1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 04:54 AM
Yam the Bomb
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kurtster
Congrats, Yam. I have envy now.

I'm disappointed that you like the HK system better than your old Bose one. I work for Bose and I am considering converting my HK sound system to a Bose one. It's complicated and would take several people's time for weeks to tune it properly and build a system just right for the car, but it's tempting. It's gonna be really hard for me to say I like an HK system better. Glad you're happy though.

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring
I've heard other Bose systems that sound good. But the one Mazda used was not one of the best ones.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:23 AM
amancuso
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Yam the Bomb
I picked my Clubman S up today. It's an awesome car.

First impressions:

Harmon Kardon sounds better than I expected. Much better than the Bose system in my Mazda 3

Cabin noise is much quieter than I expected. The run-flats don't bother me at all either.

The gear ratios are much higher than my 6-speed Miata. The Miata gears seem much tighter. I like them both.

The Ice Blue with Black top, wheels and stripes looks great. Even better than I expected.

The leather dash is nice but I didn't expect two of the other dash parts are finished in suede. It looks pretty good but I worry about keeping it looking good. I would have preferred that it be all leather similar to the dash and seats.

The Bluetooth works very good. I was worried about that. The lounge leather seats are a little harder than I expected. I assume they will break in some. I can't say they are real comfortable but I test drove used Minis with the same seats and they sat better. Probably just need some *** time.
Pics of Car and Dash!!

Old 12-02-2012, 03:31 PM
greatgro
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Getting Depressed...

Heading into week 49 which is my JCW Countryman build week....yet from what I've heard at least one fellow JCW Countryman motorist with a week 48 build hasn't started production yet. This blows...I need my new MINI.

Old 12-02-2012, 06:12 PM
MotorWorf
4th Gear
Originally Posted by brownisland
I really hope you do. Since you're in Minneapolis, your port is probably NY.
There are ships leaving on 12/6 and 12/9. First ship gets in at 12/13 and second one at 12/19.
Nope.
Port is Baltimore as listed on the VIR (Vehicle Inquiry Report) Port Loc. BALPOA which, I believe is Baltimore Port of Entry.

Where are you getting the "ships leaving" information?

Old 12-02-2012, 06:30 PM
brownisland
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MotorWorf
Nope.
Port is Baltimore as listed on the VIR (Vehicle Inquiry Report) Port Loc. BALPOA which, I believe is Baltimore Port of Entry.

Where are you getting the "ships leaving" information?

http://sagaweb.2wglobal.com/AppSchedules/

I usually search by port.... Southampton to Baltimore.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:00 PM
MotorWorf
4th Gear
Originally Posted by brownisland
http://sagaweb.2wglobal.com/AppSchedules/

I usually search by port.... Southampton to Baltimore.
Okay, I appreciate the info. Armed with that information it seems Cocoa could be on:

Ship................Depart..............Arrive
Taiko...............Dec 6..............Dec 16---Probably not, too soon after Dec 5 build finish date.
Tamesis...........Dec 12.............Dec 20---Might get to dealer before Christmas (fingers crossed)?
Integrity..........Dec 14.............Dec 26---Too late for Christmas, but before USAA Exclusive Incentive ends (Jan 2)?
Salome............Dec 17.............Dec 26--- ""

Last edited by MotorWorf; 12-03-2012 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Thoughts added
Old 12-02-2012, 09:01 PM
keal
1st Gear
Cleaned, sealed, smiling! Meet Robo-kun!

My girlfriend and I decided to give our MINI a robot name. She chose Alphonse from the old anime Patlabor, I chose Robokon from a super-old Japanese TV show. We settled on a generic 'Robokun' or 'Robo-kun' because it has a more endearing tone. I'll make a badge for the front later on with its name

EDIT: I just wanted to add this. MINI of Oahu threw in a ton of freebies for me. Everything I didn't order - boot cargo net, boot tray liner, rubber floor mats for the front and rear, tire pressure gauge thingy, iPhone cable to plug into the usb/audio ports (I have a droid so it was not something I planned for) and then on top of everything, BMW of Maui, who cleaned the car prior to my pick-up, did a FANTASTIC job. When I clayed the car, there was literally NOTHING on it. I scanned the painted panels with a 10x magnifying loupe and found zero swirl marks. I think I shed a few tears. The whole MINI/BMW team on Oahu and Maui are so awesome, my mom is now set to buy a MINI in the next six months. My girlfriend is set on Robo-kun so I'll be getting another MINI for myself once this one is paid off. We'll have a MINI family in no time

