1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 03:53 PM
Vapok
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group

I'm realizing now that Support Groups are the way to go here. Being as apparently way ahead of the game, I think my support group is very small, but HEY maybe I'll make some friends.

Since I don't think there's a 2012 Support Group, I'll start one.

Not intending on it being a Support Group thread, I did post a note about 2012's currently (As of July 19th) being stuck in the VDC until August. You can find that here: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...t-the-vdc.html

Feel free to chime in and keep me company. I'm so obsessed about this car right now, and my OCD has really showed the past almost two months.

Order Timeline and Stats
Ordered: June 2nd - 2011 R55 S (hugely customized)
Converted: June 13th - 2012 R55 S (Due to supply issues)
Production Number Obtained: June 14th
Production Started: June 26th
Production Ended: June 30th
At Southhampton: July 1st
Loaded on to the MANON: July 6th
Unloaded in Port of NYNJ: July 15th
Estimated Delivery Date: July 22nd
Estimated Delivery Date: August 9th
Estimated Delivery Date: July 30th
Left VDC: July 28th
Arrived at Dealership: July 29th
Picked up Car: August 1st

Last edited by Vapok; 08-01-2011 at 06:58 AM. Reason: updated date
Old 07-19-2011, 04:12 PM
acorrea
1st Gear
My 2012 MCS Convertible was loaded onto the Liberty to set sail for Baltimore MD today. It's set to arrive there on 7/28 so I'm hoping the delay is quick as the MA told me that he expects to receive my car first week of August. I'll keep my fingers crossed!!

Old 07-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Subzero
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Greetings! My support group has been quiet, so I will chime in!

I ordered my 2012 MB/MB MCSa, "Groo" on June 25. He was completed
by July 8, and I found out this morning that he set sail yesterday on
K-Line's "Florida Highway". Due in Charleston by Sat, July 30.

I didn't get Nav or any of the technology package, but I did opt for the JCW tuning kit, suspension, and aero.

My previous cars before this were an 87 Fiero, a 93 Grand Am, a 94 Olds Cutlass, and most recently a 1997 Eclipse with 178k I have driven since it was new (just died). So you could say I'm excited and overdue!

I will keep you updated, good luck to you as well!
J

Old 07-19-2011, 06:07 PM
pmini
2nd Gear
Well, you all are way ahead of me and almost at your point of delivery, so congrats. I just ordered my 2012 MCS Convertible this past Sunday, 07/17. Today it showed as "ordered"... I have a long way to go and will be needing a lot of support. I've been reading the threads here for a month and I know am in the right place. Look forward to reading your updates.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:58 PM
Cred
4th Gear
I am still waiting to order a 2012 JCW hardtop. I have been told by 3 MAs that US dealerships are not taking orders for 2012 JCW hardtops for several months and first delivery is to be expected in November. So I am waiting it out until I can order. Has anyone else heard about this delay?

Old 07-19-2011, 11:03 PM
HWOO
1st Gear
2012 CM on order..?October delivery

Old 07-20-2011, 03:43 AM
cricketk
Neutral
My 2012 MCS convertible arrived in NYC yesterday on the Bess, and is scheduled for delivery at my dealer 7/25. I spoke to my MA yesterday and he said nothing about a delay. Now I'm getting nervous! I bought the car on 7/9 and it was one the dealer already had on order.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:31 AM
mrk5n
3rd Gear
Ordered on July 9th, hoping for September delivery!

Old 07-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Vapok
2nd Gear
Good luck all. I'm hoping that whatever hold ups at the VDC are quick and or fictional.

Cricketk, I'm interested in knowing if you're car gets out of the VDC there before mine. Keep me posted!

Old 07-20-2011, 11:41 AM
treadwell
1st Gear
My 2012 MCCs ordered 7/5 is in the paint shop today. No NAV/Connected but with auto trans.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:00 PM
LaurenMini
2nd Gear
Everyone here is lightyears ahead of me. I ordered my R60 All4 on May 4th (yes May). Due to supply issues with the automatic transmission, I was bumped to a 2012. I finally got my production number a couple weeks ago. I'm slated for the first week of 2012 Countryman production, the middle of August, the 33rd week. If it takes the 8 weeks they are projecting, I will get my car the middle of October, five months after putting the deposit down!

I am lucky enough to be able to wait that long for what will be my first car (technically my second car, but my parents bought the first for my twin and me 8 years ago).

So be happy your 2012 orders are almost here and not months away!

Old 07-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Herby74
5th Gear
Hope you all enjoy following your Minis from the factory, to the port and across the pond. I recently wandered in to discuss a new lease and was given the last factory chassis slot they had left on '12 MCS hardtops......no more Countrymen either. I thought I was going to order a 2011! On July 6 they didn't know when they'd get a new allotment and were wait listing new customers.....due to the impact of the tsunami in Japan on electronics equipment. Sounds like production is going to grind to a halt.

Mine was done yesterday and currently sitting at the dock waiting to be loaded onto a vessel.....probably the Elektra which docks in NY on 8/3. I feel fortunate to be getting in under the gun. We're a lucky bunch!

Old 07-20-2011, 07:15 PM
acorrea
1st Gear
I definitely consider myself very lucky to have placed my order for my 2012 MCS Convertible on 6/30 and then it went into production within 3 days. The dealer had 3 allocated just about ready to go into production and I took the first one! I feel for those of you who have to wait longer or have already waited longer - this wait is tough for me but it's all well worth it at the end!!!

