1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I ordered my mini today.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 03:20 AM
prmadonna1
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered my mini today.....

I did it, finally pulled the trigger and ordered her. Tough decision only because I was trading in my Jeep Wrangler. which I luv but became expensive and a bit of a pain to get her topless! Anyway, I ordered a 2012 Cooper S covertable in eclipse grey.

Going to be a long few weeks. By the way......why does no one I know understand this decision? did anyone get some flack from their friends?

Old 03-21-2012, 04:46 AM
yetti96
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I went from a 4wd F-150 on 35s to a MINI and still catch crap from friends. Just take them for a ride and see how their tune changes. My biggest "hater" if you will of friends now thinks I am trying to kill him every time I take him for a ride.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:53 AM
ljmattox
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by prmadonna1
I did it, finally pulled the trigger and ordered her. Tough decision only because I was trading in my Jeep Wrangler. which I luv but became expensive and a bit of a pain to get her topless! Anyway, I ordered a 2012 Cooper S covertable in eclipse grey.

Going to be a long few weeks. By the way......why does no one I know understand this decision? did anyone get some flack from their friends?

Not too much flack; I'm pretty well known as lover of any/all autos, so they sorta expect coloring outside the lines from me.

Two most common comments:

a. "MINI? Those are sorta expensive for what you get, right?" A: they can be, it's all about restraint on the options list. Or not...you only live once :-)

b. (Upon showing an image of my MCS that I downloaded from the MINIUSA configurator site) "Like that? With that checkerboard top? How old *are* you?" A: Old enough, I guess, still a kid at heart.

Motor on!

Last edited by ljmattox; 03-21-2012 at 05:54 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 03-21-2012, 05:59 AM
mdsbrain
OVERDRIVE
Its your car and you have to live with it EVERYDAY. When it arrives as other said take your friends for a spin. You both will have a smile from ear to ear.

Last edited by mdsbrain; 03-22-2012 at 06:31 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-22-2012, 12:37 AM
Uncl3
5th Gear
Congrats!

Old 03-22-2012, 01:17 PM
CaMINIGirl
1st Gear
Congrats and welcome! I'm currently waiting for my new CM. Not too much flack... actually, people have been saying that the MINI is so "me" (I'll take that as a compliment-small, cute & quirky). My husband keeps teasing me about how small it is and he's not too keen on the color I chose. I give him a couple of weeks after arrival before he's begging me to let him get behind the wheel.

Old 03-22-2012, 01:23 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by CaMINIGirl
Congrats and welcome! I'm currently waiting for my new CM. Not too much flack... actually, people have been saying that the MINI is so "me" (I'll take that as a compliment-small, cute & quirky). My husband keeps teasing me about how small it is and he's not too keen on the color I chose. I give him a couple of weeks after arrival before he's begging me to let him get behind the wheel.
CaMINIGirl, got same response from most people who really know me, "Oh, it's sooo you!" Get flack from people who really know NOTHING about the Mini, and are basically ignorant, I pay know mind.."whateva"

Congrats on your new CM!! You are going to LOVE it!!

Old 03-22-2012, 07:01 PM
ewootten
Neutral
just traded my well loved, but expensive wrangler for a mini, which is also well loved. i fully understand.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:25 PM
gawannamini
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I sold my BMW 2000 323 convertible and ordered a new '09 MCS convertible my wife could not believe it! Friends also thought I'd lost it. Now, just shy of 3 years ownership the MINI is THE most fun car I have ever owned. Wife likes and some friends are now MINI owners

I have the heated seats (a must for me) and I bought a new wind deflector online from a dealer for about $350. These make a huge difference - I am comfortable down to the upper 40's with the top down.

Another advantage of the convertible is you can hear that nice purr of the exhaust with the top down.

Enjoy your MINI. No one that has driven it questions why I bought it!