1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No denying it. I've got Mini fever!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 09:28 PM
EzyE
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No denying it. I've got Mini fever!

I always thought Minis were cool but never thought I'd seriously be considering buying one. Well, to be more accurate, I'm not considering anymore. As far as I'm concerned I hope to have a deal done by the end of the week. After a test drive in a Clubman S my mind was made up - It's a Mini for me! Spent the next week pouring over the options. I've decided to go with the Cooper S. At first I was going to keep the options to a minimum but decided, since I plan on keeping it for quite a while, to up the ante a little. Now I'm even thinking about adding some of the JCW performance options (suspension, tune kit). To quote the Pointer Sisters "I'm so excited"!

Old 06-06-2012, 03:14 PM
chuckdiesel
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by EzyE
I always thought Minis were cool but never thought I'd seriously be considering buying one. Well, to be more accurate, I'm not considering anymore. As far as I'm concerned I hope to have a deal done by the end of the week. After a test drive in a Clubman S my mind was made up - It's a Mini for me! Spent the next week pouring over the options. I've decided to go with the Cooper S. At first I was going to keep the options to a minimum but decided, since I plan on keeping it for quite a while, to up the ante a little. Now I'm even thinking about adding some of the JCW performance options (suspension, tune kit). To quote the Pointer Sisters "I'm so excited"!
I was leaning towards a 3 series before driving my neighbor's '11 MCS. That was it: hook, line, and sinker!

That was 2.5 months ago. I ordered my MCS and just picked it up last week. I spent the weekend away and was without my car. Withdrawals to say the least.

Welcome to the club!

PS- I worked with CarsDirect.com to get mine. I see that you're in So Cal; I went to South Bay Mini (Torrance) for the delivery. PM me and I can provide you the contact at CarsDirect (if you're interested).

Old 06-06-2012, 03:51 PM
TorchMINI
4th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I remember when I finally took the plunge. I went to Detroit to 'Test Drive' one, and came home with my forever car. I'm still pleased as punch four years later.
Congratulations to you folks!

Old 06-06-2012, 04:32 PM
ACallahan
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Soon you will have full blown OCMD (obsesive compulsive Mini disorder) and there is no cure :(

Old 06-06-2012, 04:36 PM
GigglesMcMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ACallahan
Soon you will have full blown OCMD (obsesive compulsive Mini disorder) and there is no cure :(
No cure for the Permagrin disorder either....enjoy, join a Mini Club, and motor on

Old 06-06-2012, 05:36 PM
jomama
4th Gear
another socal-er here, and i started much the same way you did - always liked the mini, but never thought i'd own one either. when i finally needed a new car, i went out and test drove one for giggles. the last small(er) displacement turbo engine car i drove was the a4 1.8t. that car was a dog so i didn't think the mini's 1.6t would provide any more fun. well, after the test drive, i realized how wrong i was. i found "the" car i was looking for a week later, bought it, and haven't looked back since!

Old 06-06-2012, 09:13 PM
noreen99
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome