1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 05:50 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome!
FYI, I picked up my 2013 JCW Hardtop yesterday. If you are like me, I was craving to hear everything there is to know about it. So to that end, if there is anything you want to know, or any pics you desire, let me know.
The car is AMAZING, you will LOVE it!

Greg

Originally Posted by tpthrshr
Are you referring to the Hardtop vs. Coupe or Roadster? If so, I ordered a '13 JCW Hardtop. See artistic version in my signature block for a fairly accurate representation.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Slowride1
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jacksongls
Attachment 66063

After 9 weeks...just picked her up. Love it love love it. Will post more photos when I get her home.
Congrats! Nice!

Old 10-23-2012, 06:05 PM
MiniZap1
1st Gear
No waiting!!!!!! just find and buy

Old 10-23-2012, 06:20 PM
tpthrshr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SuperGreg
Awesome!
FYI, I picked up my 2013 JCW Hardtop yesterday. If you are like me, I was craving to hear everything there is to know about it. So to that end, if there is anything you want to know, or any pics you desire, let me know.
The car is AMAZING, you will LOVE it!

Greg
Probably the one thing I'll check out early when I take delivery is this: at what RPM on the tach can you shift into next gear up without using the clutch? That means the tranny RPMs and motor RPMs are the same. Each car is a bit different, but if you can figure it out on your JCW, then that'd give me a starting point.

Why do this? Performance, efficiency, and just in case the clutch unexpectedly craps out. I figured this out on my 1990 Geo Storm Gsi, and got, get this: 242,000+ miles on it with the same clutch, tranny and motor. Knew exact RPM to shift at on that car. Alas, my Storm (LABEAST), also black in color, finally had 2 cylinders go south, and now you know why I'm getting a JCW!

Old 10-23-2012, 06:35 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear

Probably the one thing I'll check out early when I take delivery is this: at what RPM on the tach can you shift into next gear up without using the clutch? That means the tranny RPMs and motor RPMs are the same. Each car is a bit different, but if you can figure it out on your JCW, then that'd give me a starting point.

Why do this? Performance, efficiency, and just in case the clutch unexpectedly craps out. I figured this out on my 1990 Geo Storm Gsi, and got, get this: 242,000+ miles on it with the same clutch, tranny and motor. Knew exact RPM to shift at on that car. Alas, my Storm (LABEAST), also black in color, finally had 2 cylinders go south, and now you know why I'm getting a JCW!
Sorry, I'm not going to shift without the clutch.
Anything else?
Greg

Old 10-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Pbal4
Neutral
Originally Posted by ukpylot

Yeah this happened to me, the boat was full and I didn't make it. Wasn't by much though as SuperGreg was loaded on the boat about an hour before I was returned to shipper.

My MA says they book a number of MINIs and BMWs and due to the different shapes and sizes not everyone gets on, they have no idea the exact number before they are all on.

Definitely sucks to literally miss the boat but the good news is that you should be on and off first on the next one.
Thanks for the info, I thought that may be it but figured you guys would know . Our mini will be unloaded in Halifax so our next boat will probably be the Aida that leaves on the 28th which is not too bad. At least I know the thing is built!

Old 10-23-2012, 09:16 PM
avenger
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by CA_cath

I just entered my VIN again at Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics and got updated info! The ship isn't there yet, but the site shows my car waiting for the Topeka.

The ship isn't there yet, but the schedule has it leaving Southampton on Thursday the 25th.
Mine too,

Old 10-23-2012, 10:05 PM
Kimberlyfour
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Aloisius
The Figaro is making its way through the Panama canal! A little more than a week and it should be at Port Hueneme.
Yeah, I was really excited to see that little green triangle past the canal on the tracking map. It is so cool!

Are we the only two on here who have cars on Figaro? Anyone else out there?

Old 10-23-2012, 10:51 PM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MiniZap1
No waiting!!!!!! just find and buy
That is seriously cool. Bet it was a special order someone abandoned. Doesn't look like what you usually see on the lot. Very nice!

Old 10-24-2012, 06:58 AM
Denzien
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you attach a rare earth magnet to the drain pan to collect all the metal shavings?

