1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 05:58 PM
ernsign
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Could someone be so kind as to tell me where we find the particular numbered week of build for our cars? I see people saying things like "week 49" build. My car is at the port, but I would love to look up this information, even if it may no longer be relevant.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:59 AM
spinlock
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh no! I checked Kline's updated schedule and the Chesapeake Highway is 2 days delayed. I suspect its due to some rough weather in the Atlantic. http://www.opc.ncep.noaa.gov/Atl_tab.shtml

Old 12-07-2012, 08:20 AM
Arcrys
1st Gear
My mini is now "waiting to be released to carrier"! Even more excited now, didn't think that was possible lol

Old 12-07-2012, 08:33 AM
Jake C6R
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Arcrys
My mini is now "waiting to be released to carrier"! Even more excited now, didn't think that was possible lol
Arcryrs, are you getting that info from the OL or the Ask Mini line? My OL status has never changed from "on order." But my MA told me yesterday that he still shows scheduled for production 11/26.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:44 AM
spinlock
2nd Gear
Grats! You will be on a boat in no time!

Old 12-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Kurtster
4th Gear
Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
Mine too, Arcrys! Production complete, waiting to be picked up. It's officially born!

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring

Old 12-07-2012, 12:59 PM
CP_09JCW
1st Gear
Well, after having my 09 JCW for about 6 months and having a bunch of problems, I just got back from the dealer and placed an order for a 2013 Clubman S. It should be produced week 51.

It's a Green Park Clubman S.
Cold Weather Package
Premium 2 Package
Sport Package with Blk MINI yours wheels
Anthracite Headliner
Rear fog
adaptive xenon's
roof rails
Mini Connected

I hope to have the car in the middle of January, if everything goes well!

I am super excited!

Clint

Old 12-07-2012, 02:27 PM
JoanieB
5th Gear
In about an hour, the Asian King, carrying our Jasper and forty-six and two's Ellie, will be passing a few miles west of our house. :-) Due into Hueneme tomorrow. My husband was stationed in Port Hueneme when we first married, and we lived on the SeaBee base there for a few years. Brings back fond memories... and some not so fond, as it was a hard adjustment, becoming a Navy wife. LOL!
Anyway, we anticipate taking delivery of Jasper toward the middle or end of next week, since he will have the fixed spoiler installed at the dealership. Everyone's beautiful photos of their new cars, their happiness and enthusiasm, is a welcome sight for those of us still waiting.
Congrats, everyone!! Beautiful, beautiful cars.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:50 PM
ernsign
2nd Gear
JoanieB - Sweet dreams all weekend long for you!

I hear the cruise to Port H. is typically 21 days. Is that about what you had? Mine's coming to Port H. also. Currently at the departure port "awaiting a shipping vessel."

Congrats!!

Last edited by ernsign; 12-07-2012 at 02:50 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 12-07-2012, 03:50 PM
greatgro
6th Gear
My JCW Countryman started production at 6:02am this morning. It's in the body shop and the paint shop is next.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Arcrys
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Jake C6R

Arcryrs, are you getting that info from the OL or the Ask Mini line? My OL status has never changed from "on order." But my MA told me yesterday that he still shows scheduled for production 11/26.
Got the info from the automated system and confirmed with an agent and MA both.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:28 PM
JoanieB
5th Gear
Ernsign- Thank you! Yes, it is hard not to dream about the Coupe...

Looks like our journey took 25 days, if I am counting right. Left Southampton on Nov 13th and will arrive at Port Hueneme on Dec 8th. Let's see if I can link the live page here, but it will only be useful for a few more weeks:
Asian King Vessel Details

You get to this by searching for your VIN on the WW site, then you can find a link to "Vessel Details" after your car is loaded. It's been very reassuring, as the dates have held true.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:30 PM
LOVESEXY
1st Gear
My original JCW CM order was placed October 15th! Still waiting, and waiting, and waiting patiently. She's finally on her way via Chesapeake Highway. I can't believe I am tracking this ship nearly everyday in anticipation! I can totally relate to this whole entire thread.....tick tock, tick tock, tick tock....I am hoping to get her with big red bow and all wrapped up for Christmas!!!! :-)

Old 12-07-2012, 08:00 PM
ernsign
2nd Gear
My vehicle is "in transit!" No info yet on the vessel. ww website still says "no records found" but I'll check again tomorrow - it may take a bit of time to update the online tracking info.

