1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 01:32 PM
brownisland
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DianaUT06
That was fast! Mine is supposed to get dropped off in Brunswick, GA...soon!
Originally Posted by spinlock
I'm being dropped off in GA as well. Lets hope it's the 12th!
Yay!!! class of Chesapeake Highway nearing graduation!!

Old 12-09-2012, 01:35 PM
M'Cooper
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jake C6R
Congrats on the order! There are a lot of good ideas in this thread to keep you busy while you wait but still it won't be easy! You could start reading the owners manual cover to cover...LOL
lol I didn't think of that but I probably will now haha. When I loged in with my order number I got worried at first becuase it asked if my car was a lightning blue MCS hard top, but the MA stated thats normal and not to panic. He said the sustem doesn't know what the car is yet but as it starts the process it will become my car.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:58 PM
DianaUT06
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by M'Cooper
lol I didn't think of that but I probably will now haha. When I loged in with my order number I got worried at first becuase it asked if my car was a lightning blue MCS hard top, but the MA stated thats normal and not to panic. He said the sustem doesn't know what the car is yet but as it starts the process it will become my car.
Haha this happened to me too. When I first pulled it up it was the wrong color and said it was an automatic...

Old 12-09-2012, 03:18 PM
M'Cooper
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My production status changed from the random Mini it was to my build now

Old 12-09-2012, 06:40 PM
amancuso
5th Gear
Originally Posted by M'Cooper
My production status changed from the random Mini it was to my build now
Get used to it... It will happen several times during your wait.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:20 AM
GlazerFL
1st Gear
BAD NEWS! I was not able to take my Mini home this weekend. When we ordered our Mini, one of the main options we had wanted, navigation, was overlooked. Totally our fault. Navigation can not be added after the fact. Good News: The dealership said they would go ahead and sell the car we had ordered. They couldn't have been nicer about the whole situation. Bad News: We need to wait another month and a half for a new car to be built.

I didn't graduate, but I get to go through the whole tracking process again. The car that was wrong was so beautiful. I was able to sit in her for a few minutes. This time is going to be so much harder to wait.

Ordered: Dec. 8, Prod. Start: ?, Born: ?, In Transit: ?, VDC: ?, Est. Delivery: ?, Pickup: ?
2013 Cooper S Hardtop - Eclipse Grey w/ Black Stripes

Last edited by GlazerFL; 12-10-2012 at 07:32 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:48 AM
kipkipper
1st Gear
My MINI is also getting dropped off in Georgia... just a couple more days!!

Did a quick map check, it's only about a six hour drive from the port to Raliegh, NC (where I ordered the car.) My MA says it takes about 10 days from port to the dealership!!! I'm really hoping that is not the case, but rather of him playing it safe for expectation management purposes.

I have spoken with my dealerships finance manager. He gave me the menu of different warranties and maintenance options. What's every's take on extended warranties/maintenance plans and the like?

Old 12-10-2012, 11:33 AM
spinlock
2nd Gear
Old 12-10-2012, 04:51 PM
ernsign
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GlazerFL
BAD NEWS! I was not able to take my Mini home this weekend. When we ordered our Mini, one of the main options we had wanted, navigation, was overlooked. Totally our fault. Navigation can not be added after the fact. Good News: The dealership said they would go ahead and sell the car we had ordered. They couldn't have been nicer about the whole situation. Bad News: We need to wait another month and a half for a new car to be built.

I didn't graduate, but I get to go through the whole tracking process again. The car that was wrong was so beautiful. I was able to sit in her for a few minutes. This time is going to be so much harder to wait.

Ordered: Dec. 8, Prod. Start: ?, Born: ?, In Transit: ?, VDC: ?, Est. Delivery: ?, Pickup: ?
GlazerFL, I almost did the same thing. I 100% intended to order a sun roof, and truly thought I had. The next day, a coworker convinced me to add a package, so when I called up to add the package, I was told, "Yes," and then, "You now also have a sun roof." So I dodged a bullet there because I would have gone to pick up my baby, and...Whoa! No sun roof!!???!!!

