1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 02:24 PM
tpthrshr
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CA_cath
Thanks for the update!

I'm *hoping* it'll still be the 15th. It went through Panama Canal a day later than scheduled, according to the WW site's original info. Maybe they pad those dates to be safe.

Man, this waiting is making me bonkers!

How'd you sign up for Marine Traffic update emails?
Go to: http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/ser...spx?level1=170
Click on "My Fleet, My Notifications, My Data" link (should be first link in list)
Follow directions for signing up for email notification. For "My Fleet", you can select the Topeka from their list.

btw, it now shows arriving at Port: Panama Anch Pacific...loose translation: 1/4 of the ship in the canal; 3/4 of the ship in the Pacific (lol). Original arrival date at Port Hueneme, CA was always 11/15. Then it changed to 11/14. Now it's back to 11/15. So it'll get there when it gets there...sigh.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:26 PM
tpthrshr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Aloisius
I picked up Bridget today! I've included a picture of the interior which is the new satellite gray color.
Very very nice and smooth. NAM 1st Gears Approved!

Old 11-07-2012, 03:21 PM
keal
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My MINI was riding the 'Triton Leader' and docked at Hueneme Port, CA this morning! Si I guess a few days there, then a five day trip to Hawaii. I'm guessing I get the car by the end of next week. Crossing fingers

Old 11-07-2012, 06:59 PM
JC Scooper
3rd Gear
Well the OL finally moved Winston to the VDC at Brunswick GA! I emailed my MA today and he indicated they are installing Winston's JCW Tuning kit at the VDC before he comes to Florida. Shouldn't be too much longer!

Old 11-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Kurtster
4th Gear
Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
How long does it usually take to go from "Order Accepted" to where they actually put all your stuff in your Owners Lounge page and start building? My dealer put my order in a few days ago.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:37 PM
keal
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Kurtster
How long does it usually take to go from "Order Accepted" to where they actually put all your stuff in your Owners Lounge page and start building? My dealer put my order in a few days ago.
Kurtster, here's the dates for my car, maybe your experience will be similar:

9/27 - order put in for car
10/1 - MA called me with production number, I signed up on the OL, it said 'scheduled for production'
10/11 - suddenly OL reports my car has been built, and awaiting transportation
11/7 - finally OL says my car is 'en route to distribution center'

That's everything I got from the OL, it's still 'en route'

Cheers!

Old 11-08-2012, 05:17 AM
amancuso
5th Gear
Vehicle in Production, scheduled completion date 11/16! WooHoo!

Old 11-08-2012, 06:13 AM
Kimberlyfour
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Aloisius
I picked up Bridget today! I've included a picture of the interior which is the new satellite gray color.
She's beautiful! I like the gray interior and the roof rack!

Old 11-08-2012, 06:36 AM
Kimberlyfour
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by blulightning
Thanks! I'm getting minimal specs -- Lightning Blue Justa with white/white/white (roof/stripes/turn signals). So it's probably easier for the dealers to find what I'm looking for in production. I think black looks super sleek, btw

I got 1500 under MSRP (half of that is the Not Normal rebate), 0.9 financing, and some good quotes for the XL warranty, which I'm mulling over. There were actually slightly better quotes at other dealers, but they got me exactly what I wanted and faster, so they win. Overall a little over 1000 less than I was "so unrealistically" expecting from the first dealer.

Mostly I'm just pleased that my first experience was a fluke. I have never met a dealer who acted like he wasn't interested in selling cars, until that guy. So. Strange.

Oh wells. His loss. I just have to re-join this lovely support group until the weekend!
$1000 is worth a little wait! Car salesmen can be so weird! Because they rely so much on commission, some of them take things way too personally and they can get pretty disrespectful. Many of the ones i have dealt with didn't really know their cars that well, and some of them to handled the sales processs in a fairly awkward manor. We had one tell us that the headlights were "made with technology." We still like to point at car headlights and quote him.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:55 AM
amancuso
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Kimberlyfour
... the headlights were "made with technology." We still like to point at car headlights and quote him.
Well, personally, I prefer headlights that are "made with technology".

Old 11-08-2012, 07:18 AM
GlazerFL
1st Gear
I just received word from ASK-MINI that my auto was "born" earlier today. They told me it is now going through processing before being transported to the port. Maybe I will have her in a couple weeks?

