1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 03:05 PM
NotPortlyNJ
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Vickie is at the dealer! Got the call late Friday. Pick her up on Wednesday. Supposed to be a great topless motoring day here in Northern NJ.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:07 PM
Keysersozeh
4th Gear
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
I like it! Great color!

Old 03-18-2012, 04:32 PM
MY4thMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by NotPortlyNJ
My Vickie is at the dealer! Got the call late Friday. Pick her up on Wednesday. Supposed to be a great topless motoring day here in Northern NJ.

That was fast!
How in the world did you get such a fast delivery

Old 03-18-2012, 04:39 PM
LostAirman
1st Gear
I ordered a Coupe in late Feb. It's now on the Talisman steaming toward Baltimore, with an ETA of 3/22. I believe there are two VDCs on the east coast (NJ and SC). Does anyone know which of those VDCs the MINIs coming into Baltimore generally go to?

Last edited by LostAirman; 03-18-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:50 PM
davidziegler
Neutral
Port?

Does anyone know which Port/VDC would typically be used for a car destined for Texas? Or is it not that simple?

Old 03-18-2012, 06:19 PM
Brittiu
1st Gear
Mine too!!

Originally Posted by bmwr606
My All4 is on the TALISMAN, currently docked in Southampton.

due in Baltimore March 22
My CMS all4 is on the same boat!! Thursday can't come soon enough. Our mini's are floating in the Atlantic ocean now! So excited

Old 03-18-2012, 08:25 PM
TBangin23
4th Gear
I was just curious how long others had to wait till their cars started production. I ordered mine yesterday (eager, as you can tell lol) and was what I believe told by my MA that she changed the order of one of the cars they had ordered for the dealership itself? So I could have a quicker production time, but then she said production date was 4/16? That's a month away. Not sure if that's right? Or if maybe I just fell into a loop somewhere and got booted far off from the usual 6-8 weeks order time for the hardtops. So if the 4/16 production date IS in fact right, I'm looking at a long 2 - 2 1/2 month wait! Darn!

Old 03-18-2012, 09:51 PM
noreen99
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lil Maky
Noreen99,

We too ordered on the 29th! Perhaps we will journey across the pond on the same ship.

I guess all we can do at this point is wait and watch.

Did you order anything special on your mini?
Lil Maky,

Not sure i'm cut out for patiently waiting, i would probably be better off with a production date i could count down too. https://www.northamericanmotoring.co.../ppuser/114919

Old 03-18-2012, 10:32 PM
bmwr606
6th Gear
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
my Countryman ALL4 is on the Talisman also

she has not reported position since march 17 at 12:00 UTC....i hope the pirates didn't get her!

scott

Old 03-19-2012, 04:24 AM
NotPortlyNJ
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MY4thMINI
That was fast!
How in the world did you get such a fast delivery
Not sure. My MA said it they were looking at a 3 month timeframe, so I ordered in early Feb. What may help is that BMW North American headquarters is in Montvale, NJ, and Prestige MINI is the nearest MINI dealer. Not sure if that helps though.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:50 AM
Raska
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by NotPortlyNJ
I live up in North Jersey too, and also ordered from Prestige MINI. Cars set to arrive at the VDC this Friday, cannot wait to get it!

Old 03-19-2012, 07:09 AM
hearthand
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TBangin23
I was just curious how long others had to wait till their cars started production. I ordered mine yesterday (eager, as you can tell lol) and was what I believe told by my MA that she changed the order of one of the cars they had ordered for the dealership itself? So I could have a quicker production time, but then she said production date was 4/16? That's a month away. Not sure if that's right? Or if maybe I just fell into a loop somewhere and got booted far off from the usual 6-8 weeks order time for the hardtops. So if the 4/16 production date IS in fact right, I'm looking at a long 2 - 2 1/2 month wait! Darn!
The order times really seem to be car/dealer specific. Once your build number is issued, you wait in the system until that series is up for build. My car was originally a dealer order that was switched and I waited 2 months and 3 1/2 weeks...took 2 weeks just to go from "order" to "production"...

Old 03-19-2012, 07:13 AM
TBangin23
4th Gear
Originally Posted by hearthand
The order times really seem to be car/dealer specific. Once your build number is issued, you wait in the system until that series is up for build. My car was originally a dealer order that was switched and I waited 2 months and 3 1/2 weeks...took 2 weeks just to go from "order" to "production"...

Yikes! That's a heck of a wait. My MA just confirmed that my build week is April 15th. So looks like I'm in for a nice wait, seeing as production doesn't start for a month! Lol. Hopefully the rest of the process goes quickly.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:31 AM
Raska
2nd Gear
I was one of the fortunate ones, I guess. I put my order in on the 28th of February, and on the 29th of February it was already In Production. Finished up a week and a half later, set sail the following Wednesday, March 14th, and will arrive at the Jersey City VDC this Friday the 23rd.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:16 AM
dachshund
2nd Gear
Yikes! That's a heck of a wait. My MA just confirmed that my build week is April 15th. So looks like I'm in for a nice wait, seeing as production doesn't start for a month! Lol. Hopefully the rest of the process goes quickly.
I imagine this is affected by demand. I wonder if the process gets longer when we get closer to summer.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:24 AM
egurdziel
Neutral
I ordered my CM on Feb 6th and got a production date of Mar 10th. That first month of waiting was hard but expected. Unfortunately it's been "at the port, awaiting a shipping vessel" for a week now...and THAT'S driving me nuts!! My MA hasn't been super helpful, and MINI says once it's at the port they can't tell me anything else. Pulling my hair out but so excited!

