1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My baby in inventory?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 09:22 PM
RQGUE7
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My baby in inventory?!

So it's been a long wait from mid October for my Mini Hardtop to arrive at the dealer. I found out Thursday it arrived at dealer, and I'm waiting on my MA to contact me tomorrow to see when I can pick it up (he didn't reply to emails and calls this weekend ).

I was checking the dealer's website...and it is saying my car is for sale in their online inventory? Is this normal? Should I be freaking out my baby is in inventory?

Old 12-11-2011, 09:27 PM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
I think its normal. I noticed that mine showed up in their inventory as well.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:31 PM
NJ Mini
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
They often do that, happened with me as well with dealer. Easy way for them to hopefully find someone interested in a car like yours and so they will come in to see if its there...when it's not, then there's a new order to be had.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:28 PM
Johnwes12
2nd Gear
They wouldn't allow anyone to test drive your/my car while there would they??

Old 12-11-2011, 11:57 PM
RQGUE7
Neutral
Originally Posted by SCMountaineer
I think its normal. I noticed that mine showed up in their inventory as well.
I hope you are right. There are no true pictures of it, just a computer config with the wrong roof color and stripes aren't right. Just the price (before I negotiated) and the exact VIN.

Originally Posted by Johnwes12
They wouldn't allow anyone to test drive your/my car while there would they??
I'm hoping they wouldn't! I'd die if someone else got to touch it first. The deposit should be enough for them to tell people to look but not touch.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:38 AM
b13mini
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RQGUE7, it is normal for the MINI to show up in their inventory, my first one did! And I don't think they would allow anyone to drive an ordered car, there are many others on the lot from their own inventory to drive.

As far as not hearing from your MA, don't stress, maybe he or she took the weekend off! Some people have vacations or days off no matter when your MINI shows up.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:44 AM
SCMountaineer
4th Gear
RQGUE7, same thing with mine, just a computer config picture. I dont know if its standard practice, but it seems like my dealer slaps an instant "sold" sticker on ordered cars when they come off the truck and those are never out on the lot where people can paw over them.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:22 AM
RQGUE7
Neutral
Originally Posted by b13mini
RQGUE7, it is normal for the MINI to show up in their inventory, my first one did! And I don't think they would allow anyone to drive an ordered car, there are many others on the lot from their own inventory to drive.

As far as not hearing from your MA, don't stress, maybe he or she took the weekend off! Some people have vacations or days off no matter when your MINI shows up.
It's hard not to be impatient haha. I myself am antsy so I can take a day off to drive a few hours to get the car. It will be an early holiday.

Originally Posted by SCMountaineer
RQGUE7, same thing with mine, just a computer config picture. I dont know if its standard practice, but it seems like my dealer slaps an instant "sold" sticker on ordered cars when they come off the truck and those are never out on the lot where people can paw over them.
I used TrueCar.com to find this dealer, so I have just talked to them via phone and email. I'm assuming you're right about the sold sticker on the cars, if it is a Mini dealer I'm sure they all have the same practices.

Thanks everyone for helping me stop flipping out . Excited to post pictures of my first Mini this week