Add-ons - Immediately on picking up Robo-kun, I went back to work, and installed - Chrome antenna base, carbon fiber stubby antenna wiah blackjack logo on top, chrome scuttles, and the front grill badge. Went home that day, put in the rubber boot tray and cargo net, put away the carpet mats I ordered and installed the rubber mats. Easy-pull straps on the back seats for when you need to pull up seats while in the trunk - and I have 2 license plate badgs holders from gobadges, which holds 2 badges each. Installed both on the boot frame, but with 4 badges on the rear, it looked tacky. I have 2 badges on the boot, and holding on to the other badge holder, will install on the front later this week and see how it looks. I have mandatory parking stickers that must be applied to the bumper, but I found some kind of silicon thing with suction cups off Amazon - used for attaching cellphones to battery chargers for ease of carrying - so I'll laminiate the parking sticker and stick it on at work, take it off when leaving. Tinting windows on Robo-kun this week, then applying a coat of wax this coming weekend, then Robo-kun is set for my month-long December/January vacation! Living on Maui, so no need to fly anywhere! We're touring the island for a month!

Last edited by keal; 12-02-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:22 PM
ernsign
2nd Gear
Woo-hoo! Just got the "awaiting transport" status. How long till it gets onto a ship? I suppose up to a week? I see that the ship can be tracked, I assume that when it is en route the web site will tell me the ship name? I've already bookmarked a couple of ship-tracking sites I found on this forum. No one else is excited like I am, except here, of course.

2013 Mini Countryman S. (not 4wd).

Old 12-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Kurtster
4th Gear
Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
Oh, Keal Robo-kun is beautiful. Thanks for reminding me why I like chrome so much. I love that front end and the chrome circular R56N badge. Where did you get the cool trim ring around the badge, or is that part of the badge not the holder?

Old 12-03-2012, 12:26 AM
keal
1st Gear
Kurtster, the badge holder is from gobadges.com, it has a velcro leash that wraps around the grill bars, and the badge is a 3 dollar 3-inch refrigerator magnet from zazzle.com

Old 12-03-2012, 04:26 AM
amancuso
5th Gear
Originally Posted by keal
My girlfriend and I decided to give our MINI a robot name. She chose Alphonse from the old anime Patlabor, I chose Robokon from a super-old Japanese TV show. We settled on a generic 'Robokun' or 'Robo-kun' because it has a more endearing tone. I'll make a badge for the front later on with its name

EDIT: I just wanted to add this. MINI of Oahu threw in a ton of freebies for me. Everything I didn't order - boot cargo net, boot tray liner, rubber floor mats for the front and rear, tire pressure gauge thingy, iPhone cable to plug into the usb/audio ports (I have a droid so it was not something I planned for) and then on top of everything, BMW of Maui, who cleaned the car prior to my pick-up, did a FANTASTIC job. When I clayed the car, there was literally NOTHING on it. I scanned the painted panels with a 10x magnifying loupe and found zero swirl marks. I think I shed a few tears. The whole MINI/BMW team on Oahu and Maui are so awesome, my mom is now set to buy a MINI in the next six months. My girlfriend is set on Robo-kun so I'll be getting another MINI for myself once this one is paid off. We'll have a MINI family in no time

Add-ons - Immediately on picking up Robo-kun, I went back to work, and installed - Chrome antenna base, carbon fiber stubby antenna wiah blackjack logo on top, chrome scuttles, and the front grill badge. Went home that day, put in the rubber boot tray and cargo net, put away the carpet mats I ordered and installed the rubber mats. Easy-pull straps on the back seats for when you need to pull up seats while in the trunk - and I have 2 license plate badgs holders from gobadges, which holds 2 badges each. Installed both on the boot frame, but with 4 badges on the rear, it looked tacky. I have 2 badges on the boot, and holding on to the other badge holder, will install on the front later this week and see how it looks. I have mandatory parking stickers that must be applied to the bumper, but I found some kind of silicon thing with suction cups off Amazon - used for attaching cellphones to battery chargers for ease of carrying - so I'll laminiate the parking sticker and stick it on at work, take it off when leaving. Tinting windows on Robo-kun this week, then applying a coat of wax this coming weekend, then Robo-kun is set for my month-long December/January vacation! Living on Maui, so no need to fly anywhere! We're touring the island for a month!
Very nice!

