1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 11:25 PM
tpthrshr
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=plaut;3627031]Ordered Oct 8, picked up Nov 16 (today!), probably delayed a week by Sandy. Completely worth the wait!

Your MCS is gonna turns heads. Glad you kept the black grill. The delay was worth it; you will appreciate it all the more. Keep on motoring!

Old 11-17-2012, 03:17 PM
amancuso
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still no shipping info. At this point don't think I'll be on the Monday ship.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:28 PM
amberda
Neutral
this is so frustrating and exciting at the same time. i've always wanted a mini and i'm finally in a position to get one. i actually placed my order at the dealership on nov. 3rd. i didn't get a production number until nov. 8th and have still not been able to get anything other than 'scheduled for production' online or through ask-mini. my MA said that another order that was placed the same day as mine went into production nov. 13th. she still thinks it will arrive in december sometime but i'm beginning to wonder.

i'm glad i found this place to vent. i'm sure my friends and family are tired of hearing about it.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:36 PM
brownisland
2nd Gear
I ordered my Mini 11/2. Production started 11/13. My MA told me the estimated due date is 11/23.
I'm hoping to get my Mini around mid-December.
I really hope it gets here before Jan 2 so I can use my $750 not normal sale.

We're lucky they don't celebrate Thanksgiving in the UK...

Old 11-18-2012, 12:51 PM
tpthrshr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by amberda
this is so frustrating and exciting at the same time. i've always wanted a mini and i'm finally in a position to get one. i actually placed my order at the dealership on nov. 3rd. i didn't get a production number until nov. 8th and have still not been able to get anything other than 'scheduled for production' online or through ask-mini. my MA said that another order that was placed the same day as mine went into production nov. 13th. she still thinks it will arrive in december sometime but i'm beginning to wonder.

i'm glad i found this place to vent. i'm sure my friends and family are tired of hearing about it.
...and that's why you're in this support group...to help maintain your sanity (lol). Make sure you read the "How to track your MINI" thread (also found in 1st gears). Welcome to the club. btw, the online Owners Lounge (OL) is almost worthless. You'll find out some quasi-better info via 1-866-ASK-MINI and/or your MA. But you can also find out good info by cruisin' back thru this thread to read about other owners' experiences. Just understand that by the time you get your MINI, you will have "graduated" from this support group and gained a measure of patience you didn't count on

Last edited by tpthrshr; 11-18-2012 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Wrong phone #
Old 11-18-2012, 12:56 PM
tpthrshr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by amancuso
Still no shipping info. At this point don't think I'll be on the Monday ship.
At least you're on the east coast. Ship's voyage for five MINIs (including mine) in this support group was 21 days from Southampton to Port Hueneme, CA. A loooooooooong 21 days.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Kurtster
4th Gear
Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by amberda

Mine went in the same day, Amberda. Is yours a JCW? If so, it may take longer. I was told by my MA this weekend that the JCWs take longer because they have to order different parts than the rest of the lineup. He also said as of that date (Nov. 3) no more JCWs were allowed into allotment for November. Mine's been on "Scheduled for Production" over two weeks. He says it should be built the first week of December and arrive just before Christmas. If yours isn't a JCW, you'll probably have it sooner than that.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:10 PM
amberda
Neutral
no, mine isn't JCW. just a velvet silver MC. the only things i added were black bonnet stripes, H/K, and anthracite headliner. looking at the delivery dates of others here, i'm hoping i'll have mine either the weekend before or right after christmas. i'm in oklahoma so it will take a while to get to the dealership. i've never looked forward to christmas so much.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:15 PM
klsmith5
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by avenger
Topeka Crew

avenger

tpthrshr

CA_cath (missing pic)

klsmith5 (missing pic)
Topeka crew....I'm picking up my car at the dealer tomorrow afternoon. It is there today ( Sunday, 11/18). Four days from arrival!!!

Old 11-18-2012, 05:17 PM
klsmith5
2nd Gear
[quote=tpthrshr;3627115]
Originally Posted by plaut
Ordered Oct 8, picked up Nov 16 (today!), probably delayed a week by Sandy. Completely worth the wait!

Your MCS is gonna turns heads. Glad you kept the black grill. The delay was worth it; you will appreciate it all the more. Keep on motoring!
My car is at the dealer...off the topeka. Will get it tomorrow.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:30 PM
instamini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by klsmith5
Topeka crew....I'm picking up my car at the dealer tomorrow afternoon. It is there today ( Sunday, 11/18). Four days from arrival!!!
picked mine up today!!! Still can't believe it's real .....

