1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Call for recent ordered MINI tracking

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 10:54 AM
xiaodixi
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Call for recent ordered MINI tracking

I ordered my MINI at May 18 for my wife's birthday.

Right now the status is on production in body shop for 2 days already. (Scheduled for production since May 26) And the estimated production completion date is Jun 7, 2012. Which is a quite long time for produciton.

Anyone ordered recently and also got the simliar progress?

I've checked the WW schedule, I thought it may take Jun 6 or Jun 10 ship to NYC.

Any information would be great appreciated.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:48 PM
xiaodixi
1st Gear
Just got update saying it's just getting into the paint shop today.

Last edited by xiaodixi; 06-01-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:04 PM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
My story....

23 April - Ordered
29 April - Scheduled for Production
09 May - Born
14 May - Loaded on Ship
24 May - Baltimore VDC
29 May - Dealership
30 May - Home

Everyone's experience is different.... but when they said it was going to be born is the day it was born, and I think I got lucky to get on a ship so soon... not everybody gets on the first ship that comes to port after your MINI makes it's way from the plant to the port, which can take a full day or two.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:17 PM
xiaodixi
1st Gear
Originally Posted by fatboy97
My story....

23 April - Ordered
29 April - Scheduled for Production
09 May - Born
14 May - Loaded on Ship
24 May - Baltimore VDC
29 May - Dealership
30 May - Home

Everyone's experience is different.... but when they said it was going to be born is the day it was born, and I think I got lucky to get on a ship so soon... not everybody gets on the first ship that comes to port after your MINI makes it's way from the plant to the port, which can take a full day or two.
Thanks for your information. Looks like the automatic status checking still remains in Body shop but the representative told me it's in paint shop.
Now I feel better. Hopefully it's getting the earliest ship.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:25 PM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by xiaodixi
Thanks for your information. Looks like the automatic status checking still remains in Body shop but the representative told me it's in paint shop.
Now I feel better. Hopefully it's getting the earliest ship.
OL and the automated ASK-MINI are generally fairly close, and both not very accurate... but I'd say ASK-MINI is a little better than OL. And in most cases since I knew what ship my MINI was on I ended up knowing more about when my MINI was going to be in Baltimore, when my MA did not.... he said when I picked up my MINI the other day that I did know more than he did... but some was based on what he was able to tell me, and the Sticky thread about how to track your MINI. The build process at the plant is only a small part of the entire trip.

It's good to know what port your MINI will go into... and how many days it usually takes to get from the port to your dealership... then add a few days for it to get off the ship and the VDC at the port to clean up and load your MINI on a car carrier. I knew mine took 3 days via truck, so I guessed about a week from the time the ship hit the port to me hearing it was at the dealership.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:54 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered my MINI at May 18 for my wife's birthday.
Seems like something is wrong here, "I ordered "my" MINI at May 18 for my wife's birthday." Shouldn't you have ordered a New MINI for your Wife on your Wife's Birthday??!!

I ordered MY MINI on my 45th Birthday and my Husband got my Hand Me Down '01 Dodge Durango and he didn't even complain!!

Now he's got his 2010 Kia Soul Shadow Dragon SE#3 which is what he wanted after seeing one at the PDX Auto Show back in 2010 and he's happy now too!!

Just sayin'

Old 06-01-2012, 11:51 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
Just got update saying it's just getting into the paint shop today.
Mine was in the paint shop today too.

Last edited by NinjaTurtle; 06-01-2012 at 11:52 PM. Reason: can't type!
Old 06-03-2012, 05:03 PM
xiaodixi
1st Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Seems like something is wrong here, "I ordered "my" MINI at May 18 for my wife's birthday." Shouldn't you have ordered a New MINI for your Wife on your Wife's Birthday??!!

I ordered MY MINI on my 45th Birthday and my Husband got my Hand Me Down '01 Dodge Durango and he didn't even complain!!