So I totally sympathize, I know how it can happen. Your car will be all the sweeter for the extra wait, I'm sure.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:20 PM
brownisland
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kipkipper
My MINI is also getting dropped off in Georgia... just a couple more days!!

Did a quick map check, it's only about a six hour drive from the port to Raliegh, NC (where I ordered the car.) My MA says it takes about 10 days from port to the dealership!!! I'm really hoping that is not the case, but rather of him playing it safe for expectation management purposes.

I have spoken with my dealerships finance manager. He gave me the menu of different warranties and maintenance options. What's every's take on extended warranties/maintenance plans and the like?
Here's what some people say
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...intenance.html

I personally live very far from any Mini dealership... closest one being 120 miles out.
So I don't think I'll get it unless I move somewhere close.

I think extended maintenance will be great... it's super good value.
extended warranty? maybe....

I'm not gonna buy anything when I sign since I can get the extended warranties anytime before the standard one expires. So you can actually see if you use the service or not and then decide later.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:41 PM
amancuso
5th Gear
Originally Posted by GlazerFL

Whoa! Thats crazy. I almost missed out on a few options, but the number 1 option on mine was the Connected/Nav, it makes the car/interior feel much more high tech/classy. Coupled that with the English Oak trim and Toffee Color Line, I LOVE it.
Name:  IMG_1611.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  237.3 KB

Old 12-10-2012, 05:56 PM
fvfvsix
1st Gear
Hi all - I officially think I need a support group

This MINI is a gift for my wife, and she has no idea it's coming. Luckily, she's not a forum reader. Long story short, she had an R53 that we decided to sell rather than fork out repair money for, and she's missed it ever since.

Things seem to be moving quickly, but it's hard to resist letting the cat out of the bag. I ordered it on 11/20, build completion date was 12/6, and she left Southampton on the Zenith Leader early this morning. It'll be a long voyage to Port Hueneme (due to arrive 1/2), so I've gotta resist the urge to stare endlessly at marinetraffic.com (fascinating site).

So there... I've told someone That'll hold me for a couple of weeks at least.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:11 PM
amancuso
5th Gear
Originally Posted by fvfvsix
Hi all - I officially think I need a support group

This MINI is a gift for my wife, and she has no idea it's coming. Luckily, she's not a forum reader. Long story short, she had an R53 that we decided to sell rather than fork out repair money for, and she's missed it ever since.

Things seem to be moving quickly, but it's hard to resist letting the cat out of the bag. I ordered it on 11/20, build completion date was 12/6, and she left Southampton on the Zenith Leader early this morning. It'll be a long voyage to Port Hueneme (due to arrive 1/2), so I've gotta resist the urge to stare endlessly at marinetraffic.com (fascinating site).

So there... I've told someone That'll hold me for a couple of weeks at least.
Welcome FV! The wait is the hardest part, but so worth it. What did you order?

Old 12-10-2012, 06:15 PM
fvfvsix
1st Gear
Originally Posted by amancuso
Welcome FV! The wait is the hardest part, but so worth it. What did you order?
I just added it to my sig line. It'll be hard to pass the keys along

Old 12-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Kurtster
4th Gear
Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
OMG it's killing me. Knowing the next boat to NYC doesn't pick up for six more days and that my car is going to sit there for six days while I twiddle my thumbs is excruciating. Six days the dealer could have been getting it picture perfect. Six days earlier that I could have driven it. Even worse, if I don't get it until Jan. 1, I'm off to Vegas for a whole week at the CES show starting Jan. 6 so I will have had less than a full week with it before being without it another week. There will be drinking in Vegas.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:35 PM
JoanieB
5th Gear
Here, Kurtster, a hug and a stiff eggnog. You're going to make it. Just hang in there.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:53 AM
amancuso
5th Gear
Originally Posted by fvfvsix
I just added it to my sig line. It'll be hard to pass the keys along
Very nice!

