1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 05:32 PM
Arcrys
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul Rhoads
Final graduation journey and picture:

10/20/12 - Ordered
10/24/12 - Production Started
11/02/12 - Birthdate
11/04/12 - Awaiting transport to a ship
11/10/12 - Aboard the Athens Highway (K-Line)
11/23/12 - At Brunswick VDC
12/01/12 - Leaving for Orlando Dealership
12/02/12 - Arrived Orlando Dealership
12/04/12 - Final QC/Prep completed and picked up

45 days, 6 and 1/2 weeks.

Hang in there! Yours will get there!
Grats! Looks great!

Side note - I wonder why it takes them so darn long to get the JCW's into production...

Old 12-05-2012, 05:34 PM
amancuso
5th Gear
Hi guys and gals! Just wanted to let you all know that Desmond II (D2) is home! I can't believe the day has come. Was very excited on the drive home and love all the doodads I optioned up the car with. If anyone is curious about the color line, it's fantastic and looks and feels great. Without further ado, here are the pics:

Name:  IMG_1597.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  195.0 KB
Name:  IMG_1596.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  190.5 KB
Name:  IMG_1598.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  207.6 KB
Name:  IMG_1600.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  197.5 KB
Name:  IMG_1601.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  202.1 KB
Name:  IMG_1599.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  150.7 KB

Al.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Paul Rhoads
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Arcrys
Grats! Looks great!

Side note - I wonder why it takes them so darn long to get the JCW's into production...
I'm thinking there's a part that is specific to the JCW that is on backorder, like an engine backlog or something.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:47 PM
fortysix_and_2
1st Gear
D2 looks great! Thanks for all your support and being so active here in our lil' thread ! Enjoy the motoring!

Old 12-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Jake C6R
3rd Gear
Grats! Looks great!

Congratulations to all the new arrivals today! To say I am a little jealous is well...not true because I am very jealous!

Damn JCWs! Maybe it would be a little easier wait if we get SOME kind of news on the delay...

Old 12-05-2012, 06:32 PM
6thGear
4th Gear
Nice MINI!! What colorline is that?

Originally Posted by amancuso
Hi guys and gals! Just wanted to let you all know that Desmond II (D2) is home! I can't believe the day has come. Was very excited on the drive home and love all the doodads I optioned up the car with. If anyone is curious about the color line, it's fantastic and looks and feels great. Without further ado, here are the pics:

Al.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:58 PM
amancuso
5th Gear
Originally Posted by 6thGear
Nice MINI!! What colorline is that?

Thanks everyone It's toffee color line.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:37 PM
ernsign
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Grats! Looks great!

Arcrys, thank you it is good to see your timeline. I am encouraged.

Question: Where does one learn what ship one's baby is on? It that stated in the OL? My Mini is "awaiting transport" so this will be an issue for me soon (I hope.)

Congrats!

Old 12-05-2012, 07:39 PM
ernsign
2nd Gear

Al.
amancuso, Beautiful car. I love the look of the paneling on the dash. Very sophisticated, in my humble view.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:15 PM
fortysix_and_2
1st Gear
Originally Posted by ernsign
Arcrys, thank you it is good to see your timeline. I am encouraged.

Question: Where does one learn what ship one's baby is on? It that stated in the OL? My Mini is "awaiting transport" so this will be an issue for me soon (I hope.)

Congrats!

Assuming your vehicle is being transported via WW (as mine was to the USA):

Once you're "Awaiting Transport" you should be able to access, or already have your VIN. It can be found in the OL after tracking your MINI and selecting "Review Order Detail". Then use the VIN in the Cargo Search at https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...ckSearchResult to find the ship it's loaded on.

Hope that helps!

Old 12-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Scooter09
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Fresh off the truck! 2013 JCW Coupe

I'm ready to see what it looks like when the white protective sheeting is off.

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-photo.jpg   "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-photo_1.jpg   "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-photo_2.jpg  
Old 12-05-2012, 08:36 PM
fortysix_and_2
1st Gear
OoOooOOoo looks nice Scooter!

Old 12-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Kurtster
4th Gear
Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
Congrats on "graduating" you guys and thanks for the pictures! They look great. Now I wish I'd ordered the Chromeline trim from the factory instead of the aftermarket kit I have in my hands right now.

FWIW on JCW production: I believe they pool all JCW orders each month to do them all at once and if you miss the cutoff, you might have a longer wait than others. My MA said something I didn't understand about the allotment for November being full, which is why my order sat for nearly a month before production started. Supposed to be done in two days. Waiting. Patiently. Automated system said it was "In the body shop" right now. Hope that doesn't mean someone messed it up during production. LOL!

