1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08/12 Completion date

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 09:36 PM
pmini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08/12 Completion date

Ordered my 2012 MCSc last Sunday. Found out on Tuesday that it was "scheduled for production". By reading on here I found out about 1-866-ask-mini and that they have an automated service. I just called and found out that my mini is "scheduled for completion" 08/12...yippee!!!

Don't know what my production week # is yet, guess I'll ask my MA or call ask mini on Monday. I need to join a support group ASAP.

Thanks for all the great posts here as this mini newbie is getting a great mini education.

Old 07-24-2011, 08:23 PM
pmini
2nd Gear
Production week #32 = 08/12/12

MA told me today that my production week # is 32. Anyone else with the same week?

Old 08-08-2011, 11:44 PM
Blk Diamond
1st Gear
Hi Pmini, I have the same completion date 8/12! I'm counting the days! My MA told me that my production number was week 33? I really don't care as long as my baby gets all her parts this week! Are you excited? I am!

Old 08-09-2011, 02:57 PM
nddst
2nd Gear
Still waiting on a production week. Does anyone know if the first 2 in your production number are the week?

Old 08-09-2011, 03:48 PM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
we ordered our cm on July 20th. I am praying that the first two numbers do not mean the production week. If so, my production week is 36 and I won't be able to enjoy the fall driving. Oh well. maybe by thanksgiving but my MA says it's still 6-8 weeks from day of order

Last edited by mrluckypa; 08-09-2011 at 04:06 PM. Reason: add
Old 08-09-2011, 05:03 PM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Just called MINI re: my production date. They informed me that there is a delay in mine but they have no idea why and when it will be produced. Not too happy now especially after I went in to Dealer to add fog lights and was told it can't be done as it is in production. Dealership still tells me that we will have it 6-8 weeks after order date of July 22.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:22 PM
pmini
2nd Gear
My MA told me my production week was 32 but I have a feeling it might be 33. My production number starts with 36 so I'm with you mrluckypa. I have a feeling the production number doesn't have anything to do with the week...at least I hope the 36 doesn't.

I did call Ask Mini and the automated service states my mini is in production and scheduled to be finished on 08/12. The Owners Lounge states it's scheduled for production but I did notice the OL doesn't actually have a "in production" status.

I'm choosing to believe it will be finished on Friday and hopefully headed to the port shortly there after. I guy can dream, right.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:40 PM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
When I called, they don't have a production start date and have no idea as to what is holding it up. I wonder whether it's either the color or the automatic transmission on a justa.

Last edited by mrluckypa; 08-10-2011 at 03:09 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:54 PM
withflyingcolors
2nd Gear
8/12 completion date here too with an order number starting with 36. It's a MCC "justa" manual. Pretty basic but very excited.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Blk Diamond
1st Gear
Originally Posted by withflyingcolors
8/12 completion date here too with an order number starting with 36. It's a MCC "justa" manual. Pretty basic but very excited.
Hi withflyingcolors,

I ordered a MCC "justa" manual too! Pretty basic? No Way! I'm sure your baby is going to looks awesome! So what if he/she is not an "S" model, non "s" models are just as special. I'm excited for you and for me! The countdown is on! Two more days until our completion date! Are you hanging in there buddy?

Old 08-10-2011, 05:52 PM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
All MINIs are awesome!!! It does not matter whether it is an S or a JCW!! There isn't a car out there like em. You just have to make sure that you have the accessories/options that suit you. Mine will get here when it gets here. Today was not a good day for me.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:54 PM
nddst
2nd Gear
My # starts with 36, too.

Old 08-10-2011, 06:02 PM
pmini
2nd Gear
I agree, as long as you're getting the mini that you want it doesn't matter which one or what options it has. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and just hope it's finished on Friday. I'll feel a lot better and then will begin the next phase...the transatlantic cruise over.

I read on one of the other threads that they were having delays due to the mini connects coming from Japan. Did any of you get the mini connect?

