1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 04:12 PM
tpthrshr
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by larryrmoe
Mark Sandau is who I dealt with. Mark was awesome. His email is mark@northwestmini.com. (253) 284-6464. We when in last Sunday morning to our first Salish Sea MINI club meeting. Our MINI was sitting in the show room waiting for us. Right after the meeting we met Mark and the first thing he did was hand us the keys to look at the car. After ogling and pictures, we sat down and finalized the financing. in about and hour we were signed. Then Mark spent a good 45 minutes going over the MINI and setting up all the electronic doodads (MINI 101 class). After that, Mark drove it just outside. He took pictures of us receiving the car and we drove off (with a moment of time as the wife said good by to her Toyota Tacoma) The was by far the bet buying experiences I (we) have ever had. I highly recommend Northwest MINI, Mark and our Business manager Diane!
Thx for the quick response. My MA is Terry; he's been great to work with so far. Good to know you had a good experience when finalizing the deal. I anticipate the same. In the meantime, I get to WAIT! My COKESTR's on the Topeka, which is due at Port Hueneme, CA on 11/14, then the VDC, then up I-5 to NW MINI. I'd like to think I might get it by Thanksgiving, but that's cutting it close, so am betting by 11/30. The Topeka's just south of Dominican Republic last I heard. The ironic thing is the Topeka's final port of call is Tacoma. Gee, you think they could put a VDC there? Not.

Were there any add-on suprises that increased the price at time of finalizing the deal? I've read other threads/stories here on NAM, but you're the only owner
I've ID'd doing biz with NW MINI. Thx again.

If you see s black JCW with white sport stripes flyin' by, plz feel free to wave hello! Good thing I know all the speed traps in Seattle...esp. NB 99 north of Battery St tunnel on weekday AM commute (lol). Did you take the "back route" from dealership, across tide flats, up thru Browns Pt, Dash Pt, west side of Fed Way & Des Moines & West Seattle? If not, go try it...nice scenic route with some decent curves, esp. on Dash Pt Road.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Aloisius
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car is at the dealer! Woo! They just have to do their 300 point inspection and then I can pick it up!

Old 11-04-2012, 06:53 PM
klsmith5
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Aloisius
My car is at the dealer! Woo! They just have to do their 300 point inspection and then I can pick it up!
These delivery times are quick!

Old 11-04-2012, 09:27 PM
larryrmoe
Neutral
Originally Posted by tpthrshr
Thx for the quick response. My MA is Terry; he's been great to work with so far. Good to know you had a good experience when finalizing the deal. I anticipate the same. In the meantime, I get to WAIT! My COKESTR's on the Topeka, which is due at Port Hueneme, CA on 11/14, then the VDC, then up I-5 to NW MINI. I'd like to think I might get it by Thanksgiving, but that's cutting it close, so am betting by 11/30. The Topeka's just south of Dominican Republic last I heard. The ironic thing is the Topeka's final port of call is Tacoma. Gee, you think they could put a VDC there? Not.

Were there any add-on suprises that increased the price at time of finalizing the deal? I've read other threads/stories here on NAM, but you're the only owner
I've ID'd doing biz with NW MINI. Thx again.

If you see s black JCW with white sport stripes flyin' by, plz feel free to wave hello! Good thing I know all the speed traps in Seattle...esp. NB 99 north of Battery St tunnel on weekday AM commute (lol). Did you take the "back route" from dealership, across tide flats, up thru Browns Pt, Dash Pt, west side of Fed Way & Des Moines & West Seattle? If not, go try it...nice scenic route with some decent curves, esp. on Dash Pt Road.
Add ons. well you have to decide on the extended maintenance and/or the extended warranty. the extended maintenance is about 1700 ish, I do not know what the extended warranty costs (we had it put in the loan) also there are some add ons (wheel protection, paint protection, clear front bra etc) but there were not pushie at all. BTW as far as i know, there is a VDC in Tacoma. Our ship arrived in Tacoma, and we received our MINI 2 days later. We went home over the bridge (we live on the peninsula) We have almost 600 miles on the car in a week...

Old 11-05-2012, 05:36 AM
Kimberlyfour
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Aloisius
Hooray! Happy motoring!

Old 11-05-2012, 07:43 AM
tpthrshr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by larryrmoe
Add ons. well you have to decide on the extended maintenance and/or the extended warranty. the extended maintenance is about 1700 ish, I do not know what the extended warranty costs (we had it put in the loan) also there are some add ons (wheel protection, paint protection, clear front bra etc) but there were not pushie at all. BTW as far as i know, there is a VDC in Tacoma. Our ship arrived in Tacoma, and we received our MINI 2 days later. We went home over the bridge (we live on the peninsula) We have almost 600 miles on the car in a week...
Thx for the info, re: add-ons, warranties, etc. Pretty much what I expected. I have family in North Kitsap and cannot wait to get up there on some of the back roads. Vashon's got some nice hairpins on it too.