Old 12-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Arcrys
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Kurtster
Congrats on "graduating" you guys and thanks for the pictures! They look great. Now I wish I'd ordered the Chromeline trim from the factory instead of the aftermarket kit I have in my hands right now.

FWIW on JCW production: I believe they pool all JCW orders each month to do them all at once and if you miss the cutoff, you might have a longer wait than others. My MA said something I didn't understand about the allotment for November being full, which is why my order sat for nearly a month before production started. Supposed to be done in two days. Waiting. Patiently. Automated system said it was "In the body shop" right now. Hope that doesn't mean someone messed it up during production. LOL!
Same here bud. I'm told my JCW should be done tomorrow or the next day. In the body shop seems to be a catch all phrase, I've been told that the last couple days.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Kurtster
4th Gear
Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
Same here bud. I'm told my JCW should be done tomorrow or the next day. In the body shop seems to be a catch all phrase, I've been told that the last couple days.
I think ours will be fast friends on the assembly line and possible on the boat unless yours ends up on a boat that docks in the gulf. Mine will be coming into New Jersey. I'm picturing the worker bees putting yours and mine together at the same time so they look like twins. They should develop a simple smartphone app for the workers to scan a bar code of the VIN, take pictures once a day of the cars they're assembling and have it upload to the OL page for the owner. Then it would take longer to make them, huh? Okay I'm going stir crazy. Waiting...waiting...

Old 12-05-2012, 11:10 PM
ernsign
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by fortysix_and_2

Once you're "Awaiting Transport" you should be able to access, or already have your VIN. It can be found in the OL after tracking your MINI and selecting "Review Order Detail". Then use the VIN in the Cargo Search at https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...ckSearchResult to find the ship it's loaded on.

Hope that helps!
Thanks a million, fortysix_and_2, for that info. I will use it a lot, I expect.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:27 AM
amancuso
5th Gear

In the body shop means it's in the part of the factory where the body panels get welded together. Oh, and don't place much faith in the OL, it says my "Chili Red Hardtop" is at the VDC.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:55 AM
spinlock
2nd Gear
I just had to watch "The Lonely Island" - "I'm On A Boat" for giggles. I would like it but feel it's lyric content may run afoul of site policy. Feel free to Google if your not familiar.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:04 AM
MotorWorf
4th Gear
Originally Posted by fortysix_and_2

Do you have to create and use a Login?

Old 12-06-2012, 10:17 AM
ernsign
2nd Gear
As of this morning (12-6): "Your vehicle is at the port awaiting a shipping vessel."

Nice. How long in your collective experiences? Up to a week at this stage?

Tension and anticipation mounts...

Old 12-06-2012, 11:38 AM
spinlock
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ernsign
As of this morning (12-6): "Your vehicle is at the port awaiting a shipping vessel."

Nice. How long in your collective experiences? Up to a week at this stage?

Tension and anticipation mounts...
Mine was in port for a week.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:10 PM
tpthrshr
2nd Gear

Al.
YAY! I'm thrilled for you! It's been a long and trying wait for you. So glad you finally got your MINI. Have fun, stay safe, happy motoring...and yes, you have graduated from this support group!

Old 12-06-2012, 02:22 PM
brownisland
2nd Gear
don't leave us graduates!

Old 12-06-2012, 02:35 PM
greatgro
6th Gear
FWIW on JCW production: I believe they pool all JCW orders each month to do them all at once and if you miss the cutoff, you might have a longer wait than others. My MA said something I didn't understand about the allotment for November being full, which is why my order sat for nearly a month before production started.
Ahhhhhh. I've had a 2013 JCW Countryman on order and Scheduled for Production for 3 weeks. It was supposed to be built this week and all of a sudden it's gone backwards to ON ORDER as of Tuesday. And no one has any info for me. In face when I call the ASK MINI number and type in my production number, it doesn't let me do the automated service. It immediately connects me with a representative who can't tell me anything. Makes me feel like somethings wrong though!

Old 12-06-2012, 03:21 PM
MotorWorf
4th Gear
Originally Posted by greatgro
...when I call the ASK MINI number and type in my production number, it doesn't let me do the automated service. It immediately connects me with a representative
Lately, ASK MINI has been transferring me over from automated to a representative without asking. From what I know, though, unless you have a VIN you are not actually being birthed.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group