1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's up everybody?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 11:48 PM
Mini-Maniac
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's up everybody?

Hey what's up guys, and girls
I'm new to the forums, and just thought I'd stop in to say hi real quick. I don't own a mini yet, but I'm looking for a Cooper S as I type. Haha this seems like a pretty solid forum with a lot of good input so I chose you guys!
I am definitely an enthusiast of cars, and the mini looks to be what I want to drive. Not the most luxurious and comfortable car out there but still acceptably fast and fun to drive! I know quite a bit about cars, and love working on them. Cars keep me entertained, easy as that. Hah
I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys, and hopefully owning a Cooper S as soon as I can get my hands on one! So anyways, hello everybody on the NAM forums!

Old 09-18-2011, 01:57 AM
cmt52663
6th Gear
Received 297 Likes on 225 Posts
Wazzzzzzzzzzzzzzuuuuuuuuuuuuupppppppppppppppp?

Welcome to the forums.

Here's a word to the wise - when you are searching this forum use Google!

Just add "site:northamericanmotoring.com" to the other words you are searching for...

For example - has the word "dyspeptic" ever been used here??

Maybe!

Cheers,

Charlie

Old 09-18-2011, 05:55 AM
Zerohour
2nd Gear
Welcome!

Go drive a few first. I wasn't sure the first time I drove one, but after being in 3-4 cars and test driving them, I was ready to buy one!

The whole interior setup is different than most cars, but honestly it will take 2-3 days and you'll figure out how everything works!

I ended up buying new, but only a base Cooper. Using the Mini as a commuting car has been fun for me so far, and I'm just about through the engine break in period (@ ~1,100 miles as of today). So I imagine this are going to be more fun in the next few weeks, and I may actively start using the 'Sport' button as well!

Just remember to "Manual Up"

Old 09-18-2011, 09:08 AM
dannyhavok
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to the board! Let us know when you find your new MINI! This is a great forum, lots of help for the many, many questions I've had on modding etc. Cheers

Old 09-18-2011, 04:30 PM
Mini-Maniac
Neutral
Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely use it.
And thanks for all the welcomes! I'll keep you guys updated for sure.
To be honest I kind of feel like a poser joining without owning a mini, but I figured why not join and ask questions and learn a little about the car before I get it right?

Old 09-18-2011, 05:24 PM
RallyCat
2nd Gear
No worries, there are plenty of us on here who do not have their MINIs yet
(in my case, mine is being held up for some reason at the port, but I hope to have her this week). Have fun browsing, and good luck on your search!

Old 09-18-2011, 09:46 PM
Mini-Maniac
Neutral
Bummer man, hope you get it back soon, and thanks!
Hopefully I'll be test driving one this week.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:29 AM
Mini-Maniac
Neutral
Yeah that's what I've noticed. Just getting used the the speedo will take me the longest though I think! But I'm pretty sure I won't have a problem.
Question. What are the main things i should look out for or check when buying a used mini? I know I want below 70k miles and probably 05 or newer. But what would you guys recommend I check, etc.? I've been searching around the forums for answers and have found a few things so far so I'll keep looking and reading but what do you guys think?
Thanks.