Now he's got his 2010 Kia Soul Shadow Dragon SE#3 which is what he wanted after seeing one at the PDX Auto Show back in 2010 and he's happy now too!!

Just sayin'
Haha, you right. it should be her MINI. I also love it

Old 06-03-2012, 05:11 PM
xiaodixi
1st Gear
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtle
I saw the process of your MINI. I guess you got all those information from the automatic voice system.

It also said the estimated completion date is 6/7 and was in body shop right now. However when I talked to the person through that number, he told me the MINI is already entered the paint shop.

According to some people discussed here, usually paint shop should be completed within one day which means today it should be "her" MINI's birthday.
Unfortunately, it's out of the working hour at weekend and voice system still tells me it's in paint shop.

I would think just talk to the Representative there instead of voice system which should give you the exact birthday of your MINI.

BTW, where is your import port? If you are in the east coast. I'm thinking we may get the same ship which most likely the ASIAN King scheduled leave UK at 6/10

Old 06-05-2012, 07:45 AM
xiaodixi
1st Gear
Checked everyday with MINI, now they're not working at weekend any more.
My Mini has been in the paint shop for already 5 days....

Old 06-05-2012, 12:43 PM
xiaodixi
1st Gear
Now i know why it's getting so long in the paint shop...
6/4, 6/5 is UK public holidays... i'm pretty sure they don't work at those days...
Hopefully it could catch the ship at 6/10...

Old 06-05-2012, 01:15 PM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Now i know why it's getting so long in the paint shop...
6/4, 6/5 is UK public holidays... i'm pretty sure they don't work at those days...
Hopefully it could catch the ship at 6/10...
They do plan for their holidays... what did ASK-MINI say when you asked for the scheduled birthday, or born?

Old 06-05-2012, 01:22 PM
xiaodixi
1st Gear
They do plan for their holidays... what did ASK-MINI say when you asked for the scheduled birthday, or born?
The auto system told me that the estimated completion date is 6/7 and rep had no idea at all...

I got the update of paint shop from both auto/rep on ASK-MINI at 6/1
I called them yesterday and today... same answer.. Now i'm wondering if I could catch the ship at 6/10, otherwise i have to wait until the next ship coming at 6/24....which is 14 days later...

Last edited by xiaodixi; 06-05-2012 at 01:24 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Subzero
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OL and the automated ASK-MINI are generally fairly close, and both not very accurate... but I'd say ASK-MINI is a little better than OL.
This is completely true, I agree. The owners lounge is almost not worth using since it is usually days behind, if that.

I always had decent luck with the 1-800 number, but the OL seems more like a feel-good façade because the forums are completely dead and the order status function is, as you can see, no more accurate than a weather forecast.

Heck, the OL still shows my car as sitting at the VDC in Charleston, and I've been driving it since August 2011!

Old 06-05-2012, 01:37 PM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
The auto system told me that the estimated completion date is 6/7 and rep had no idea at all...

I got the update of paint shop from both auto/rep on ASK-MINI at 6/1
I called them yesterday and today... same answer.. Now i'm wondering if I could catch the ship at 6/10, otherwise i have to wait until the next ship coming at 6/24....which is 14 days later...
Right after paint is assembly, which usually only takes a day... don't worry it's probably on schedule, but if they say it will be done on 6/7 it might still take at least a day to get to the pier and then it can be scheduled for a ship... but don't bet on it making a 6/10 ship. Most spend at least a week on the pier before they load a ship... at least that was what I've seen recently.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:42 AM
xiaodixi
1st Gear
NinjaTurtle, I got the information today that my mini is completed build and waiting to release to the carrier.

How about you? My import port is NYC. The next ship will be departure at 6/10. I think I can not catch that one because every story i heard here is at least 3-4 days to be loaded onto the ship...

The next ship is scheduled at 6/24... 2 weeks later...

Old 06-07-2012, 11:29 AM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
NinjaTurtle, I got the information today that my mini is completed build and waiting to release to the carrier.