Old 10-24-2012, 07:15 AM
klsmith5
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by avenger
Mine too,
Looks like I will be on the Topeka. Vin number just showed up on ww site. Eta is now 11/13.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:16 AM
inlieu
2nd Gear
I figured this out on my 1990 Geo Storm Gsi, and got, get this: 242,000+ miles on it with the same clutch, tranny and motor. Knew exact RPM to shift at on that car. Alas, my Storm (LABEAST), also black in color, finally had 2 cylinders go south, and now you know why I'm getting a JCW!
Sounds like we're in the same boat; upgrading from 20+ year old cars to JCW HTs. I'll be trading in my 1991 Honda Accord with 234k miles on it in the next day or two. I didn't hit my quarter million miles goal, but I think the upgrade will make up for that.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:49 AM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by inlieu

Sounds like we're in the same boat; upgrading from 20+ year old cars to JCW HTs. I'll be trading in my 1991 Honda Accord with 234k miles on it in the next day or two. I didn't hit my quarter million miles goal, but I think the upgrade will make up for that.
I just sold my 1999 Toyota Tacoma with 241,000 miles on it for my Mini. Would of liked to have kept it but didn't want to pay the extra insurance and registration.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:33 AM
avenger
2nd Gear
So for the Topeka we officially have the following shipmates:

avenger
CA_cath
klsmith5
tpthrshr

Old 10-24-2012, 12:09 PM
jacksongls
1st Gear
A couple of more pics of my long awaited roadster S. time to graduate from this thread...best of luck to all you waiting, it's tough but the day will come. Will post more/better photos in the R59 thread soon if anyone is interested.

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-image-570243025.jpg

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-image-4181517642.jpg

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-image-3865514045.jpg

Old 10-24-2012, 12:29 PM
CA_cath
1st Gear

avenger
CA_cath
klsmith5
tpthrshr
Can't wait 'til we're on our way!

Old 10-24-2012, 01:46 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jacksongls
A couple of more pics of my long awaited roadster S. time to graduate from this thread...best of luck to all you waiting, it's tough but the day will come. Will post more/better photos in the R59 thread soon if anyone is interested.
Gorgeous!

Old 10-24-2012, 02:08 PM
klsmith5
2nd Gear

avenger
CA_cath
klsmith5
tpthrshr
Let the ship tracking begin!

Old 10-24-2012, 02:33 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Originally Posted by klsmith5

Let the ship tracking begin!
Woo Hoo !!!!

Old 10-24-2012, 03:14 PM
puttyland
Neutral
Thanks all - I got my production number today. Tried to input it in the Owners' Lounge, but it was pulling up the wrong color car...should I tell the MA? Or will it get rectified by just clicking on the button for "No, that's still not my car!" ?

Old 10-24-2012, 03:17 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Originally Posted by puttyland
Thanks all - I got my production number today. Tried to input it in the Owners' Lounge, but it was pulling up the wrong color car...should I tell the MA? Or will it get rectified by just clicking on the button for "No, that's still not my car!" ?
Click on no. Just means you stole a production number for a stock ordered car. It should change to yours in a few days

Old 10-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear
It's always wrong, right up until it goes into production. If your paperwork is right don't worry about it. Congrats!

Old 10-24-2012, 03:33 PM
klsmith5
2nd Gear
Things I have learned in this process. Owner's lounge does take a couple of days to get your car correct. It takes 9-11 days to get the car assembled/ "born" once you get the notification that the car is in production. Nothing happens( that you will know) until around day 5. The car goes to the body shop, to the paint shop and then is assembled. A quality inspection is done on the last day. Then on to the dock.

The best source of up to date information is the human (customer relations) on ask mini---1-866-275-6464. The website is still showing my car in production and it is sitting on the dock to be loaded on a boat tomorrow.
The robot on the voice system is always behind by a day or two.

Old 10-24-2012, 03:40 PM
puttyland
Neutral
Thanks for all the info, you guys! My paperwork has one mistake on it - I ordered Black Jack side mirrors, and it has them as the black ones. I did alert my PA about it, but he hasn't responded. Is this something they throw on later in the process? I don't want to bug the crap out of the poor guy 'cuz I'm being a nervous Nelly, ya know?

Old 10-24-2012, 03:41 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Thanks for all the info, you guys! My paperwork has one mistake on it - I ordered Black Jack side mirrors, and it has them as the black ones. I did alert my PA about it, but he hasn't responded. Is this something they throw on later in the process? I don't want to bug the crap out of the poor guy 'cuz I'm being a nervous Nelly, ya know?
Bug him!

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group