1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In agony waiting for my Countryman

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 02:11 AM
Girl from Oz
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In agony waiting for my Countryman

Hello friends! I'm extremely excited to announce that I have ordered a 2012 Mini Countryman!!! The wait is going to be a long one and it's going to kill me. Thank goodness for this forum. I have discovered many interesting things and advice about the Countryman and it's keeping me sane. So my "True Blue" Mini begins production of the 15th of January 2012 and will be ready for delivery on the 30th of March. I have been back to the dealer 3 times to change the order since I first signed the contract. I have added clear indicator lenses, visual boost and colour line in Polar Beige. I'm also having spotlights on the vehicle which is costing a small fortune and I really can't justify the cost but I feel the car looks better with them. The only thing that I wasn't too keen on is there is nowhere in the car to put your iPhone if you use the y cable. I have read many articles about this problem and I really like the idea of using the iPhone tray that comes with the iPhone box. What a great idea! Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully the time will go by so quickly that I'll be posting a pic of my baby before I know it.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:15 AM
jonallan
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Girl from Oz
Hello friends! I'm extremely excited to announce that I have ordered a 2012 Mini Countryman!!! The wait is going to be a long one and it's going to kill me. Thank goodness for this forum. I have discovered many interesting things and advice about the Countryman and it's keeping me sane. So my "True Blue" Mini begins production of the 15th of January 2012 and will be ready for delivery on the 30th of March. I have been back to the dealer 3 times to change the order since I first signed the contract. I have added clear indicator lenses, visual boost and colour line in Polar Beige. I'm also having spotlights on the vehicle which is costing a small fortune and I really can't justify the cost but I feel the car looks better with them. The only thing that I wasn't too keen on is there is nowhere in the car to put your iPhone if you use the y cable. I have read many articles about this problem and I really like the idea of using the iPhone tray that comes with the iPhone box. What a great idea! Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully the time will go by so quickly that I'll be posting a pic of my baby before I know it.
Welcome! New Countryman owner here too.

As for the iPhone location, I've been putting it into the sunglass holder (mounted under the arm rest), but probably will end up just buying a dock extender and use the net pocket on the passenger side. Using just the Y cable leads to a lot of 'flex' on the connector (the end that you plug into the car), so I figure with more length, I could either tuck the Y cable into the rail or velcro it in place and prevent unnecessary stress on the cable.

In my previous vehicle, I used the solution from Brodit/ProClip. Still would need a dock extender, but it's another option.