How about you? My import port is NYC. The next ship will be departure at 6/10. I think I can not catch that one because every story i heard here is at least 3-4 days to be loaded onto the ship...

The next ship is scheduled at 6/24... 2 weeks later...
Same here...system says it was is completed and waiting to be released. Unfortunately, I'm going to have a much longer wait than you. My car is unloading in Port Hueneme...so I hope it gets onto a ship ASAP!

Old 06-07-2012, 11:34 AM
xiaodixi
1st Gear
Same here...system says it was is completed and waiting to be released. Unfortunately, I'm going to have a much longer wait than you. My car is unloading in Port Hueneme...so I hope it gets onto a ship ASAP!
Well, that means you are not going with WW which is good because for me, if i can't catch the ship at 6/10 then 2 weeks waiting for nothing....

Old 06-07-2012, 12:07 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
Actually, I am with WW and in an even more dire situation than you. The next ship leaves tomorrow 6/8. After that it's 6/23. I'm not real hopeful that it's going to make it on that first one.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:18 PM
xiaodixi
1st Gear
Actually, I am with WW and in an even more dire situation than you. The next ship leaves tomorrow 6/8. After that it's 6/23. I'm not real hopeful that it's going to make it on that first one.
hmmmmm. that's a bit tight. but sometimes it happens
i'll keep you update what's the ship I could go. Let's c

Old 06-20-2012, 11:37 AM
xiaodixi
1st Gear
Got some update:

My mini got the earliest ship ASIAN KING at June 10 and arrived at New York at June 19.

Now it's in VPC for final check. It's lucky that it only sat on the dock for 2 days for shipping.

Let's see if I could get it by Saturday since I'm 100 miles away from the port.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:25 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
Got some update:

My mini got the earliest ship ASIAN KING at June 10 and arrived at New York at June 19.

Now it's in VPC for final check. It's lucky that it only sat on the dock for 2 days for shipping.

Let's see if I could get it by Saturday since I'm 100 miles away from the port.
That's great news!

Unfortunately, mine missed the first ship out after it was completed, but luckily caught another 2 days later. But I'm still looking at another 2-3 weeks!

Right about now I wish I still lived in N.Y.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:50 PM
xiaodixi
1st Gear
That's great news!

Unfortunately, mine missed the first ship out after it was completed, but luckily caught another 2 days later. But I'm still looking at another 2-3 weeks!

Right about now I wish I still lived in N.Y.
Not bad. as long as you still can track it. Usually I use http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/ for tracking. Much better than sailwx.

Once it arrives at the port, nothing you could track any more... I just cross my finger..

Old 06-20-2012, 02:24 PM
NinjaTurtle
3rd Gear
I've been checking both, but it hasn't been on the radar since the day it left Southampton. Another site I've checked is http://www.portarrivals.com It's kinda hit or miss depending on the ship or port. Like, the last entry for the Tombarra, which is the ship I missed, was when it docked at Southampton on 6/7. Whereas the the Vega_Leader doesn't show being in Southampton, but shows it should be at the Panama Canal on 6/23.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:28 PM
xiaodixi
1st Gear
I've been checking both, but it hasn't been on the radar since the day it left Southampton. Another site I've checked is http://www.portarrivals.com It's kinda hit or miss depending on the ship or port. Like, the last entry for the Tombarra, which is the ship I missed, was when it docked at Southampton on 6/7. Whereas the the Vega_Leader doesn't show being in Southampton, but shows it should be at the Panama Canal on 6/23.
Yes. same here. at the first few days when the ship left Southampton, the tools stopped updating. However you could see the estimated arrival date from marinetraffic website. (search the vessel name and find it at the lower left )

When it's hitting the port at Canada, it started updating. seems like the ship didn't report the position in the middle of Atlantic ocean.

Quick Reply: Call for recent ordered MINI tracking