Originally Posted by Kurtster
OMG it's killing me. Knowing the next boat to NYC doesn't pick up for six more days and that my car is going to sit there for six days while I twiddle my thumbs is excruciating. Six days the dealer could have been getting it picture perfect. Six days earlier that I could have driven it. Even worse, if I don't get it until Jan. 1, I'm off to Vegas for a whole week at the CES show starting Jan. 6 so I will have had less than a full week with it before being without it another week. There will be drinking in Vegas.
JCW owners seem to have a longer wait than the rest of us.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:09 AM
WilliamRobert
1st Gear
Joined the ranks of the waiting 11/19

Hi All,
I started waiting middle of Nov for a white silver S convertible with silver stripes. Nothing special, a manual with sport and open packages and a few extras, black housing xenon lights, white turn signals, black driving lights, auto dimming mirrors, satalite grey interior and such. Got a call from the MA yesterday and was told that the car was loaded on the athens highway and should be at the dealership by the 28 of Dec, Santa's runnin a little late but thats ok, it might be an early new years gift

Old 12-11-2012, 06:33 AM
amancuso
5th Gear
Originally Posted by WilliamRobert
Hi All,
I started waiting middle of Nov for a white silver S convertible with silver stripes. Nothing special, a manual with sport and open packages and a few extras, black housing xenon lights, white turn signals, black driving lights, auto dimming mirrors, satalite grey interior and such. Got a call from the MA yesterday and was told that the car was loaded on the athens highway and should be at the dealership by the 28 of Dec, Santa's runnin a little late but thats ok, it might be an early new years gift
Wish we had a "like" button on here.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:27 AM
spinlock
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by amancuso
Wish we had a "like" button on here.
*like*

Old 12-11-2012, 09:14 AM
cospringjc
Neutral
First Post

Been watching forum for a little while, love all the information, it is a great help while waiting for my first Mini.

I wanted to respond to fvfvsix. I also am comming across the pond on the Zenith Leader and you are correct that it is arriving Jan. 2nd. And that's great if you live in Panama but for the final destination of Port Huemen my MA emailed me yesterday and said it would be there Jan 13th I hope he's off by alot but it's all about the waiting.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:17 AM
ernsign
2nd Gear
Once again, my Countryman is stated to be "in transit" on the automated phone line. WW website says "no records found." Last time my car was stated to be "in transit" it was shortly thereafter stated to be back in port "awaiting a shipping vessel."

Hopefully this time it will stick.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:22 AM
ernsign
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by cospringjc
Been watching forum for a little while, love all the information, it is a great help while waiting for my first Mini.

I wanted to respond to fvfvsix. I also am comming across the pond on the Zenith Leader and you are correct that it is arriving Jan. 2nd. And that's great if you live in Panama but for the final destination of Port Huemen my MA emailed me yesterday and said it would be there Jan 13th I hope he's off by alot but it's all about the waiting.
cospringjc, I wonder if our cars are on the same ship.
Mine was listed "in transit" today on the automated line.
It is also going to Port Huemen. Maybe mine's arriving the same
day yours is....

Old 12-11-2012, 09:29 AM
cospringjc
Neutral
Awaiting Transit

If you go to https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage
and enter your VIN in the far Right box and search it should show what Ship your on. But you probably allready know this!

Forgot that Austria-based Magna Steyr assembles the Countryman in Graz, so your Mini is comming from Austria, not the UK so different Ship.

Last edited by cospringjc; 12-11-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:52 AM
fvfvsix
1st Gear
Originally Posted by cospringjc

I will preface this, with... yes, I'm obsessed with tracking a freaking ship...

I pulled the Zenith Leader's schedule from its operator (Premiership Limited)
http://www.premiership.ltd.uk/downlo...g_Schedule.pdf

They show that the boat reaches Panama on Dec 23rd, Hueneme on January 2nd, and San Deigo on January 3rd.

I'm going to put my faith in the people driving the boat

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group