1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello - new member looking for a mini

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 09:12 PM
Martin Keogh
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello - new member looking for a mini

Hello.

I joined a few years back, intent on getting a mini. Now, I'm back, actively looking for either a Justa, S, or JCW.

My best friend has a Justa 5spd (first body style?), and I love it.

I've driven a '10 JCW here locally that I absolutely love!

Drove an '11 Justa 6spd and loved it too, different beast but still a beast if you know how to drive it.

This car will do commute duty (~80mi/day) and some track time as well (SCCA Solo II, Road Atlanta track days, etc.), as well as some of our N. GA twisties...

I'm leaning toward the '10 JCW 6spd, black, factory JCW, but am not ruling out any other cars. I love the idea of a <20k Justa 6spd. (used)

Thought I'd stop in and say hello, I'm searching and will let y'all know what I end up with. Probably in the next week or so.

As ever was...

MK

Old 10-16-2011, 09:33 PM
dannyhavok
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I say get an R50 (1st gen justa.) but I'm biased. a JCW would be pretty sweet, though

Good luck in your search, let us know what you find!

Old 10-17-2011, 08:00 AM
Slave to Felines
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
The Justa tends to be better classed in the SCCA. That might be something to consider.

...It was for me...

Also, I feel that black cars are tough to own. They heat up quite a lot in the sun, for one. For another, they look fantastic as long as they are super-duper-ultra clean, but they are very tough to keep clean enough. It seems like the instant one speck of dust lands on them they show it sixty-fold. They're great if you like washing cars, but I'm lazy.