Old 08-10-2011, 06:24 PM
Blk Diamond
1st Gear
Originally Posted by mrluckypa
All MINIs are awesome!!! It does not matter whether it is an S or a JCW!! There isn't a car out there like em. You just have to make sure that you have the accessories/options that suit you. Mine will get here when it gets here. Today was not a good day for me.
Well said MrLucky! All MINI's are created special!

Old 08-10-2011, 06:30 PM
withflyingcolors
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Blk Diamond
Hi withflyingcolors,

I ordered a MCC "justa" manual too! Pretty basic? No Way! I'm sure your baby is going to looks awesome! So what if he/she is not an "S" model, non "s" models are just as special. I'm excited for you and for me! The countdown is on! Two more days until our completion date! Are you hanging in there buddy?
That's very true, and you all are right! I guess I had a little S and "mod" envy from reading the boards while I wait impatiently. He he

Yep! I have all the options that I can afford and are right for me at this point on my life. I've wanted a mini for years now so I am happy to start with this one! The only thing I would have liked is to see the new colors for 2012 but I love my color too so it's all good.

Old 08-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Blk Diamond
1st Gear
Originally Posted by pmini
I agree, as long as you're getting the mini that you want it doesn't matter which one or what options it has. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and just hope it's finished on Friday. I'll feel a lot better and then will begin the next phase...the transatlantic cruise over.

I read on one of the other threads that they were having delays due to the mini connects coming from Japan. Did any of you get the mini connect?
I ordered MINI Connect but a few day later I was informed by my MA that I had to purchase the Nav as well due to shortages/delays from Japan. At first I thought she was trying to pull a fast one on me, so I checked with another dealership and was told the same thing. Did anyone else have the same issure when purchasing the MINI conn back in June?

Old 08-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Blk Diamond
1st Gear
That's very true, and you all are right! I guess I had a little S and "mod" envy from reading the boards while I wait impatiently. He he

Yep! I have all the options that I can afford and are right for me at this point on my life. I've wanted a mini for years now so I am happy to start with this one! The only thing I would have liked is to see the new colors for 2012 but I love my color too so it's all good.
Speaking of MINI Fever! I purchased a vanity license plate yesterday that says: MAWMINI! It should arrive by the time I my baby does! Oh, and I've named her Star. The MAW stands for the initials of my first, middle and last name. MAW is kinda close to My don't you think?

Old 08-11-2011, 06:16 AM
withflyingcolors
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Blk Diamond
Speaking of MINI Fever! I purchased a vanity license plate yesterday that says: MAWMINI! It should arrive by the time I my baby does! Oh, and I've named her Star. The MAW stands for the initials of my first, middle and last name. MAW is kinda close to My don't you think?
Love it!!!

Old 08-11-2011, 06:29 AM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
MAWMINI is great is certain parts of the country it would be enunciated as my mini.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Blk Diamond
1st Gear

Originally Posted by mrluckypa
MAWMINI is great is certain parts of the country it would be enunciated as my mini.
Really?!!!! That's Awesome!

Old 08-12-2011, 07:44 AM
pmini
2nd Gear
I just called "Ask Mini" on my 08/12 production date mini and was very happy to hear my mini is awaiting transport. The OL still shows it as "scheduled for production" so as many people have written the OL does lag behind.

I hope my mini has a great transatlantic cruise and doesn't get sunburned or sick sick.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:42 AM
Blk Diamond
1st Gear
I just called "Ask Mini" on my 08/12 production date mini and was very happy to hear my mini is awaiting transport. The OL still shows it as "scheduled for production" so as many people have written the OL does lag behind.

I hope my mini has a great transatlantic cruise and doesn't get sunburned or sick sick.
Yea!!!!! Right On!

Old 08-12-2011, 12:19 PM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
I hope they gave your MINI some dramamine before it left port.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:36 PM
withflyingcolors
2nd Gear

Mine too!!! Ha ha I hope mine keeps yours company

Old 08-18-2011, 07:34 AM
withflyingcolors
2nd Gear
Hi 8/12ers. My MA called today to say my Mini made the 8/16 ship and he'll update me when it gets to NJ. Yay!