Ordered: Oct. 16, Prod. Start: Oct. 30, Born: Nov. 8, In Transit: ?, Est. Delivery: ?
2013 Cooper S Hardtop - Eclipse Grey w/ Black Stripes

Old 11-08-2012, 07:36 AM
JC Scooper
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Kurtster
Here are the dates for Winston:

ordered: 8/28
in production: 9/27 (long wait maybe due to month of August shut down)
born/awaiting transp:10/6
enroute: date never posted!
at VDC: 11/7

I suppose options chosen have a lot to do with building time since they have to get everything together to feed the assembly line.

Best course of action may be to wait a "reasonable" time and then bug your MA periodically.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:48 AM
El Kabong
2nd Gear
Still no word on my Highgate.

Arrived at the Port in Bayonne, NJ, on Thursday 10/25, just in time for Hurricane Sandy, which arrived the following Monday.

The dealer was closed (No power) all last week, so very little reliable info. I got a sketchy report on Saturday, that they think it's still at the port, and they don't think the cars at the port were damaged. Hmmm . . . I find it hard to believe that any car sitting in a lot at the port, anywhere near the water was not flooded. They did mention that 200 cars at the VDC were flooded.

Since the port did not open until Monday, it's unlikely that it will get to the dealer soon, especially if they're having problems at the VDC. My MA was off Mon/Tues/Wed of this week, so I haven't heard anything since Saturday. Then of course, there's the little problem of not being able to get gas for the cars. So I figure:

a) My car floated out to sea last week.
b) It's in limbo and and I may not see it for a while.
c) It's sitting at the dealership right now and my MA just hasn't called me yet. (I know . . . long shot).

Waiting for the phone to ring.

El K.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:04 AM
amancuso
5th Gear
Originally Posted by El Kabong

Arrived at the Port in Bayonne, NJ, on Thursday 10/25, just in time for Hurricane Sandy, which arrived the following Monday.

The dealer was closed (No power) all last week, so very little reliable info. I got a sketchy report on Saturday, that they think it's still at the port, and they don't think the cars at the port were damaged. Hmmm . . . I find it hard to believe that any car sitting in a lot at the port, anywhere near the water was not flooded. They did mention that 200 cars at the VDC were flooded.

Since the port did not open until Monday, it's unlikely that it will get to the dealer soon, especially if they're having problems at the VDC. My MA was off Mon/Tues/Wed of this week, so I haven't heard anything since Saturday. Then of course, there's the little problem of not being able to get gas for the cars. So I figure:

c) It's sitting at the dealership right now and my MA just hasn't called me yet. (I know . . . long shot).

El K.
I hope you find out something soon. Are there still major gas issues up there?

Old 11-08-2012, 08:56 AM
Scamp
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by GlazerFL
I just received word from ASK-MINI that my auto was "born" earlier today. They told me it is now going through processing before being transported to the port. Maybe I will have her in a couple weeks?

Ordered: Oct. 16, Prod. Start: Oct. 30, Born: Nov. 8, In Transit: ?, Est. Delivery: ?
2013 Cooper S Hardtop - Eclipse Grey w/ Black Stripes
There seems to be a good bit of wiggle room. Factors include where you are, it takes longer for ships to reach the west coast, when your car makes it to the port, you can get on a ship the same day you arrive at the port or wait there a week or more. Shipping horror stories like El Kabong seems to be living, how far you are from a port, etc....

My MCS was Born on Oct. 26th and is due into the port of Baltimore on Saturday.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:14 AM
tpthrshr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by GlazerFL
@ GlazerFL: Scamp's assessment is correct, re: factors, final delivery location, etc. Here's the schedule for my COKESTR:

Ordered: 10/1
Born: 10/12
Departed Southampton: 10/25
En Route: on WW Topeka, made it through Panama Canal yesterday (11/7)
Arrive at Port Hueneme, CA: 11/15
Arrive at Northwest MINI Dealership in Tacoma, Washington: 11/20-26 (best guestimate due to Thanksgiving holiday)
My MA tells me I might get it before Thanksgiving, during that weekend, or the week after.