Old 12-03-2012, 05:22 AM
Arcrys
1st Gear
Originally Posted by keal

Love it! Congrats!

Old 12-03-2012, 07:34 AM
spinlock
2nd Gear
Thanks all for the warm welcome!

It looks like the Aida is in port, lets hope our cars make it on a ship this time!

Old 12-03-2012, 10:00 AM
kipkipper
1st Gear
Found out from my MA today that my MINI is on the Chesapeake Highway! I better figure out what to name her before she gets here!

Anyone else going to be on the Chesapeake Highway?

Old 12-03-2012, 10:03 AM
spinlock
2nd Gear
@kipkipper, does the the OL reflect this yet for you?

Old 12-03-2012, 10:18 AM
kipkipper
1st Gear
@spinlock, negative. OL still shows awaiting transport. My experience so far has been that the OL is a good 48 hours behind my MA, with the ASK-MINI being about 12-24 hours behind him. I have no clue where he's getting his info, but it's been spot-on.

My car finished production on the 28th, was at the port by the 29th, and shipped on the first. What about you?

Old 12-03-2012, 10:31 AM
spinlock
2nd Gear
@kipkipper mine was finished on the 22nd, at port on the 24th. It's port loc is Brunswick, GA, which is on the Chesapeake Highway route for 12/13. I wonder if I'm on the same boat? let me but my MA.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:05 AM
tpthrshr
2nd Gear
@ keal, Robo-kun rocks! Congratulations! You've now officially graduated from this support group. Have fun motoring all over the island(s) and stay safe. Looking forward to seeing your MINI family when you get the additions.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:23 AM
spinlock
2nd Gear
I got an update from my MA, her her system has the Status as "In Transit To Final Vpc". With that info I assume it's on the Chesapeake Highway because WW isn't showing my VIN as booked. Any more experienced members have any thoughts on this?

Old 12-03-2012, 11:24 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
My 2013 will start production 12/17/2012

OMG, I can hardly wait. They said the estimated ETA is 02/06/2013. THink it'll come in any earlier? I bought my last Mini off the lot (2006 convertible). This one is special ordered 2013 "S" Convertible with a ton of added extras. I wanted everything!!!

Any advice for a first time orderer?

Old 12-03-2012, 11:27 AM
brownisland
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by spinlock
I got an update from my MA, her her system has the Status as "In Transit To Final Vpc". With that info I assume it's on the Chesapeake Highway because WW isn't showing my VIN as booked. Any more experienced members have any thoughts on this?
I got an update from my MA too. He says my ETA is 12th/13th so I'm assuming mine is on Chesapeake Highway as well. I'm still showing "No records found" on the WW website.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:28 AM
tpthrshr
2nd Gear
Sorry it took longer than expected to post pics. I was out driving around in COKESTR all weekend and having way too much fun. Didn't get near a computer until now. I am still in a state of happy shock. btw, it rained in Seattle really bad yesterday, so COKESTR will be getting a "natural" bath often. For me, there's no such thing as trying to keep my ride perfectly clean...I like to drive too much for that

Introducing COKESTR (last of the Topeka crew):

da bonnet and driver's side...love the wheels...heck, love the entire MINI!

da bonnet and passenger side

da boot

Cockpit...and I understand all of it already!

Love those Lounge Leather Championship seats...heated, of course.

The leather dash...including the co-pilot's fingerprint. Huh?

Last edited by tpthrshr; 12-03-2012 at 11:35 AM. Reason: more info
Old 12-03-2012, 11:42 AM
brownisland
2nd Gear
Congrats tpthrshr! that's a beautiful Mini. I love the leather dash!

My MA confirmed that my Mini is on the Chesapeake Highway!!

Old 12-03-2012, 11:45 AM
spinlock
2nd Gear
@brownisland, my MA couldn't confirm, but I'm thinking we are all "on the same boat" so to speak. LOL!

Old 12-03-2012, 11:53 AM
brownisland
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by spinlock
@brownisland, my MA couldn't confirm, but I'm thinking we are all "on the same boat" so to speak. LOL!
I hope so, that'd be awesome.

Do you know how to check K-line vessels and its inventory?

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group