!!

Old 03-17-2012 | 12:08 PM
Saleen326
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by cricketine
Thank you all on NAM who listened to me whine.

Dealer called today and Mini Z has arrived! I knew way more than they did and I think that is sad. I think that with a special order car they should have something more to go on than just the Owners Lounge, which by the way is nothing more than a novelty.

It will be ready to pick up on Tuesday but I can't make it there until Saturday morning....still, Saturday!!!!! I hope it is inside the building because I think an extended horn beep is in order!!

Congrats. So how many did it take to go from the VDC to Portland? Considering that's where my car will end up.

Old 03-17-2012 | 01:19 PM
cricketine
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Saleen326
Congrats. So how many did it take to go from the VDC to Portland? Considering that's where my car will end up.
Well, it arrived at the VDC late on the 7th so I would say it started there on the 8th. It arrived @ the dealer this morning, so I guess it would be 9 days. I have no idea when it got on the truck though.

I hope your experience is going less nerve wracking than mine did!

Old 03-17-2012 | 01:27 PM
Keysersozeh
4th Gear
Congrats cricketine! I'm glad it's finally happening.

Old 03-17-2012 | 01:33 PM
ussocom1001
1st Gear
Well, it arrived at the VDC late on the 7th so I would say it started there on the 8th. It arrived @ the dealer this morning, so I guess it would be 9 days. I have no idea when it got on the truck though.

I hope your experience is going less nerve wracking than mine did!
Agreed and congrats!! You can track a .99 cents item that you buy on Amazon and you can't track a MINI in detail?? That's a shame that they don't have a good system to do so.

On my way to dealer for pickup, but it's raining!! Very rare in SoCal...guess I can test wipers and make sure it works!

Old 03-17-2012 | 01:36 PM
Keysersozeh
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ussocom1001
Agreed and congrats!! You can track a .99 cents item that you buy on Amazon and you can't track a MINI in detail?? That's a shame that they don't have a good system to do so.

On my way to dealer for pickup, but it's raining!! Very rare in SoCal...guess I can test wipers and make sure it works!
Enjoy! Drive safe! People seem to forget how to drive once some sort of moisture hits their windshield.

Old 03-17-2012 | 03:15 PM
cricketine
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Keysersozeh
Enjoy! Drive safe! People seem to forget how to drive once some sort of moisture hits their windshield.
Thanks!
I live on the Oregon coast where it rains 10 months out of the year...I just need to learn how to properly work the wipers

Old 03-17-2012 | 03:33 PM
Keysersozeh
4th Gear
Thanks!
I live on the Oregon coast where it rains 10 months out of the year...I just need to learn how to properly work the wipers
I was more concerned about the others I think most of here are probably better than average drivers.

Old 03-17-2012 | 04:48 PM
TBangin23
4th Gear
Looks like I'm joining the group as of today. Just order my new 2012 MINI Cooper S Lightning Blue/Black. Hoping for a quick arrival, but not putting my hopes up and guessing around 2-2 1/2 months to be safe.

Old 03-17-2012 | 05:02 PM
agirlnamedroo
2nd Gear
Hi Everyone!! So nice to have another group to hang out and obsess with while we're waiting. I ordered my Ox on 2/27 and just got notice today that he is all finished and ready to start his voyage. I think it's pretty cool that a green car is "born" on St. Pats day!!

I have read all of the "how to track your Mini" threads, but was wondering if anyone knew how long it takes to show up on the shipping sites (mine is WW) after it's completed at the factory?

Thanks!!
Roo

Old 03-17-2012 | 06:04 PM
beauxgoris
4th Gear
Just found out I'm on the TOSCANA ship - heading to the port of Baltimore due 3/30. Anyone else with me?

Old 03-17-2012 | 07:21 PM
hearthand
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by agirlnamedroo
Hi Everyone!! So nice to have another group to hang out and obsess with while we're waiting. I ordered my Ox on 2/27 and just got notice today that he is all finished and ready to start his voyage. I think it's pretty cool that a green car is "born" on St. Pats day!!

I have read all of the "how to track your Mini" threads, but was wondering if anyone knew how long it takes to show up on the shipping sites (mine is WW) after it's completed at the factory?

Thanks!!
Roo
usually, the car shows up on a boat within 3-7 days of arriving at the port, providing it is actually going to ship without a delay. Sometimes the car will show up on one ship and get "returned to shipper" because there wasn't actually enough room for the car. But this is only a short set back. If you enter your VIN in the cargo ID box, when the ship is assigned and it has sailed, your car should be here.

Old 03-18-2012 | 08:19 AM
ussocom1001
1st Gear
High Class Gray, anyone?

Few pictures to share~ The color looks darker than the "purple haze" which I think it's better than I expected, I am glad~

Old 03-18-2012 | 10:08 AM
noreen99
4th Gear
does anyone know how long they stay "on order " without a production date? ordered on 2/29

Old 03-18-2012 | 10:20 AM
agirlnamedroo
2nd Gear
I think it depends on the cars allocated to your dealer. They get a certain number of slots in a month, and it depends on when the next slot is available. I would as your MA. When I ordered mine, he gave me a guestimate as to when a slot would open up. He was close, just a week off.

Old 03-18-2012 | 01:58 PM
cricketine
3rd Gear
Very sharp!!

Originally Posted by ussocom1001
Few pictures to share~ The color looks darker than the "purple haze" which I think it's better than I expected, I am glad~

Old 03-18-2012 | 02:01 PM
cricketine
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by noreen99
does anyone know how long they stay "on order " without a production date? ordered on 2/29
If you are going solely on what the Owners Lounge says, keep in mind that this silly thing is pretty much a novelty thing. Usually not accurate at all. 1-800-ASK-MINI is probably better while the car is in production, then the WW and AIS sites to track it at the docks and on the water.

Enjoy the ride!

Old 03-18-2012 | 02:38 PM
Lil Maky
2nd Gear
Cricketine,

Congrats, on getting to the dealer!

Our journey has yet to begin but reading all your wonderful posts has helped us understand what were are in for...

Even tho we live just north of the border (in SW Wash) we traveled to Tacoma to order our Lil Maky. The folks in PDX just did not have there act together.

We are getting weekly updates from our MA. Currently tho we have a mystery as our Production date was supposed to me 8 days ago...so much for a April delivery.

Enjoy your ride! Look for us on the road this summer!

Old 03-18-2012 | 02:46 PM
Lil Maky
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by noreen99

Noreen99,

We too ordered on the 29th! Perhaps we will journey across the pond on the same ship.

I guess all we can do at this point is wait and watch.

Did you order anything special on your mini?

Old 03-18-2012 | 03:04 PM
ussocom1001
1st Gear
Thank you cricketine, your wait will be end and Mini Z will be home soooon!

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group