1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New - Just pulled the trigger.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 04:49 PM
DChase
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New - Just pulled the trigger.

Hello,

I just pulled the trigger on a new 2012 Cooper S - having to order due to the custom specs we picked, but it's going to be worth the wait, for sure!

Probably not going to need to do any modifications to the look at all, considering it is pretty much perfect the way it is, but definitely going to be swapping parts immediately after delivery for performance.

Here's what we ordered - here's to waiting 6-8 weeks!

Old 05-22-2012, 05:16 PM
SpeedRacer0212
4th Gear
Since you have the bonnet stripes that are white, I would change some aesthetics of the car most definitely. Either pay to have all the chrome vinyl-ed with white vinyl from vinylstyles.com or aesthetic creations or red plasti-dip the chrome. I plasti-dipped my chrome, but my car is gray and I did the chrome in black. You can get red plasti-dip at sears from what I heard or amazon.com. Vinyl looks good, but can be the expensive route.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:28 PM
LittleWing
5th Gear
Beautiful!
I love the look as is.
Congratulations.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:49 PM
DChase
1st Gear
Originally Posted by SpeedRacer0212
Since you have the bonnet stripes that are white, I would change some aesthetics of the car most definitely. Either pay to have all the chrome vinyl-ed with white vinyl from vinylstyles.com or aesthetic creations or red plasti-dip the chrome. I plasti-dipped my chrome, but my car is gray and I did the chrome in black. You can get red plasti-dip at sears from what I heard or amazon.com. Vinyl looks good, but can be the expensive route.
I've got an odd fetish for a stock look, so probably going to keep it stock, minus swapping the fogs for yellow/gold fog lights and tinting the windows.

Going to snag one of those tow hook license plate holders as well, don't want to drill into the bumper!

Also - want to save the additional cash for performance mods.
Going to swap out the intake, the interior scoop, and exhaust right away - then add a strut bar immediately as well.
Will be looking at coilovers next after that and swap about the sway bars - then waiting for the flash for the 2012s to come through, or if too impatient, might take it to a tuner. Intercooler, etc will go with the flash, but overall - hoping to have all of that finished by maybe the end of the year or early next year.

Sleepers rock!