1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying a mini this week

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 11:40 AM
joemeeth
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying a mini this week

Happened upon this site. have new mini buyer jitters. Looking to buy a countryman S to replace my noisy bucket of bolts Honda Fit. Wondering if there are mechanical issues I should look for? Always wonder if I am getting a good buy....was told 750 off msrp was the best they could do. Having fun choosing the stuff! Thanks

Old 01-21-2012, 12:52 PM
grgramps
4th Gear
Been There, Done That

Joe, If you let what you read here scare you away, then you'll find another site that demonstrates the faults with the next brand you consider. Realize that there are approx 250,000 MINIs on the road and the number of owners who are having problems represents a tiny percentage of the total. If you are considering a new car, the warranty will cover most anything that could be amiss.

Those who have problems and those who can't decide what color stripes to put on their bonnet congregate here for advice. The question of the buying price of the MINI seems to be a popular subject too. It seems that none of us want to pay more than we have to. I hope you can decide on the color you want, and of course if you can't decide, there will be someone to tell you what color you should buy.

Any specifics that trouble you? Let us hear what they are. Only a fool would buy a new car without giving it serious thought.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:10 PM
joemeeth
1st Gear
Thanks for your advise. Not sure why I am worried had a SAAB for many years that had everything wrong with and still loved it to death. Will let you know the outcome. Going to the ealer Tuesday to negotiate. Thanks Joe

Old 01-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Eddie07S
OVERDRIVE
Received 1,204 Likes on 937 Posts
Welcome to the Madness known as Minis.

There is a whole forum on here all about Countryman
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ountryman-354/

But just remember what GrGramps said and you will be fine. Many people buy Minis and have no problems (there is a whole thread about high mileage Minis). Have fun picking a color, stripes, interiour and all the little things that will make it yours. Then just have fun with it.

Old 01-21-2012, 07:34 PM
cloud10
4th Gear
Originally Posted by joemeeth
Happened upon this site. have new mini buyer jitters. Looking to buy a countryman S to replace my noisy bucket of bolts Honda Fit. Wondering if there are mechanical issues I should look for? Always wonder if I am getting a good buy....was told 750 off msrp was the best they could do. Having fun choosing the stuff! Thanks
If you get to the point of negotiating on a MINI, get the best price and then find out if they offer a Costco discount if you are a member. BUT i wouldn't go in and ask for that until you get their best price. Also as mentioned in another forum buying at the end of the month, middle of the week may get you more off if they are hungry to make their numbers.

I'm on my third MINI and hope to always have at least two in my garage.