1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Future owner checking-in

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 04:50 AM
///Matthew
3rd Gear
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Future owner checking-in

Been kicking around the idea of getting a Mini for a couple years. Finally decided it was time to get a 2nd car for commuting.

Test drove one on Friday and went back Saturday to put my order in. I got $750 off MSRP, from what I understand is pretty good for a ordered car.

Getting nervous reading some of the issues people are having with theirs here on the Boards. I ordered a Cooper without any of the bells and whistles so I'm hoping the drivetrain holds out for 50K miles. My dealer is less than 10 miles away so that's one good thing.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:26 AM
Subzero
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Matthew, if it makes you feel any better, I spent 5 years planning for this car and just got it 1.5 weeks ago. I read all the negativity and after I ordered my car, I questioned my sanity based on all the gripes I read. Keep in mind that for every person here who lodges a complaint, there are probably 30 who are out motoring without any major problems. These forums are the first place that people go to report issues.

Now, is a MINI as reliable as a Toyota Corrola? No chance, but you will have 100x more fun driving it. Remember, that you are buying one of, if not the best resale value cars on the market. You also have a 4 year warranty. By the time you even get close to having to pay for repairs out of pocket, you will have a pretty good idea if you are going to keep it or not.

Just my .02, you will have a complete blast driving your Cooper!

Jon

Old 08-22-2011, 09:17 AM
///Matthew
3rd Gear
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
My car will look like this...

Old 08-23-2011, 03:17 PM
DDMNYC
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ignore the gripes

As another Mini owner to be (Countryman S ALL4) scheduled to arrive in a few weeks, I was also a bit nervous about all the griping. But I agree with the our fellow poster - we've ordered Mini's not a Civic (no offense to Honda at all).

I look forward to driving something fun, with decent mileage.

Life is short, right?

Enjoy!

PS - So far the experience with my dealer - Prestige Mini in North NJ - has been 100% amazing....