1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soon 2 b new Mini owner & New member from Tampa !

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 08:35 PM
Motormax
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soon 2 b new Mini owner & New member from Tampa !

Hi, I'm Max and I have admired Mini's for a long time. I was into Japan imports for most of my life. I (and my little girl) have made it through a really tough time in my life and I wanted to celebrate by getting a new car (Have not had one of my own for three years) So out of habit I immediately started looking at the Import and tuning Mags... First stop Honda they have a new gen Civic Si out.... Yes the technology package they offer is pretty cool, tuning potential is there but the car is so Blah so Boring ! The availability is so limited that I couldn't even test drive one. And well... I just wasn't feeling it. When I went to look the salesman said I was to old for a sports car and tried to talk me in to a hybrid ! Jesus ! So checked out Mazda the speed3 was fast sure but it's a sled ! Handles like a 72 Camaro (Yuk !) and there is not much customization on the speed3's which is a big factor with me. Subaru ... Nope not a big fan. Nissan only has good two seat cars. Scion ? Well those are for kids I must admit. So I was out with my daughter in the car I'm kind of renting from my friend (he fell on hard times and I'm making his car payments) just thinking I don't really know what to do. My little girl was in the back seat bopping to the radio( she knows we are looking for our own car and is very excited.) Then I hear a shriek "Daddy Daddy ! Whats that car I love it !!" I look over and there was a Mini Copper Hard Top. Oh that it's a Mini Coopers they are cool.. "Are they fast poppa ?" Well yes my friend Lance had one and he always said it was the fastest car he ever owned (He drove a Lotus when he said that to me by the way) "Why don't you look at those huh Daddy ?" I thought why not ? I have always admired them. So I did look and They had EVERYTHING I was looking for ! Turbo, Handling (The test drive was GREAT!), a technology package that rivals (& beats)top luxury cars, complete total customization, compact size, (the Clubman is just right for the both of us) killer good looks and this kind of Rebel quirky quality and community that I love ! It's just so me esp at this point of my life. So here I am for advice and hopefully meet new friends ! I'm glad to be here ! lol

Old 06-04-2012, 07:31 AM
lisajt
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congratulations on deciding on a MINI. Hope you and your little one enjoy better times with your new toy.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:30 AM
Uncl3
5th Gear
Congrats!

Old 06-04-2012, 09:43 AM
Mcptpv155
1st Gear
I loved reading your story. Welcome to NAM. I hope you and your daughter have a great time picking out just the right Clubman.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:51 AM
LittleWing
5th Gear
Congratulations and welcome!
Check out Sunshine Minis.
Great group who love to motor!
http://www.sunshineminis.org/forums/index.php

Old 06-05-2012, 05:22 AM
MinMin2010
5th Gear
Originally Posted by LittleWing
Congratulations and welcome!
Check out Sunshine Minis.
Great group who love to motor!
http://www.sunshineminis.org/forums/index.php
Darn. You beat me to it. Definitley check out the SSM. You will meet some fantastic people and learn a lot of MINI info too. I belong to the Panhandle chapter up on the Gulf Coast of NW FL. Look forward to seeing the new MINI once you two pick it out.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:35 AM
Notawagonwife
2nd Gear
Part of the fun is shopping for the right Mini! Enjoy!
Also all the best to you and your little one as you move forward in life.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:45 AM
ITMVSME
3rd Gear
Welcome to NAM and Great car to choose on, hope you go through and order what you want on it from jump street and not settle for one on the lot, unless of course that is what you want. Just saying because I jumped the gun and got a good price on a used one but did not have all the options that I would have picked. But I will drive this for a little while longer then order my next one.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:13 AM
fridayxiii
5th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
Welcome aboard Max, from the St. Pete/Clearwater side of the Bay! I trust you'll find the perfect Clubby for you & your daughter, and then you gotta come out to a BAM (Bay Area MINIs of the SSM) meet up. Hell, come out even before you get the car & meet the group!

Happy hunting!

Old 06-05-2012, 08:42 AM
MrCooperS
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That's an amazing story. Thanks for sharing! Welcome to NAM and enjoy your new MINI!