1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saying hello!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 08:29 PM
roseyposey
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saying hello!

Hi all!

Just purchased my FIRST Mini Cooper S (2012) this past Saturday after waiting 7 years! She's laser blue with black roof, wheels and bonnet stripes! I've decided to name her Sammy or Sam. The entire dealership was affected by hail damage (which I was prepared for) and she was one of the better off ones. Needless to say I received a good deal and they are fixing the damage. I can't wait to pick her up and zip around town and have started planning a road trip with my best friend and her hubby in their WRX. It's awesome to finally own one and I know it'll be a fun experience! (I hope the pics uploaded ok!)

I'm on Instagram @chopstyx (Rosey Posey)!

-Rosey

Attached Thumbnails Saying hello!-photo-jun-02-12-55-59-pm.jpg   Saying hello!-photo-jun-02-1-05-23-pm.jpg  
Old 06-05-2012, 01:05 AM
Uncl3
5th Gear
Grats!

Old 06-05-2012, 05:43 AM
Notawagonwife
2nd Gear
It will be worth the wait !!! Mine was on my bucket list. I waited a long time too and after 2 months can tell you - absolutely love it. Enjoy that road trip.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:54 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I wouldn't hesitate to buy a hail damaged car, especially so if none of the hailstones damaged the paint. With PDR (paintless dent repair), the hail damage will not even be detectable.

Great buy on your part ! Congrats !

Old 06-05-2012, 07:09 AM
JoanieB
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I waited ten years for my MINI and love her so much! Congrats!! Read up on this forum, and join a club in your area. :-)

Old 06-09-2012, 08:15 AM
roseyposey
1st Gear
Thanks all! I'm pretty stoked to finally own one. My husband thought it was a bad idea to get one because they were 'death traps' but after he came with me on a test drive, he did not shut up about how awesome they were...for the next three days! Long story short... I turned him into a believer and 3 days after we purchased mind he found an '09 JCW and bought it!! HAHAHA! I love giving him grief now but will do so happily as I drive his MINI in the meantime! .

Old 06-09-2012, 08:22 AM
LittleWing
5th Gear
Welcome.

Love your story.
My husband didn't want me to buy one either.
He said I would "get tired" of it!
Silly boy.

Sam's a beauty.
Have fun.