1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Me '03

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 07:00 PM
steveR53
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to Me '03

Hi guys.

Just a new to me 2003.

Vehicle Specs:
2003 "S" EB/EB
Sun roof
Six Speed
JCW dealer kit, #S609
PLus all the regular stuff.

Having a blast driving this rocket. Fuel mileage isn't what it's supposed to be, hm.....maybe stay off the skinny pedal.....nah, too much fun for now.

I've loved Mini's for many years. My family had an original when we lived in England. We moved from there in 81. I will have an original before leaving this earth, but this one will help for now.

This place has a lot of great info. Look forward to scouring for input and ideas for years to come.

Steve.

Last edited by steveR53; 01-30-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:01 PM
Eggburp
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats and welcome aboard.
Good choice on a "03.
You'll have years of modding fun ahead!

Old 01-31-2012, 10:22 AM
SpicyMaguro
4th Gear
Got any pictures to share?

Old 01-31-2012, 11:03 AM
steveR53
Neutral
Pictures will be coming as soon as Lola gets a bath.

Starnge thing is that. The way our culture takes to naming cars. I have always believed that cars earn their name. Hench, Lola.

Enter Lola:
I had been bugging my to let me go and look at the Cooper, as I had seen the fotos posted by the used car lot and was intrigued. I needed a commuter car with decent mileage, as I drive 74 miles one way to work. Also I required something that was fun to drive since I spend three hours a day in the car. Enter the Cooper. Now it may seem that "what!, You needed your wife's permission to go see the car?" However, usually when I get to the point of no longer cyber drooling and wanting to see it in person, the deal follows closely there after. So long story.....er well.....anyway, I came home from work the other day and what should be waiting, neatly tucked away in the garage as I come home? The new-to-me Cooper S.

Now, I like cars, but also like to accessorize them and make them mine. While searching the web for aftermarket stuff, and OMG how much there is to drool over,we hear a TV commercial for Pepsi playing. Its the new one with a sultry female actress, apparently named Lola, as the song playing in the background is "What ever Lola wants, Lola gets". We start singing alond laughing as the car has just been named.

Sorry for the long winded post, but I see many people name their Mini's but not too many explain the name.

Steve

Old 01-31-2012, 04:18 PM
steveR53
Neutral
As requested.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:22 PM
steveR53
Neutral
I must say that until I bought this one, I really didn't know about the Electric Blue. The more I look at this and all the others in the EB post, the more I love this color.

Just can't get enough.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:17 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 768 Likes on 626 Posts
Welcome, looks very clean

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more

Old 02-01-2012, 08:19 PM
MINI Kapone
2nd Gear
Looks great!!! Personal opinion, new rims and a carbon fiber hood scoop and gas cap would set that off!!!!