1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not quite normal...use that is

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 08:28 PM
BP K9 Miami
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not quite normal...use that is

Before I upset all the true blood Mini lovers please don't think I love my Mini any less then you do... Not only do I use mine as a daily commuter, I travel frequently around the country by Motor Home and plan to set this up to tow behind (and yeah, I know Mini does NOT endorse 4 down towing). As a result, I need to make some minor (gawd I hope they're minor) alterations to accomodate some tow specific items; hidden tow base plates, batt disconnect, tow plug, ect. That's in addition to some other things that are already on my wish list from reading all the posts here.

I hope to get some advice and assistance from any other owners who have taken the plunge off this cliff. I have a fair idea how some of this will go, but it's a little hairy to be thinking about so many modifications!
Above the need to be practical in getting this stuff done, I want to keep the Mini looking as "normal" as possible so y'all don't throw stones at me if I show up somewhere.

If anyone else has set up there Mini as a TOAD I'd love to hear what works and what you had to find "work-arounds" on...if I can ever figure out how to post photo's I'll make sure to post mod's as they are made on mine.

Thanks for all the good ideas throughout the forum...some of y'all are incredible in what you've come up with or the modifications you've done!