1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello from the granite state.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 03:54 PM
greenr56
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello from the granite state.

Well i ended up with a 08 cooper s with 142k, that a good friend ordered back in 07. 6 speed, lsd, cold weather package, brit green, with matched roof, no sunroofs or any other options. he ordered his 2012 jcw coupe and told me what they offered him for trade in, (less than a trip to Europe) so came up with the cash, (i have loved his car since i dropped him off to get it in peobody) i have had several mid to late 80's 325s and always wanted a cooper, and so the story goes on. i got the title today and have ordered a typhoon cai, alta catback, and alta access port programmer, (can't leave well enough alone) it seems like quite the little go-cart and still pulls 36mpg on the highway. by the way he just had a timing chain, srockets, guides, and a fuel pump done totaling 2700.00. the car is very clean for being on the highway its whole life. well thanks again for all the great info everybody posts and look forward to talking soon. -Dana

Old 01-24-2012, 03:57 PM
serious breakfast
1st Gear
Hi!

Where in So NH? Nashua here. Just picked up my MCS, myself.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:04 PM
greenr56
1st Gear
your like 15 min away. i'm over in Wilton next to Milford! have you driven yours in the snow? all i have is worn out summer tires on mine so i'm currently looking for another set of 16's for the wheels, something great for summertime as i also have an older pickup to drive in the winter.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:41 PM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Over in hudson.
A second set of rims and snowtires make a mini a blast in the snow...
Typical uhp all-seasons tend to be just barely ok in snow...but with the mini's performance, anything lower than a summer or uhp is a tough compermise!! Welcome!!

Old 01-24-2012, 04:45 PM
serious breakfast
1st Gear
Hey, I know Wilton! I lived in Brookline for awhile and used to love driving 101 between Milford and P'borough for some ridiculous reason. I haven't had the car in the snow yet but I did drive my bf's '06 in the snow the other day. With studded snows and DSC active, it handled like it was on rails. I didn't realize how fast I was going on the curve on rte 3 near exit 4, same with exit 8, and if you know Nashua you know how treacherous those curves can be in the winter-- but even in snowy icy gross crap the car really stuck to the road.

Zippy-- who do you take your car to?

Old 01-24-2012, 04:54 PM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Anything i don't diy, i take my car to Greasysgarage in worchester....about an hours drive...but well worth it. Great mini centric shop. Tons of knowledge, and knows gen1 cars backwards and forwards....pete the owner of the shop had one till it got wrecked. He also does mod installs...
Much cheaper than a dealer for most anything!"

Old 01-25-2012, 05:07 AM
greenr56
1st Gear
well, great to hear! i do have a question, how do i search on this site? if i wanted to search for, gen 2 programmers, or alta access port? sorry to sound like an idiot. thanks again!

Old 01-25-2012, 05:44 AM
drsimmons
6th Gear
^^^^Use the 'search this thread' button up in the right corner or go to the forums and go into 2nd gen (mods).

Old 01-25-2012, 07:25 AM
S&CLC
3rd Gear
welcome greenr56 and congratulations!
i have set of 16s for sale here on NAM's marketplace.
PM me if you are interested.
take care and enjoy the mini.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:33 PM
greenr56
1st Gear
thanks drsimmons, and s&clc i will take a look at those, and let you know. before i post i should search very hard before i ask any questions? and does being in a club have any benefits? thanks again, Dana

Old 01-25-2012, 02:51 PM
drsimmons
6th Gear
Originally Posted by greenr56
thanks drsimmons, and s&clc i will take a look at those, and let you know. before i post i should search very hard before i ask any questions? and does being in a club have any benefits? thanks again, Dana
Outside of chatting with some great folks, no real benefits unless you want to count a world of knowledge. Any problems you have with your car, post it and someone will respond. You'll get many responses. Normally, all good. At times there are discounts from some of the vendors listed and occasional group buys on items.
If you want to know where or what to get for your Mini, this is the place to get the answers.
Check out local Mini Clubs as well, these are alot of fun.
Enjoy it and happy motoring.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:51 PM
greenr56
1st Gear
great to know! i would be great to do some springtime cruises with a few more mini's, stock or all done up, thanks for all the info drsimmons!