If you haven't done so already, you need to check out the "How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Update" thread in the 1st Gears Forum. That thread is "sticky" at the top of the Forum. There is information included about how to "lo-jack" track the ship your MINI will be on for transport, which kind of makes the waiting game bearable, and you meet other owners whose MINIs are on the same ship. You will need the VIN # of your MINI, which you can find via the Owner's Lounge (OL) > "Where's Your Baby?" link > "Review Order Detail" link. Once you know the VIN #, you can get some information from 1-866-ASK-MINI > Customer Relations (live voice, not robot), which has a little bit better updated info than the OL. When your MINI arrives at Southampton for departure, that's where ASK MINI steps out and has no more info, and your MA will have better updated info. The OL is notorious slow and outdated.

Originally, at time of order, my MA estimated my JCW at 10-12 weeks. Looks like it will beat that estimate by 2-4 weeks. That tells me the "birth canal" (Production plant Oxford) is fully ramped up.

Have fun waiting and welcome to 1st Gears!

Old 11-08-2012, 10:18 AM
tpthrshr
2nd Gear

El K.
El K: you're in my prayers. Stay safe and warm.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Velogopher
1st Gear
Maxine has finally arrived! I opted so skip the JCW rear spoiler and black driving lights at this time, as that added close to $2000 to the price. I managed to get $1500 off MSRP (including the Not Normal event), plus the 0.9% financing.

Cheers!
-Colin

Last edited by Velogopher; 11-08-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:59 AM
tpthrshr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Velogopher
Maxine has finally arrived! I opted so skip the JCW rear spoiler and black driving lights at this time, as that added close to $2000 to the price. I managed to get $1500 off MSRP (including the Not Normal event), plus the 0.9% financing.

Cheers!
-Colin
Nice! I was never a fan of the JCW rear spoiler. As far as I'm concerned, it only looks good on a GP, but that's just an opinion.

I see you went after the same StarBullet wheels I did. Those I definitely like! Have fun motoring!

Old 11-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Denzien
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

El K.

You should call your MA and ask if they can tell you your vehicle's status

Old 11-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Velogopher
1st Gear
Originally Posted by tpthrshr
Nice! I was never a fan of the JCW rear spoiler. As far as I'm concerned, it only looks good on a GP, but that's just an opinion.

I see you went after the same StarBullet wheels I did. Those I definitely like! Have fun motoring!
Thanks!

I actually like the JCW spoiler a lot, but could not make myself part with the nearly $1000 they were charging, including painting to match the BRG roof. Plus, I was worried when I install the roof rack, it just wouldn't look as good, and could always have the potential for damage (if, say, I were to ever put a kayak on top).

I still may get the driving lights, but can decide that later.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:33 AM
tpthrshr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Velogopher
Thanks!

I actually like the JCW spoiler a lot, but could not make myself part with the nearly $1000 they were charging, including painting to match the BRG roof. Plus, I was worried when I install the roof rack, it just wouldn't look as good, and could always have the potential for damage (if, say, I were to ever put a kayak on top).

I still may get the driving lights, but can decide that later.
...and that's why MINI says "over 10,000,000 configurations"! You get what you want, I get what I want, we all get what we want, and we're all happy motorers

Old 11-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Denzien
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tpthrshr
...and that's why MINI says "over 10,000,000 configurations"! You get what you want, I get what I want, we all get what we want, and we're all happy motorers
...and that's why I could never find a used MINI that quite matched my modest specifications, and ordered a new one that has WAY more junk than I was demanding in a used MINI!

Old 11-08-2012, 01:01 PM
tpthrshr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Denzien
...and that's why I could never find a used MINI that quite matched my modest specifications, and ordered a new one that has WAY more junk than I was demanding in a used MINI!
I think I had done at least a dozen builds before settling on the final. It took forever for MINI to get the 2013 specs into the configurator, but for me, the timing was perfect. I'm glad I waited until October to order.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Velogopher
1st Gear
I did the same thing. Numerous builds in different colors when I was considering it. Then, a few months later, when I needed a new car due to the death of my Miata, I saw the Green Park and knew it was the one for me. I still re-configured the options many times anyway.

Re: The combinations - I can't count how many configurations other people come up with that I see and think "yeah... not for me". And I love that all of those are available, because that just helps make my own that much rarer and special to me.

-Colin

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group