1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 08:58 AM
Lovedmymini
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Selling tires

Hi all,
I had a 2007 Mini S-Cooper and unfortunately due to the economy, had to get rid of it.
I have two 16" Continental runflat tires that I have tried to sell on this via the Marketplace with no luck.
If anyone has thoughts on helping me sell these two tires I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Diane "Lovedmymini"

Old 08-29-2011, 09:18 AM
Blackbomber
5th Gear
Few people want runflats, and fewer still want less than a complete set of four. It's possible that the right person has yet to see your ad. I'd keep it there, and also try craigslist. Where are you located, and how much are you looking to get?

Old 08-29-2011, 09:25 AM
Lovedmymini
Neutral
Originally Posted by Blackbomber
Few people want runflats, and fewer still want less than a complete set of four. It's possible that the right person has yet to see your ad. I'd keep it there, and also try craigslist. Where are you located, and how much are you looking to get?
hi,
I have the ad on Craigslist and Ebay and had it on here until it expired...I paid $275 per tire ($550) and am only looking for $300 total...and there is more than 75% tread left...I am in Melrose (Boston area)...I will put another ad up on this and thanks for your thoughts...
I thought runflats were big with Mini people, I had two Minis and only used runflats...the ride is much nicer...but more expensive too...

Old 08-29-2011, 09:46 AM
Blackbomber
5th Gear
Even among the first generation S owners, I see the trend of people moving away from the runflats. Probably for handling reasons. Those cars actually need them, as there is no spare from factory. I think people interested in used tires are looking for a bargain. And when you can buy brand new non-runflats installed with roadhazzard for about $100 each, the understandably more valuble runflats are not as attractive at your price point. This is conjecture on my part, but I imagine most of those willing to pay the premium for the runflats are not in the used tire market to begin with. Best of luck to you.