1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maintenance and Warranty Resource?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 08:26 AM
christomapher
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maintenance and Warranty Resource?

Hello all!

I recently bought a gently used Camden S and am loving every minute of it! I was searching the forums for an answer and maybe it's a really silly question, but I am just not sure where to go for an answer. Should I keep this in 1st gear or move on to R56 talk?

My only problem is that I bought it from a Land Rover dealer, so they didn't really know much about the warranty and maintenance that comes with the car.

Is there a resource I can look at that will tell me what type of included service I can expect from the dealer since my car is still under warranty? I'd love to know what to expect so I can save money. I am also trying to figure out what the standard warranty covers.

Also, I was advised to "not bring your car into a dealer that you didn't buy it from for maintenance because they dealer will get upset"... but that sounds kind of fishy. There is a new dealer in Chicago that is super close to me so that's where I want to go. Of course I didn't buy it there but I would love to get it serviced, oil changed, washed... etc.

Does anyone know if I can just bring it anywhere for service and maintenance under my standard warranty?

Thanks for the help!

-Chris

Last edited by christomapher; 08-26-2011 at 08:59 AM. Reason: to add my signature
Old 08-26-2011, 09:27 AM
jeanstpierre
2nd Gear
never had a problem bringing a Mini to a dealer for service. they make moneyon both warranty and non warranty work.
as for the scheduled maintainence work, go to the Mini Owners lounge and you will find the schedule . also has warranty info.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:14 AM
Capt_bj
OVERDRIVE
Received 282 Likes on 238 Posts
any dealer sould be willing to do maintenance or warranty work - some dealers give perks to those who bought from their dealership - like only giving loaners to buyers - but not all dealers

your pre-paid maintenance is 3 years (from date of first delivery) or 36,000 miles. This includes oil changes and service as dictaged by the on board computer andd / or an oil change every 12 months. Take your car to any dealer and they can insert the key into a special reader and pull up the maintenance history as far as what's been done by a MINI dealer. Service covers standard consumables like oil, filters, wiper blades, even brake pads and rotors and brake fluid changes. Clutch issues can go either way.

warranty is 4 years / 50,000 miles nad you should have received a warranty book in the packette with the owner's manual. In theory it is an and to end all inclusive warranty but there are the dreaded 'you voided the warranty' issues. Again, clutch issus tend to be the most common bitching point.

I'd bet that new dealer would welcome you with open arms. To quote a dealer I know, "I don't make anything selling cars. I make my money in the service bays."

Old 08-26-2011, 11:20 AM
christomapher
4th Gear
Thanks, Capt BJ! That is very helpful! The Chicago dealer will probably be even more welcoming considering that I most likely will be purchasing another MINI on Saturday! :D

Much appreciated!