1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Scamp
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ooogly

If you guys ordered your mini, when do you give your MA the coupon? At the time of order?
I saved mine until we had fully configured and negotiated the price of the car then gave it to them at the very last. On my MCS I received $500 off the price from the dealer then added the $750 for the coupon for a $1,250 total discount from MSRP.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:50 AM
El Kabong
2nd Gear
Yep, checked it obsessively. I'm in socal too. I've called the dealer that I went to and they've told me twice already (on separate occasions) that they'd follow up with it. Still nothing.

Apparently they keep getting my email wrong. We'll see...

If you guys ordered your mini, when do you give your MA the coupon? At the time of order?
I did not "order" my Mini, actually. It was in production when I purchased it. The event was a week later. I went in, filled out a form, and about 2 days later, I received my certificate by email. I forwarded it to my MA and I was all set. Knowing that I was going to attend the event, she had already noted the $750 discount on the paperwork. I should pick up my car in about 2 weeks. So I received and provided my certifcate between the purchase date and the pick up date. I also scored a NOT NORMAL t-shirt.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:51 AM
ooogly
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Scamp
I saved mine until we had fully configured and negotiated the price of the car then gave it to them at the very last. On my MCS I received $500 off the price from the dealer then added the $750 for the coupon for a $1,250 total discount from MSRP.
Hmm. Good to know. I already placed my order (after we settled on a price excluding the $750).

I told him then that I hadn't received it yet and asked if I'd still able to use it after I do get it. He said yes, but I won't be reassured until I get it and it's been applied.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:46 PM
tpthrshr
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SuperGreg
Here she is in my driveway!

I have JCW envy! (But I just found out COKESTR is on the Topeka leaving Southampton on 10/25.)

Now that I've calmed down a bit from getting good new, re: COKESTR's on the Topeka, I've gone back and looked at the pics of your JCW. Nice! Very nice. I was headed in the same color combo direction that you took...until my co-pilot reminded me of one thing: I like black cars (lol). It's kind of like a "you can have any color you want, ma'am, as long as it's black!" deal. So COKESTR's all black with white sport stripes. When I added the StarBullet Wheels to it, then I got goosebumps! COKESTR's alive! I bet you had a similar experience.

Wishing you many years of motoring happiness!

Last edited by tpthrshr; 10-23-2012 at 01:41 PM. Reason: add more content
Old 10-23-2012, 12:52 PM
tpthrshr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by avenger
We'll have shipmates!
Alrighty! COKESTR is on the Topeka (WW) leaving Southampton on 10/25 and due to Port Hueneme, CA on 11/15. I hope it's got some MINI buddies to keep it company!

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-cokestr_on_topeka.jpg  
Old 10-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Denzien
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yep, checked it obsessively. I'm in socal too. I've called the dealer that I went to and they've told me twice already (on separate occasions) that they'd follow up with it. Still nothing.

Apparently they keep getting my email wrong. We'll see...

My car was already ordered. I simply forwarded the email to my MA (it has a coupon code).

Old 10-23-2012, 01:29 PM
ukpylot
2nd Gear
Exactly! I shared that to make you feel
better! All is good! You will have your car very soon my friend!
My MA isn't the worst around (based on what I read here) but I'm guessing I am going to have ask him if that was my MINI I saw this morning, I don't see him volunteering it. He hasn't once volunteered any information the whole time. Fortunately will soon be done with him

Old 10-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Aloisius
2nd Gear
The Figaro is making its way through the Panama canal! A little more than a week and it should be at Port Hueneme.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:08 PM
klsmith5
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tpthrshr
Alrighty! COKESTR is on the Topeka (WW) leaving Southampton on 10/25 and due to Port Hueneme, CA on 11/15. I hope it's got some MINI buddies to keep it company!
Did you receive a confirmation you were going to be on the Topeka? My Mini arrived at the dock today (10/23).

Old 10-23-2012, 02:19 PM
klsmith5
2nd Gear

Did you enter you vin number in the cargo space on the trace/tracking to get this confirmation?

Old 10-23-2012, 02:27 PM
klsmith5
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by CA_cath
I just entered my VIN again at Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics and got updated info! The ship isn't there yet, but the site shows my car waiting for the Topeka.

The ship isn't there yet, but the schedule has it leaving Southampton on Thursday the 25th.
My car just got to the dock...I may have to wait until the 11/6 ship. I input the vin number but it hasn't been assigned to the ship yet.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:13 PM
tpthrshr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by CA_cath
I just entered my VIN again at Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics and got updated info! The ship isn't there yet, but the site shows my car waiting for the Topeka.

The ship isn't there yet, but the schedule has it leaving Southampton on Thursday the 25th.
Hi CA_cath. You can track the ship via http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/index.html using the Topeka's call sign: MPTP3. Right now, it's still docked at Zeebrugge, Belgium. According to WW's site, looks like it will arrive AND depart Southampton on 10/25. The only other item worth noting is let's all pray hard that Tropical Storm Sandy moves out of the Carribean and Gulf of Mexico BEFORE the Topeka gets anywhere near the Panama Canal.