Old 03-19-2012, 08:36 AM
TBangin23
4th Gear
Oops. Looks like I got good news already, bumped up my production date from the week of April 15th, to April 8th. It's only a week, but still awesome!

Originally Posted by Raska
I was one of the fortunate ones, I guess. I put my order in on the 28th of February, and on the 29th of February it was already In Production. Finished up a week and a half later, set sail the following Wednesday, March 14th, and will arrive at the Jersey City VDC this Friday the 23rd.
Very lucky! Should be picking it up soon then. Congrats! We'll be expecting pictures! Lol.

Originally Posted by dachshund
I imagine this is affected by demand. I wonder if the process gets longer when we get closer to summer.
Thats what I was guessing with the wait times. Hopefully it doesn't take too long. Just have to keep reminding myself it's worth it in the end, and to chill out. Haha.

Originally Posted by egurdziel
I ordered my CM on Feb 6th and got a production date of Mar 10th. That first month of waiting was hard but expected. Unfortunately it's been "at the port, awaiting a shipping vessel" for a week now...and THAT'S driving me nuts!! My MA hasn't been super helpful, and MINI says once it's at the port they can't tell me anything else. Pulling my hair out but so excited!
So we have/had about the same month wait time for production. I was getting a little worried because everyone else I had talked to about ordering had theirs in production within weeks. Not a month. Lol. I was also told that getting to the port, shipping it, and the VDC are the worst parts. Hopefully it gets on a ship soon for you! I'd be responding the same way though! Haha.

Last edited by TBangin23; 03-19-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:37 PM
beauxgoris
4th Gear
You guys on the Talisman are lucky. I'm on the TOSCANA currently docked in Southampton - with a stop in Spain before crossing the Atlantic. My countryman won't get to Baltimore until 3/30.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:48 PM
wry_martini
1st Gear
I'm still scheduled for production but with no production week assigned.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Brittiu
1st Gear
Mini CMS

My Mini CMS All4 is on the Talisman. Did anyone order there car from Classic Mini in Willoughby Hills Ohio?? He should be arriving in Baltimore on 3/22/12

Old 03-19-2012, 10:12 PM
sorensilk
2nd Gear
I got a nice surprise today (no not delivery...) I ordered my Coupe three weeks ago and have been trying to forget about it. Today I called 866-ASK-MINI for the first time to try to get my production date. They said "Yeah, your car was done being built 2 days ago and is at the docks waiting transport."

I had them double check because I didn't think it would be that quick. Who knows how long it'll take to get on a boat, sail over, etc. but that was a nice surprise.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Lil Maky
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sorensilk
I got a nice surprise today (no not delivery...) I ordered my Coupe three weeks ago and have been trying to forget about it. Today I called 866-ASK-MINI for the first time to try to get my production date. They said "Yeah, your car was done being built 2 days ago and is at the docks waiting transport."

I had them double check because I didn't think it would be that quick. Who knows how long it'll take to get on a boat, sail over, etc. but that was a nice surprise.
That is great news! Yes? Congrats on the new baby coupe!

I called today after my MA last week said it went to Production Pack on the 6th, but still shows no confimed Production Date. ASK-MINI could not add any more info. I dont know what is worse, waiting to hear its in production or waiting to get it all the way to the west coast.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:11 AM
Raska
2nd Gear
Gah! The Don Juan has been delayed, so intead of arriving in NJ on the 23rd, its arriving the 24th. Only a day I know, plus since the 23rd is a Friday I doubt anything would have been done on the car until Monday anyways, still a tad disappointing.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:31 AM
ljmattox
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sorensilk

Great surprise indeed!

If you care to, you can improve on the "who knows how long" to get on ship part by checking sailings on the KLine and WW schedules. That will narrow it down to 1-n potential ships, and when they may leave.

Or: your MA may call you. Mine did...but I was already in the know, and drew a lucky card that it was traveling on WW, who provide that VIN# trace feature, so I knew what ship, etc.

Otherwise, someone had asked about timing/sequence: Mine was ordered 2.4.12, was assembled 2.27.12, at Southhampton on 2.28.12, and left for Baltimore on 3.7.12.

One side note: the WW tracker claimed my "slot" on the ship had been reserved on 2.1.12, so it appears these, like production, are reserved in advance. "We'll put 1-n vehicles on that ship sailing on 3.7.12" was done ahead of time.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:48 AM
ChaunceyG
1st Gear
Originally Posted by davidziegler
Does anyone know which Port/VDC would typically be used for a car destined for Texas? Or is it not that simple?
I'm in Houston and mine came through Brunswick, GA. The crossing from Southampton took about two weeks, including a stop in Baltimore. It came into port on the 10th and arrived at the dealer yesterday. Waiting on a couple dealer-installed options and will be picking it up tomorrow or Thursday. I would guess your timelines would be similar.

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group