Didn't know about the VDC in Tacoma, but it makes sense come to think of it. That VDC must handle more than BMW and MINI given all the different dealerships in Fife. Port of Seattle is losing massive $$$ to this operation.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:35 AM
shmini
2nd Gear
My 2013 Bayswater got wrecked at the Baltimore VDC and had to reorder. Now it is one day out on the Independence II. Hope it makes it through this time and is sent on its way to me. Fingers crossed.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Denzien
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by shmini
My 2013 Bayswater got wrecked at the Baltimore VDC and had to reorder. Now it is one day out on the Independence II. Hope it makes it through this time and is sent on its way to me. Fingers crossed.
Did they expedite the re-order for you?

Old 11-05-2012, 11:45 AM
shmini
2nd Gear
No. But I got the last slot the dealer had available for an October build.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:48 AM
tpthrshr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Denzien
Did they expedite the re-order for you?
@ Denzien: you hangin' in there yet? I see your delivery date is set for tomorrow (election day). At least you have your priorities in order: get the MINI first, then maybe pay attention to the election results, right? I know you have your check-list of stuff to bring (thinking camera here). May I suggest doing/taking "whatever" to make you get a good night's sleep tonight so you can be on your A game at the dealership? I am really looking forward to one of your future posts that says you got your MINI, it's perfection, you're happy, and of course, we want to see pics of it. Enjoy my NAM friend, you're wait is almost over.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear
Denizen, you may want the clear bra. Audrey has her first hood chip...sob:( !

Old 11-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Denzien
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Luckyelfie
Denizen, you may want the clear bra. Audrey has her first hood chip...sob:( !
I asked for the bra this morning, but I was told there wouldn't be enough time, and I guess I was impatient. I'm going to look into getting it done later, my MA gave the contact info for the shop the dealer uses for tint and stuff. Sorry to hear about Audrey

But here are my graduation photos!

Here is my Caliber R/T next to its replacement

Old 11-05-2012, 06:25 PM
tpthrshr
2nd Gear
I asked for the bra this morning, but I was told there wouldn't be enough time, and I guess I was impatient. I'm going to look into getting it done later, my MA gave the contact info for the shop the dealer uses for tint and stuff. Sorry to hear about Audrey

Very nice "upgrade", Denzien! You're going to thank yourself for those seats when motoring on a long roadtrip. Very sweet ride. Congratulations on graduating from 1st Gears!

Old 11-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Denzien
3rd Gear
Thanks!

And for those I was talking with earlier about the financing through the dealer, I was given exactly the financing I was promised verbally. <whew!>

Old 11-05-2012, 08:01 PM
El Kabong
2nd Gear
My God, that car is so sweet looking, I can't STAND it. I can't wait till mine gets here.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear

Beautiful car! Clearly a person with good taste!

Old 11-05-2012, 10:04 PM
cedarhollow03
Neutral
So excited to see the cars arriving. I know that I haven't had the wait that some of you had, but I was so giddy this afternoon when my MA sent an email to say "Your MINI is Here!" It looks like we will pick her up on Wednesday afternoon in Seattle.

10 days ago we went in to order a black bayswater MINI and was thrilled to find out that there was one exactly as we wanted that had just docked in CA and was not sold, but going to a dealership in CA. Boy did we ****** that up fast I don't think that I have ever felt so much anticipation in my entire life. I think I am worrying my hubby (he has never seen me like this!)

Will post a picture of her after Wednesday!

Old 11-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Kurtster
4th Gear
Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
Black Bayswaters look great. I considered one during the months I anguished over what to buy.

Old 11-06-2012, 05:00 AM
Denzien
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Luckyelfie
Beautiful car! Clearly a person with good taste!

Hey - have you gotten your eyeshades yet? I want to see how close he got the color....and, of course, how pretty Audrey is.

Old 11-06-2012, 06:48 AM
hollidayPJ
1st Gear
Where do you get the EYE SHADES?

Old 11-06-2012, 07:38 AM
Denzien
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by hollidayPJ
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ld-shades.html

Old 11-06-2012, 07:38 AM
Scamp
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by hollidayPJ
Over here.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:40 AM
Scamp
2nd Gear
Thanks!

And for those I was talking with earlier about the financing through the dealer, I was given exactly the financing I was promised verbally. <whew!>
Glad to hear that! Although I'm also looking at the post that said MINI is now offering 0.9% on 2013's....

Old 11-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear

Hey - have you gotten your eyeshades yet? I want to see how close he got the color....and, of course, how pretty Audrey is.
Color was way off, but I sent her an email with a color swatch description. It's much more gray than brown. I was disappointed, but in the car they look great and fit great. I don't even need to put the sun visors down to hold it up.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear
Audrey with her eyes on!

Attached Thumbnails &quot;Those waiting for a 2013&quot; Support Group-image-151486018.jpg   &quot;Those waiting for a 2013&quot; Support Group-image-3366802920.jpg  

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group