1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

-03 MCS CR/B, First post (Los Angeles)

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012 | 03:44 AM
Mini Love
|
1st Gear
-03 MCS CR/B, First post (Los Angeles)

Hi there all NAM members!

Just recently purchased an 2003 Mini Cooper S, Chili Red and wanted to formally introduce myself here.

Right now the mini is almost stock other then it just have an Aero Kit installed in matching Chili Red color.

But don't worry! I have already ordered M7 CAI, Madness V2 Cat back exhaust, Schrick camshaft, RMW head, Madness 15% SC pulley and ofc RMW Tune...

And in the near future coilovers and wheels will also be upgraded...

Now to the important things, my Mini is currently not running and I've brought the car to carshops around and they say that I need a new engine. They don't specify what parts of the engine but as I understand it it should be the head? Is there anyone out there that could maybe help me diagnose what's wrong with my engine and I would also gladly get recommendations where I should get the head installed? Any place in San Gabriel Valley is appreciated.

Secondly, anyone out there that have installed a SC pulley or exhaust before that wants to help me out with the installation? Compensation is of course offered

And onto the not so important things...

I'm a newly immigrated Swedish guy in my early twenties with asian roots that is located in San Gabriel Valley, east of LA. I am right now both a fulltime student and fulltime worker so I am quite busy 24/7. On the other hand I'm outgoing and friendly so don't be afraid to hit me up if you want to cruise or just want to say hi

Looking forward to get to know you guys more and see you on the roads!
-Love

Ps. Yes, Love is my actual real name

Old 03-25-2012 | 05:52 AM
gestero
2nd Gear
Did you by the car with the engine not working? The repair / replacement will be most likely a very expensive repair. It sounds like you have plenty of money to spend, good luck with your Mini enjoy!