Old 11-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Pbal4
Neutral
"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-image-3599998631.jpg

Picked up our new Knightsbridge mini on Saturday! We are loving this little car!

Old 11-18-2012, 06:10 PM
CA_cath
1st Gear
Originally Posted by klsmith5
How exciting! Remember, photos or it didn't happen! Congratulations!

Old 11-18-2012, 06:11 PM
CA_cath
1st Gear
Originally Posted by instamini

Congrats! Post graduation photos!

Old 11-18-2012, 06:47 PM
CA_cath
1st Gear
Originally Posted by instamini

Where in CA are you located? I'm hoping my MINI is right behind yours. I'm in the SF Bay Area.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:53 PM
instamini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by CA_cath
Where in CA are you located? I'm hoping my MINI is right behind yours. I'm in the SF Bay Area.
Hi, we are in southern ca. Picked it up at crevier in Santa Ana will post photos in the morning

Old 11-18-2012, 07:36 PM
klsmith5
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by CA_cath
In So. Cal. and at Crevier along with Instamini

Old 11-19-2012, 04:47 AM
Yam the Bomb
2nd Gear
If mine arrives in the states on the 23rd. How many more days should it take to arrive at the dealers? The dealership is 10-hours away from the port.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:28 AM
Jake C6R
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Kurtster
Mine went in the same day, Amberda. Is yours a JCW? If so, it may take longer. I was told by my MA this weekend that the JCWs take longer because they have to order different parts than the rest of the lineup. He also said as of that date (Nov. 3) no more JCWs were allowed into allotment for November. Mine's been on "Scheduled for Production" over two weeks. He says it should be built the first week of December and arrive just before Christmas. If yours isn't a JCW, you'll probably have it sooner than that.
That sucks if none are scheduled for production this month...that will add almost an extra month to my wait if that is the case...

Old 11-19-2012, 06:24 AM
amancuso
5th Gear
Originally Posted by tpthrshr
At least you're on the east coast. Ship's voyage for five MINIs (including mine) in this support group was 21 days from Southampton to Port Hueneme, CA. A loooooooooong 21 days.
Yikes! 21 days... Got word today I'm loaded on the vessel, departing today!

Old 11-19-2012, 09:17 AM
JoanieB
5th Gear
WHOOOO HOOO!

Our Jasper is on the Asian King, due in to Hueneme on Dec 8th!!

Dancing today! So, where can we buy BIG BIG ribbons and bows for Christmas MINIs?

Old 11-19-2012, 10:00 AM
JoanieB
5th Gear
The Asian King was loaded at Southampton on 11/13, so if anyone on the West Coast is wondering if they are on it, use the WW tracking page and plug your VIN into the far right box (for cargo) and click 'track'. My MA still doesn't have the info that our car is on that ship, but unquestionably it is. So, be proactive!

WW site:
https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

Who else is on the Asian King?

Old 11-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Eric Lucas
Neutral
The interminable wait is nearly over! Ordered my spice orange convertible with toffee seats and beige interior on Oct. 19. I was prepared to settle in for a LONG wait, but production began Oct. 24 (I guess my dealer had slots available), completed Nov. 2. It hopped on the next ship out of Southampton on Nov. 7, arrived Baltimore last night. By tracking the ship's movements around Baltimore harbor, it offloaded at the VDC last night. I'm hoping they are motivated to get it out to me soon, as I'd love to be able to pick it up in Columbus over Thanksgiving weekend.

I know I have been blessed so far to have such a quick production and shipping schedule, but that doesn't make it any easier to wait these last few days. Anybody have any recent experience how long the Baltimore VDC is taking to clear cars, especially around the holiday?

Cheers,
Eric Lucas

PS To others waiting, DON'T TRUST on the OL. Mine didn't even show up there until it was halfway across the Atlantic. It kept telling me that my 2008 pepper white with a black hardtop was at my dealer in Nashville, TN! (I'm guessing they re-use the production order numbers....) 1-866-ASK-MINI wasn't much better.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:37 AM
ooogly
1st Gear
Woohoo! my light white countryman Casper made it onto Bess and will be arriving at Port Huneme 12/12. In time for christmas! :D Anyone else on the ship with him??

Also side question, any one here know if it's possible to change the final destination now that the car's already in motion? I'd like to have the car delivered to a dealer closer to home.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:57 AM
keal
1st Gear
My car arrives tomorrow on Maui, then BMW cleans it up. I'm dealing with MINI on Oahu for the financing, so fedex drops off the paperwork today, I sign, then send back to fedex. My MA said I should get a call on Thanksgiving day to pickup. Can't wait!

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group