1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost...there...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 05:15 PM
arsci
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Almost...there...

Well, hopefully I don't jinx it...but tomorrow morning I should be purchasing a 2008 MINI Cooper S. That is, if someone doesn't buy it tonight! List price is $19,888, its basically fully loaded minus a few items (don't know all the mini options yet so I couldn't tell you what exactly). I'm VERY excited...haven't slept all week!!

I finished reading all 27ish pages of the thread about what everyone hates about their mini, and I have to say that was one of the best threads....I know exactly what I'm in for, what some of the common problems and annoyances are. I'm coming from a 2004 GMC Canyon Pickup truck, so it's going to be quite a change. Luckily I'm used to a lot of annoyances...that truck has A LOT of them! It's done me well though...I owned it for just over 4 years, and it has 130,000 miles and is still running strong, but it's time for something new!

I've been poking around here for a few days and hope to learn more...the Canyon had a HUGE online community that was really great so I'm really excited to see there is something similar for the mini's!

I'm pretty big on modifying my cars, and the mini will be no exception! My first mod will probably be the lightinsight thing...I was having a heck of a time during the test drives!

I'll post up some pics tomorrow morning if everything goes to plan!

Ryan