1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Rejeme
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi NAM. I'm a new member that has been lurking here gathering info. I placed my order for a Mini Coupe S a little over a week ago. I'm coming from a 2011 Mustang 5.0. It's been a great car, but I'm ready for the change. I've always liked the look of the Minis, but when I saw my first Coupe commercial, I was hooked. Then, the wife and I saw one for the first time on the road. She was actually the first to point it out. "Hey, that's a cool little car". She is also not a fan of manual cars, and since the Mustang is, she can't enjoy it. I would have gone JCW, but needed and wanted an auto, so the "S" will do. Thank you all for the valuable info on the site.
Also, any one know if the JCW dealer installed engine upgrade is available for the '12's. I take it I place an order with my dealer when I get my car. Do they stock those or is it a special order item?

Old 05-20-2012, 06:34 AM
Gizmo
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just as a side note...in the 2013 production years for MINI (coming very soon) they will have automatic JCWs. More information here - http://www.motoringfile.com/2012/05/...013-jcw-minis/

You could get some parts for your 2012 but it really don't be the same. The engine is different, transmission, etc. I would suggest looking into the 2013s if you really want a JCW.

Another option is to go aftermarket which is the best bang for your buck, but that usually ends up in a voided warranty (but not always, depends on what you do to the car).

Old 05-20-2012, 07:17 AM
Rejeme
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An auto JCW would be perfect, but I tried to stay around 30k when I optioned this Mini. Adding the cost of the auto on to the JCW would take it close to 40k easily. I defiantly want to do what I can to hold onto my warranty until I find out how reliable this cars going to be. I was always reading stories of Ford denying warranties because of mods to the Mustangs. I dont want to be in that situation with a car where parts and labor seem more expensive

Old 05-20-2012, 10:04 AM
Gizmo
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unless used, you will never get a JCW for $30K.

Your best bet would be to talk to someone at your dealership, many are fairly liberal when it comes to mods but it is always smart to ask before you change something so if something does break they can't blame it on the mod you did.

I would suggest driving the car for some time before doing any mods. Because many people have S MINIs and they are just fine for them.