Last edited by tpthrshr; 10-23-2012 at 04:14 PM. Reason: not done with post
Old 10-23-2012, 04:15 PM
tpthrshr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by klsmith5
Did you enter you vin number in the cargo space on the trace/tracking to get this confirmation?
Yes, I did. My JCW was sitting on the dock since 10/15. I hope your MINI makes it on the Topeka too. If not, at least it'll be on the next ship out. Yeah, the waiting sucks, but at least we can commiserate together, eh?

Old 10-23-2012, 04:19 PM
klsmith5
2nd Gear
Yes, I did. My JCW was sitting on the dock since 10/15. I hope your MINI makes it on the Topeka too. If not, at least it'll be on the next ship out. Yeah, the waiting sucks, but at least we can commiserate together, eh?
Is this the first ship to leave since you got to dock or the second?

Old 10-23-2012, 04:24 PM
tpthrshr
2nd Gear
Is this the first ship to leave since you got to dock or the second?
Honestly cannot accurately remember, but I think there was a ship leaving the same day my MINI was transported from Production site (Oxford) to the Port of Exit (Southampton). Even if it had arrived the day prior, I don't think it would've been put on a ship that fast due to other MINIs (and other vehicles) already waiting and booked.

Hard to know whether your MINI will make it in time for the Topeka or not. I guess you'll have a complete answer either way on 10/25. I hope it does, though

Old 10-23-2012, 04:30 PM
klsmith5
2nd Gear
Honestly cannot accurately remember, but I think there was a ship leaving the same day my MINI was transported from Production site (Oxford) to the Port of Exit (Southampton). Even if it had arrived the day prior, I don't think it would've been put on a ship that fast due to other MINIs (and other vehicles) already waiting and booked.

Hard to know whether your MINI will make it in time for the Topeka or not. I guess you'll have a complete answer either way on 10/25. I hope it does, though
Thanks. The Topeka was originally scheduled to go out on the 10/24 but was delayed a day. This would allow processing time for me to be logged on to the ship. The wild card is the number of cars ahead of me. We'll see soon. Glad you made the ship!

Old 10-23-2012, 04:40 PM
Pbal4
Neutral
Hi,

This is my first post here although I have been lurking and watching as everybody anticipates their new minis. My wife and i ordered a 2013 Knightsbridge in chilli red with a white top and mirror caps. We're excited to get our new toy, it was ordered early September so we hope to see it soon. We did get the vin and tonight I checked it on the shipping companies website and was excited to see it was scheduled to leave on the turandot on the 22 which was yesterday. I was pleased to see it was enroute but as I looked closer the status says "returned to shipper" with the location as "Southampton". So, I guess either the ship was full or it was damaged. Does anybody know what this means or have seen this same report before? It looks like another ship is leaving on the 28th so I guess I will check back and see if it makes it on that ship.

Thanks,

Peter

Old 10-23-2012, 04:45 PM
klsmith5
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Pbal4
Hi,

This is my first post here although I have been lurking and watching as everybody anticipates their new minis. My wife and i ordered a 2013 Knightsbridge in chilli red with a white top and mirror caps. We're excited to get our new toy, it was ordered early September so we hope to see it soon. We did get the vin and tonight I checked it on the shipping companies website and was excited to see it was scheduled to leave on the turandot on the 22 which was yesterday. I was pleased to see it was enroute but as I looked closer the status says "returned to shipper" with the location as "Southampton". So, I guess either the ship was full or it was damaged. Does anybody know what this means or have seen this same report before? It looks like another ship is leaving on the 28th so I guess I will check back and see if it makes it on that ship.

Thanks,

Peter

I've seen this happen to another person on the forum. It appears the ship was full and a car with a higher priority was shipped.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Denzien
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've seen this happen to another person on the forum. It appears the ship was full and a car with a higher priority was shipped.
Jay Leno strikes again!

Old 10-23-2012, 04:59 PM
tpthrshr
2nd Gear
Hi,

Thanks,

Peter
If your MINI didn't make it onto the Turandot, I bet it's on the Topeka along with my COKESTR.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:21 PM
ukpylot
2nd Gear
So, I guess either the ship was full or it was damaged. Does anybody know what this means or have seen this same report before? It looks like another ship is leaving on the 28th so I guess I will check back and see if it makes it on that ship.
Yeah this happened to me, the boat was full and I didn't make it. Wasn't by much though as SuperGreg was loaded on the boat about an hour before I was returned to shipper.

My MA says they book a number of MINIs and BMWs and due to the different shapes and sizes not everyone gets on, they have no idea the exact number before they are all on.

Definitely sucks to literally miss the boat but the good news is that you should be on and off first on the next one.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:34 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear

Ask ukpylot, he just went through the same thing. His ship was full, that's it :(

Old 10-23-2012, 05:35 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear

Which JCW did you order?

Old 10-23-2012, 05:36 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ukpylot

My MA isn't the worst around (based on what I read here) but I'm guessing I am going to have ask him if that was my MINI I saw this morning, I don't see him volunteering it. He hasn't once volunteered any information the whole time. Fortunately will soon be done with him
So call and ask him

Old 10-23-2012, 05:41 PM
tpthrshr
2nd Gear
Which JCW did you order?
Are you referring to the Hardtop vs. Coupe or Roadster? If so, I ordered a '13 JCW Hardtop. See artistic version in my signature block for a fairly accurate representation.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group