1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soon to be noob from Jersey

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 06:03 PM
Weare138
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soon to be noob from Jersey

Hey every one. From north jersey looking to purchace a 12Mcs, not until spring though. In the mean time I'll be sure to be checking out this forum till then.

Test drove one at prestige mini in ramsey nj Saturday and love it. Anyone who's dealt with prestige care to share their experience please let me know. So far I had a pleasant one.

Coming off an 04 WRX. My GF didn't test drive it and she even wants to trade in her 05 Impreza.

Sean

Old 11-21-2011, 06:58 PM
Brisby
3rd Gear
looking to purchace a 12Mcs, not until spring though.
A good strategy! Plenty of time to pick out a color, stripes, interior colors, dask components, rims, etc.. Heh. Congrats!

Old 11-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Lightyr
3rd Gear
Have bought 2 cars from Prestige and at the ripe old age of 60 both experiences were the best I have ever had purchasing vehicles. You can't find a better dealer. From the receptionists to the guys that wash the cars, everyone is great.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Stanislaus
4th Gear
Will the new MINI sport a Misfits decal?

Old 11-21-2011, 07:13 PM
miniblucabrio
5th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I know a few people that go to Prestige and they love them. Have been there once for a rally they hosted and was amazed at the condition of their shop area! It might have been cleaner than the showroom floor!!

ps be sure to check out http://nemini.org we are an active local group

Old 11-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Weare138
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Stanislaus
Will the new MINI sport a Misfits decal?
Ha! I think a new license plate might be instore. Hey they're from Lodi NJ.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Weare138
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Lightyr
Have bought 2 cars from Prestige and at the ripe old age of 60 both experiences were the best I have ever had purchasing vehicles. You can't find a better dealer. From the receptionists to the guys that wash the cars, everyone is great.
Good to hear. How's their service dept? Have they been successful with fixing anything warrenty related?

Old 11-21-2011, 07:57 PM
Weare138
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by miniblucabrio
I know a few people that go to Prestige and they love them. Have been there once for a rally they hosted and was amazed at the condition of their shop area! It might have been cleaner than the showroom floor!!

ps be sure to check out http://nemini.org we are an active local group
Thanks for the reply. I'll definatly look you guys up once I or maybe we get our car(s)

Old 11-22-2011, 06:10 PM
Lightyr
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Weare138
Good to hear. How's their service dept? Have they been successful with fixing anything warrenty related?
Everything that ever happened with wife's '07 was taken care of in a timely fashion.

Had a problem with mine with two known issues. Both were fixed, but with a loaner, the time they have the car for is not an issue.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Gizmo
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You won't have problems with Prestige, hopefully we will see you on some runs in the near future! Have you started fooling around on MINIUSA.com to see the various options for the car?

Old 11-24-2011, 06:11 AM
Weare138
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by JohnW94
You won't have problems with Prestige, hopefully we will see you on some runs in the near future! Have you started fooling around on MINIUSA.com to see the various options for the car?
Thanks. Yep, been on the website and built up a few. I'm prob going to go with my original plan with grey, would love the BRG but my GF said shed want that color. And no, we're not driving the same color car.

How's prestige with servicing and mods? They look like a stand up shop/dealership.

Old 11-24-2011, 06:28 AM
Gizmo
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks. Yep, been on the website and built up a few. I'm prob going to go with my original plan with grey, would love the BRG but my GF said shed want that color. And no, we're not driving the same color car.

How's prestige with servicing and mods? They look like a stand up shop/dealership.
BRG does look great, but you are right, can't have the same color!

From what I have heard, Prestige is both good on servicing and mods. When discussing mods, as long as you discuss with the service dept. what you are doing then generally you are fine. But that being said, you have to also keep in mind that if something happens to your car they may blame it on your mods (that's a special circumstance though). Generally you can haggle them enough to believe that it isn't the mod.

Things like intakes, rear sway bars, strut bars, etc. are usually A-Okay with the service department. MINIs are meant to be modified!

Now you if want to drop in a jet turbine engine into the car, they may have a problem with that

If you have any more questions, just let us know.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:33 AM
trw92a
2nd Gear
I don't want to sound to redundant of the post above, but i can't recomend prestige highly enough. When buying the car, there was no pressure from the dealership, everything was great and we were able to get a test drive on a walk-in. Mine was bought off a lease, but when i got it, it was fully detailed and gassed, they even had it under a cover in the showroom for me. This was also in their old location, their new one is really amazing just architecturally and the staff is great. When my fuel tank sensor went bad it was covered by warranty and we were given a loaner and even when my CVT trans failed, they gave me a new one even though it wasnt covered by warranty, i only needed to pay for the labor, which they reduced the rate of. Great service, great people, and great sales and service dept. Only complaint is that im a bit spoiled for my first car buying experience and I know my next dealer won't be nearly as great :p getting a lotus elise... one day

Old 12-12-2011, 11:09 AM
amancuso
5th Gear
Welcome to the forum... Bought my Mini on Saturday, picking it up today.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:20 AM
Weare138
2nd Gear
Well I'm back. Went back to Prestige Mini and spoke to Erin who helped me last november. Ordered a white countryman-s with some nice pkgs and 18s. Should be here in sept. woohoo! One question. Can you order just a JCW front lip/bumper? Anyone know how much it is and how much it would be to install?

Old 06-28-2012, 08:39 AM
4RETECH
2nd Gear
Congrats on the purchase

Old 07-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Weare138
2nd Gear
Checked this morning and said production was complete and now is waiting shipment to the US. As for aftermarket mods. I'd be looking at coil overs or lowered springs. Definatly an exhaust and maybe intake. For exhaust when I asked the service dept about it, the guy said voids warranty. So I take it only the JCW full exhaust would fly. I guess I could get a VIP full exhaust and switch it out with the stock should anything to wrong.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:00 AM
RobMuntean
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Checked this morning and said production was complete and now is waiting shipment to the US. As for aftermarket mods. I'd be looking at coil overs or lowered springs. Definatly an exhaust and maybe intake. For exhaust when I asked the service dept about it, the guy said voids warranty. So I take it only the JCW full exhaust would fly. I guess I could get a VIP full exhaust and switch it out with the stock should anything to wrong.

That's complete BS. My SA here in Michigan told me it's fine but if something goes wrong obviously it is my fault. But I don't think that should be an issue, unless you are also replacing the downpipe with another. I am not going that route but I am getting the magnaflow custom exhaust. Also I had my resonator taken off my stock exhaust and they told me not too but I still have my warranty and they never said a word. But you should probably go coilovers if you are going to put the car on the track. I am thinking that very strongly but I might also consider H&R lowering springs.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:14 AM
Weare138
2nd Gear
Thanks. I'm not touching the downpipe at all. Yeah I could see if you do that. This is going to be my daily driver so super stiff coil over might be out. I understand it's a new model but it's been out for a year and a half now no? Should be more aftermarket parts.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:06 PM
Weare138
2nd Gear
So I contacted my MA and asked if I gave some parts could you order them and have them put on before I take delivery, JCW aero spoiler, JCW Trim Pkg, and JCW exhaust. She writes back, aero lip is avail as a whole pkg, the Trim pkg is 309 with 1hr labor, and exhaust is not available yet(that'd be 2hrs labor cost)? So I sent her PNs using ECS and Sewell's websites. Trim Pkg ill do my self and save $123 for labor costs.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:09 AM
Weare138
2nd Gear
Well, I checked the OL this morning and the status went from distro center to at the dealer. So I guess I should be hearing from my MA some time today.