1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 08:48 AM
jrp
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello!

Just ordered my first Mini yesterday. I should be able to pick it up in a week (they have to bring it in from out of state). I'm pretty excited and just wanted to talk about it, so I came here.

I got a 2012 Hardtop S with lots of trimmings including the Mini Connected system. I'm a geek, so looking forward to playing with it. I haven't gotten to see it in person yet, but I've been looking at pictures of similar ones online. It's High Class Gray with a black top, and it's got some MINI Yours Soda stuff going on, whatever that means. I'll find out soon :D

Old 09-09-2011, 09:00 AM
minimidd77
2nd Gear
Welcome, jrp! You came to the right place, lots of us in this part of the forum are WAITING for our cars. Everyone is impatient, but soon we'll all be driving around with big smiles on our faces, waving at each other like mad. What are you getting?

Old 09-09-2011, 09:30 AM
Tmini08
5th Gear
Welcome to NAM and the insanity. Post some pics and more details when you take delivery. Motor on.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:22 AM
alixcks
2nd Gear
Wow, you're lucky you're able to get your Mini right away after ordering it! Congrats.

By the way, the Mini Connected system is awesome and really fun to play with. If you have an iPhone or any phone compatible of the features such as Facebook, Twitter, and Minimalism Analyzer, you'll have loads of fun with that! It's also simple to use.

Good luck and can't wait to see pictures!

Old 09-12-2011, 01:36 PM
jrp
Neutral
My Mini has been sitting at the dealer since Saturday. I went in and did all the paperwork on Sunday, and got to sit in it, play with it, etc. Going out of my mind because I cannot drive it off the lot until they receive the certificate of origin from the dealer it came from (they brought it in from a dealer in a near-by state).

So as soon as that dang certificate arrives, I can go pick it up. Any tips on how to be patient welcome

It's really nice looking. It's got 3-dimensional-looking mirror caps that match the high-class gray exterior and black top. The interior dash is a dark gray, and the seats are white leather with black designs all over, and a black stripe down the center of the back. It's got some nice designs on the glove box too.

I had some time to play with the Mini connected system (already had the app installed on my iPhone) and was very impressed with it! It's going to be a lot of fun

Here's hoping the certificate arrives tomorrow!