1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New owner of 2011 Cooper S

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 07:29 PM
smokeysevin
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New owner of 2011 Cooper S

Hello everyone my name is Sean, I purchased a 2011 Premium package Chili Red with white top Cooper S 6 Speed manual about 4 weeks ago. I am thrilled with the car to say the least. My previous Mini experience comes from a good friend with an r53 that we installed an alta 15% pulley on. The 2011 is more than I expected and other than a few little issues such as not having xenon headlights and having the white roof (no offense I just prefer the black roof) I am totally sold on the car. I will put some pictures up in the next day or so I just thought I should come in here and introduce myself finally. Thus far I have the BSH OCC, a cone filter on the MAF sensor, and a JCW front strut tower brace. I got the brace free because the dealer had my car listed with xenon headlights and when I got there to pick it up it had halogens. I wouldn't have bought it but the interior and HK sound system were so much better than the base equipment I just couldn't say no, and they took a grand off the price.

I have an 01 tundra that has become a bit of a mutant. it has gm 12 bolt rear end, k1500 rear disc conversion, custom rear shock mounts, unistrut track system with custom removable spare tire mount, 285/75/16 front 305/70/16 rear nitto dune grapplers, 800w dual s8l5 kicker subs in custom enclosure under the rear seat, infinity reference component speakers and raamat sound deadner along with full custom exhaust and mid travel front suspension. The plans for this involve stepping up to 35 inch tires, fiberglass front fenders and pulled bedsides. I do all the work on the tundra and the mini dealer is going to be a nice change for me, even if they are like some of the dealers I have read about on here.

I want to try to keep the Cooper pretty civil but it needs to keep an evil side. I want it to be relatively quiet but still hear the nice engine when I crack the throttle. The halogens need to be brighter at the least or get swapped for projectors and xenons. I think I want a sway bar to wake up the rear suspension but I have never ridden in a car with sways. I would love to get a black roof vinyl and black mirror caps as well as the black grill surround. As far as wheels go I would love some gold rays volks but I really like oz alleggrita and bbs wheels as well. I wold go for 17 maybe 18 inch wheels as I drive really crappy roads.

Thanks for reading and I hope to learn and share whatever I can.

Sean