1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Memeber/Mini Owner Here

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 03:43 PM
darthminiwatson
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Memeber/Mini Owner Here

Hi everyone, my name is Adam and i have been a long time mini fan, forum creeper (lol) and 7 months ago purchased my first mini cooper s. I must say this is the best car i have ever owned....ever....lol but anyways thought i would throw this up there maybe give a story about my mini who named Watson.

I was in contact with the Allentown mini dealer for about a week. Asking questions regarding a used 2007 green mini cooper S they had in stock. Anyways after talking with the dealer i was getting a great deal on a 2011 White Mini Cooper S white with black strips and black mirrors. Really sharp....so i was going to get it that saturday and then friday night at 6:30pm the dealer sent me an email....and it was Watson...a solid black 2011 mini cooper S with black rims...the car was....just beautiful...i freaked out! i called the dealer that second begging them to hold it for me, telling them i would be the first one down there. I go there 15 minutes before the dealer opened up and waited....walked around and looked at all the mini's they had in stock. The doors opened i ran in found the sales man and before i could even ask they already had Watson in the back cleaning him up :D! They didnt even have all the paper work for the car yet because they just got it in friday afternoon....lol. I bought the car that day and havent looked back...the test drive the salesman was holding onto the seat because i was taking corners WAY to fast out of pure excitment....

I have never loved a car so much in my life....im glad i could be part of the family of mini owners Now all i need to figure out some after market stuff to add.....so far i ordered a Euro style plate, rally lights and im going to get the windows tinted...any other suggestions?! :D

Old 12-12-2011, 05:19 PM
mrluckypa
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Take a look at minimania.com they have some interesting items.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:44 PM
wingding
2nd Gear
Welcome, sounds like a beautiful car Pics?? I became overwhelmed with the amount of accessories you can get...It is fun looking though....

Old 12-12-2011, 06:28 PM
amancuso
5th Gear
Welcome. I'm new here too

Old 12-12-2011, 06:35 PM
darthminiwatson
1st Gear
Originally Posted by wingding
Welcome, sounds like a beautiful car Pics?? I became overwhelmed with the amount of accessories you can get...It is fun looking though....

I will be posting pictures of it when i can get home and figure it out. currently im at work and cant really get access to my pictures lol. I have pics in my gallery until i can actually get them up

Old 12-12-2011, 06:48 PM
mini coop
6th Gear
Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
We welcome all new members. Enjoy the ride!

Old 12-13-2011, 05:12 AM
RSchleder
3rd Gear
Unlike the guy that started a thread--"what makes the mini so great?" THIS GUY GETS IT. No one had to explain to him why these cars are so great, he has an emotional connection to his mini just like the rest of us! Congrats, I KNOW you will luv your new S!!!

Old 12-13-2011, 06:06 AM
SpicyMaguro
4th Gear
Originally Posted by RSchleder
Unlike the guy that started a thread--"what makes the mini so great?" THIS GUY GETS IT. No one had to explain to him why these cars are so great, he has an emotional connection to his mini just like the rest of us! Congrats, I KNOW you will luv your new S!!!
I hear ya! I never had an emotional attachment to any inanimate object (and not too many animate objects for that matter either ). But this is different. I loooove our spicy spice orange S. When I was configuring MINIs on the miniusa.com site it didn't take long for both me and my wife to say: "yep, that's the one!"

I've also never named things before. I've had 4 motorcycles over the past 15 years and never had as much an attachment as I do for this beauty. But, viva la difference! Everyone's different. To some, a car is just a car. To others, well, 'nuff sed.

Can't wait for the weekend. Supposed to be near 50 degrees here in the Boston area. Will certainly put the top down!