I don't want to suggest I'm TOTALLY enraptured with the idea of this emerging car...but each morning when I wake up I go through my first few days with it, first drive, first road trip, etc.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:52 PM
JoanieB
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ernsign
My vehicle is "in transit!" No info yet on the vessel. ww website still says "no records found" but I'll check again tomorrow - it may take a bit of time to update the online tracking info.

I don't want to suggest I'm TOTALLY enraptured with the idea of this emerging car...but each morning when I wake up I go through my first few days with it, first drive, first road trip, etc.
It's okay to admit it to this support group, we're all here for the same malady, more or less.

I'm lucky because I already have one MINI, that I love more than I ever expected to love a car.. is that okay to say? So waiting for the new MINI is mitigated by being able to drive the "old" (eighteen months old) one. You either know what it's like to just stand there and LOOK at your car, and get a really joyful feeling when you get to drive it...or you are anticipating those feelings.

Get yourself a nice set of washing and detailing items. Prepare to read the manual about five times, after you settle down a bit, because there is a crazy lot of stuff to learn, and the manual is NOT helpful. It lists all of the options, even some international ones, and you have to figure out whether you have it or not. Sometimes, by going out and trying it. So be aware that you will be padding out into the dark night, furtively, in your slippers, to see if **your** parking lights can be illuminated on just one side, or not. Keep a flashlight next to your manual, because you will need it.

Then prepare to spend time personalizing the programming on BOTH key fobs, because otherwise you will wonder why your radio stations all went away (they are specific to the fob, so two drivers can have two sets of options on lots of things... radio stations, lights, lock or no lock, etc) If you ordered Sirius, you will have additional time messing with it, figuring out how to save stations and how to go from one screen to another. If you have the USB port, you can also use a flash drive for your music... cheap, fun, and easier than using your iPhone all the time. Plugs right in.

There are more doohickies and whoopteedoos on this car than you can believe, unless you already owned one similar. For those of us coming from old beater cars, it's like being handed the key to a space ship. For personalization it is quite the little car.

So dream on, Ernsign, and enjoy the anticipation!

Old 12-07-2012, 09:18 PM
ernsign
2nd Gear
JoanieB, Thanks for all that info! I did not know a lot of that stuff. I downloaded a 2012 manual I found online, it's on my IPad. I've perused it, but I have to admit, it is overwhelming. Cool about settings for two individual fobs! That is unexpected, and will really be useful in my household. You've inspired me to spend a little more quality time with my downloaded manual this weekend.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:29 PM
ernsign
2nd Gear
Dang! I just called OL again (automated) and it's back to "awaiting a shipping vessel." An hour ago it was "in transit." Calm, boy, calm. Deep breath. Pleasant thoughts.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:53 PM
JoanieB
5th Gear
The manual makes more sense after you have had your car for a while.

There are a few programming things that take some figuring out, or you can leave them on default. Your dealership sets the programming up before you pick the car up, maybe they set things up to be what most people like.

You said that you are dreaming about your first road trip...so, where will you go?

Old 12-07-2012, 10:05 PM
ernsign
2nd Gear
I think first trip is across the Golden Gate Bridge (I am in S.F.) Then to visit family in Northern California. Then to L.A. Then more family in Portland, and on into Canada. I think I'm supposed to "break it in" so I'm graduating my road trips in order of distance. You? First initial plans? That could be a thread in itself.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:33 PM
JoanieB
5th Gear
I think first trip is across the Golden Gate Bridge (I am in S.F.) Then to visit family in Northern California. Then to L.A. Then more family in Portland, and on into Canada. I think I'm supposed to "break it in" so I'm graduating my road trips in order of distance. You? First initial plans? That could be a thread in itself.
That's an impressive itinerary! Lots of bonding time.