Old 07-20-2011, 09:10 PM
alixcks
2nd Gear
Ordered my MCS on 7/5 and it's estimated to be finished this Friday. All this talk about VDC delays is getting me nervous! How is everyone able to find out what ship their new Mini might be on?

Old 07-20-2011, 09:19 PM
smokinhot
Neutral
Hello, Im glad to be in the 2012 support group. Ordered my CM on 7/18 and my MA gave me a production #, but when I went to register the #, it wasn't for my car, I was not happy about that, so I hope to be where some of you guys are real soon...

I haven't been this excited about a car, since never, lol, can't wait .

CONGRATS to all who can see the finish line...

smokinhot

Old 07-20-2011, 09:53 PM
Vapok
2nd Gear
As my MA forewarned, the Owner's Lounge Estimated Delivery Date is now August 9th. It did say July 22nd. Looks like I have two or three more weeks.

Old 07-21-2011, 06:14 PM
alixcks
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Vapok
As my MA forewarned, the Owner's Lounge Estimated Delivery Date is now August 9th. It did say July 22nd. Looks like I have two or three more weeks.

Looks like I'm sort of in the same dilemma. Just called ASK MINI and my estimated completion changed from 7/22 to 8/9. Trying to find coping techniques... the wait is unbearable haha.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:02 PM
treadwell
1st Gear
Originally Posted by alixcks
Looks like I'm sort of in the same dilemma. Just called ASK MINI and my estimated completion changed from 7/22 to 8/9. Trying to find coping techniques... the wait is unbearable haha.
Interesting, I ordered my 2012 Clubman S on 7/5 also and my car was in assembly today and on track to be completed tomorrow. Maybe they're having parts issues with some options.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:04 AM
veevsato
1st Gear
My MCS was ordered on 7/4 from a dealer slot. Smokinhot, the dealers often take a "stock" slot that they have for inventory and give it to a customer and then just change the order. Originally my production number showed a sky blue, justamini with auto trans and NOTHING else. After about 2 days it changed to a chili red MCS automatic, and finally, after it hit production, it changed to the Hot Chocolate MCS that I ordered. Give it a few days. It will change to the (I'm sure much cooler) car that you ordered. Currently my MCS is at the dock waiting to get on a ship. Hoping that it will get loaded onto one of the 2 ships leaving on 7/23 for Baltimore. I havent had to wait nearly as long as some of you guys, and this is killing me, so I feel for the 5 and 6 monthers out there. I know it will be worth it.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:57 AM
veevsato
1st Gear
BTW, I am still looking for a name for my MCS. All brown and black. Any suggestions. Picture is from MINI build site.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:18 AM
Vapok
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by veevsato
BTW, I am still looking for a name for my MCS. All brown and black. Any suggestions. Picture is from MINI build site.
First thing that comes to mind is "Coco"

Old 07-22-2011, 10:48 AM
cricketk
Neutral
Originally Posted by Vapok
Good luck all. I'm hoping that whatever hold ups at the VDC are quick and or fictional.

Cricketk, I'm interested in knowing if you're car gets out of the VDC there before mine. Keep me posted!
Vapok, I am so bummed for you!

The Owner's Lounge shows that my Mini is at the VDC with an estimated delivery date of 7/23. The date hasn't changed since I first started tracking last week. I spoke to my MA Tuesday, and he said everything was on track for me to take delivery on 7/25, which is all over the paperwork as well. I haven't heard a peep from him since then. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the OL updates to "At your Mini Dealer" in the morning. If not, I am going to call and raise some hell.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:10 AM
veevsato
1st Gear
Has anyone actually "seen" a 2012 MCS. I heard they were changed a tiny bit on the guages, roofline, c-pillars, and taillights. I look on google pics all the time, but all I find are pictures of the 2-seater thats coming out this fall.

Old 07-22-2011, 12:01 PM
Vapok
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by veevsato
Has anyone actually "seen" a 2012 MCS. I heard they were changed a tiny bit on the guages, roofline, c-pillars, and taillights. I look on google pics all the time, but all I find are pictures of the 2-seater thats coming out this fall.
According to the internal docs that the dealership gave me when I asked that very same question of "What changed between 2011 and 2012?" the overall look has remained consistent. There are a few very minor changes in the trim line, and it really looks like the 2012 Model Year will see the introduction of a lot of decal customization to allow you to order a very specific, unique car. In addition, the added lines of the Coupe and Roadster.

Short of that, I think it's relatively the same, and I know for a fact the engine is the same as the 2011's.

Old 07-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Vapok
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by cricketk
Vapok, I am so bummed for you!

The Owner's Lounge shows that my Mini is at the VDC with an estimated delivery date of 7/23. The date hasn't changed since I first started tracking last week. I spoke to my MA Tuesday, and he said everything was on track for me to take delivery on 7/25, which is all over the paperwork as well. I haven't heard a peep from him since then. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the OL updates to "At your Mini Dealer" in the morning. If not, I am going to call and raise some hell.
What options did you have with yours? If yours exits the VDC before mine, you better believe my MA will have some explain' to do

Quick Reply: "Those Waiting for a 2012" Support Group