We go to Santa Anita racetrack with our club in January (we are in San Diego) and then perhaps Laughlin, NV in March or so, where we hope to get over to the Grand Canyon. Of course, the Coupe is not going to hold all of us, so we will take two vehicles for that road trip, but the chance to drive on a portion of old Route 66 is a big part of going.

In the eighteen months that I have owned my MC (base model hard top), I have learned to be a better 'twisty' driver. We did a little side highway (the 74) right after I got her, and now after driving her in 'spirited' club runs, I can do that stretch of highway much more skillfully and with great enjoyment. Hubby has always been the co-pilot. Now the places will be switched... and we will see how hubby takes to twisties! Will *I* be the one to remind *him* that the car "does have brakes, you know!"? When he takes the turns, will I be gripping the "Oh ***** handle"?

Our cargo ship is less than fifty miles from port, now.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:58 PM
ernsign
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by JoanieB
That's an impressive itinerary! Lots of bonding time.

We go to Santa Anita racetrack with our club in January (we are in San Diego) and then perhaps Laughlin, NV in March or so, where we hope to get over to the Grand Canyon. Of course, the Coupe is not going to hold all of us, so we will take two vehicles for that road trip, but the chance to drive on a portion of old Route 66 is a big part of going.

In the eighteen months that I have owned my MC (base model hard top), I have learned to be a better 'twisty' driver. We did a little side highway (the 74) right after I got her, and now after driving her in 'spirited' club runs, I can do that stretch of highway much more skillfully and with great enjoyment. Hubby has always been the co-pilot. Now the places will be switched... and we will see how hubby takes to twisties! Will *I* be the one to remind *him* that the car "does have brakes, you know!"? When he takes the turns, will I be gripping the "Oh ***** handle"?

Our cargo ship is less than fifty miles from port, now.
JoanieB - Sounds like too much fun, if that is possible. Cannot wait to hear about your first impressions of Jasper and the photos!

Old 12-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Jake C6R
3rd Gear
Some Progess for my OCD...

I was scheduled for production for 11/26 but it looks like that changed...I called the automated number this morning and got the message - your vehicle is in production with a estimated completion date of 12/19.

Of course I'm already looking ahead to the next ship available (Fidelio on 12/30) and thinking should be delivered right at the end of January. So if it all plays out, it will be roughly 3 months from order to delivery! A bit longer than most but progress!!!

Thanks all for listening to my whining and I am happy everyone seems to be getting their rides pretty quickly!

Old 12-08-2012, 09:58 AM
MotorWorf
4th Gear
OL Automated Yesterday: At port awaiting a ship.
ww website: still says "no records found"
K-Line: ???

Sleuthing today: 2 ships in port are the Athens Highway (K-Line) estimated departure tomorrow to ???? and the Morning Melody (no info). No WW vessels are currently in port at Southampton, but the Tamesis is scheduled to depart Southampton on Dec 12 so it should be coming in soon (arrives Baltimore Dec 21). The WW vessel Integrity is scheduled to depart Southampton on Dec 14 so it too should be arriving in Southampton soon (arrives Baltimore Dec 26).

Has anyone figured out how to see what ports the K-Line vessels are scheduled to arrive at?

Last edited by MotorWorf; 12-08-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Mazza
1st Gear
I think first trip is across the Golden Gate Bridge.
Mine will be over the Martinez Bridge. Not quite as iconic! But it will be on the way home, so kind of unavoidable.

Just drove across the Carquinez and the fog looks fantastic over the bay and Mount Tam this a.m.

My ALL4 will be here in about a week on Bess! Absolute black w/white roof, sunroof, and black jack. I don't know if I'll name it, but when I'm driving it I've decided I'll become Ria Parkinson 2.0, without the haircut.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Kurtster
4th Gear
Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
My MA told me mine would come into NJ but I don't see that as a destination on the WW site. Maybe NY?

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group