1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 08:13 PM
brownisland
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by M'Cooper
Do they always put ordered cars on the showroom floor? Its sold so I can't see why other than to let other people rub against and get in.

If that's the case im not thrilled! not at all....
not at all. my dealership kept mine in the showroom but covered... they said it was very difficult to keep people away from it so they just covered it up.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:08 PM
GlazerFL
1st Gear
I was very happy to hear from my MA today, that my MCS made it onto the Chesapeake Highway on December 30th. The K-Line site is showing it should arrive in Brunswick on January 13th. Can't wait!

Ordered: Dec. 8, Prod. Start: Dec. 11, Born: Dec. 19, In Transit: Dec. 24?, VDC: ?, Est. Delivery: ?, Pickup: ?
2013 Cooper S Hardtop - Eclipse Grey w/ Black Stripes

Old 01-04-2013, 11:00 PM
Kurtster
4th Gear
Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
Finally got the rear wing and side stripes and all the carbon fiber bits and bobs installed. It was going to be delivered this way but shipping got it here barely in time for the Jan. 2 deadline for my Not Normal discount.

Only thing left is the two tiny stripes under the fixed wing but those will be done when I get back from CES. I'm happy having these be the last pics I post to this thread before I move on and make room for all the exciting new arrivals I see coming soon. Thanks everyone. I am loving it.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:25 AM
WilliamRobert
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Deli
Don't know why? It's cause they are all out test-driving your new car!!!
Probably so Deli, down in the quarter or over in algiers

Old 01-05-2013, 03:33 AM
WilliamRobert
1st Gear
Originally Posted by brownisland
not at all. my dealership kept mine in the showroom but covered... they said it was very difficult to keep people away from it so they just covered it up.
Well,
They got it in that morning and had to put the few things I asked for on so it didn't get pulled in till just before closeing and I'll be there as soon as possible this morn.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:37 AM
WilliamRobert
1st Gear
Originally Posted by brownisland
That is a sharp looking ride.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:48 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by weaf27
Nope, ordered mine on Dec 14th and got my production # (after a little more negotiating) the following week. Supposedly the factory such down a few days before Xmas and I've heard two different dates about when they will reopen. One being Jan 2nd and the other was Jan 8th but no confirmation on any of the dates.

Plus I have not seen any changes from anyone that relates to production which seems to backup the factory closing for the holidays.

Ordered mine on the 10th, It went into production a week later and is still sitting in production until vacation is over

Old 01-05-2013, 06:44 AM
M'Cooper
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I must have just made the cut off, I ordered on the 8th and it was done on the 18th and off to the port!

Old 01-05-2013, 09:32 AM
Deli
6th Gear
Ordered mine on the 15th (Coupe). Called ASK MINI yesterday; they said in 1-2 more weeks it will start production and I will get a number. I had understood that a number is assigned when production is scheduled, not when it is started. Now I'm simply confused.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Jake C6R
3rd Gear
Ordered mine on the 15th (Coupe). Called ASK MINI yesterday; they said in 1-2 more weeks it will start production and I will get a number. I had understood that a number is assigned when production is scheduled, not when it is started. Now I'm simply confused.
That is incorrect. I got a number right away but it was weeks before it got built.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:25 AM
Deli
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Jake C6R
That is incorrect. I got a number right away but it was weeks before it got built.
That's exactly what I thought. But I also understood that the ASK MINI line is the best source for information once an order is placed. It's surprising that they would give this type of response.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:08 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Still no production date after 6 weeks

They are saying it is a problem with Mini Convertibles. Something about parts. I've been given 2 different production numbers and finally received a VIN on 12/20. I was first told that the Mini I ordered on 11/29 would go into production on 12/17 and be delivered around 2/06/13. When the production status never changed on the 17th, 18th, 19th I started questioning my Sales guy. He then said there was a parts problem and gave me a new production number saying my mini would be delivered Mid-March. 5 weeks after orginally promised.

I'm being told that the entire factory closed for 3 weeks and that he has been unable to get any information.

So, are there any other Mini Convertible orders out there that have had similar problems??? I am beyond frustrated at this posing. Seems to me that 17 weeks to get a Mini is absolutely ridiculous.

Thanks everyone
Jamie

Old 01-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Deli
6th Gear
Maybe we should rename this thread "Those waiting for a 2013...or possibly 2014...Support Group"

Old 01-05-2013, 04:55 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Maybe we should rename this thread "Those waiting for a 2013...or possibly 2014...Support Group"
Deli, I think you might be on to something. We went into the dealership tonight. The owner wasn't in but the Sales Manager said something didn't seem right. Seeing as I have been renting a car (since my 2006 Mini's engine blew and I sold it) We are asking that the dealership give us a loaner since my Mini is going to take 17 weeks from order to delivery.

So frustrated. Thing is, there isn't any other car I want. Only a Mini will do!

Old 01-05-2013, 05:02 PM
greatgro
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gilmoregirls999
We are asking that the dealership give us a loaner since my Mini is going to take 17 weeks from order to delivery.
A loaner for 17 WEEKS?!

Old 01-05-2013, 05:41 PM
M'Cooper
3rd Gear
Wow I feel bad for you guys, that would really get me angry if I had to wait 17 weeks.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:17 PM
ernsign
2nd Gear
Another milestone. "Argo," my Mini Countryman, is now officially "at the distribution center." It had arrived this week via the Zenith Leader - there are at least three of us on this board who had arrivals from that ship. Getting closer. Was I right to go with the bonnet stripes? Maybe I should have opted for the Sports Package? Too late now, isn't it.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:34 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by greatgro
A loaner for 17 WEEKS?!
No, I have already been waiting for 7 weeks. They are telling me I have another 10 weeks to go. Delivery around Mid March. So since they messed up big time. A loaner car, instead of a rental car,would help make up for it. So bummed though. Had my heart set on driving it on February.

Old 01-06-2013, 02:55 AM
M'Cooper
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ernsign
Another milestone. "Argo," my Mini Countryman, is now officially "at the distribution center." It had arrived this week via the Zenith Leader - there are at least three of us on this board who had arrivals from that ship. Getting closer. Was I right to go with the bonnet stripes? Maybe I should have opted for the Sports Package? Too late now, isn't it.
I sometimes wonder about changes to the car as well. I somehow didn't see the pat that says since I chose the JCW exterior package I could get the sport suspension at no cost.....face palm on my part but owell.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:24 AM
JDPaddle
3rd Gear
ernsign, I second guessed a number of things. Ours accidently came without the bonnett stripes we wanted. Hood was very plain. Got the stripes added yesterday and wow what a difference. IMHO, you will not regret the stripes. Especially with Black Wheels. They will pick up that color and play off of it nicely. You could also play with some of the Black Jack detail items- flag on the roof/ sunroof, Mirror caps, Rear View. I like the Black Jack cause of its black and white and gray theme. Your car might go with that. Just another thing to think about.

I'll get pics up later. Have not been home with the car during daylight to get pics yet. Today is the day.
JD

Old 01-06-2013, 04:27 AM
JDPaddle
3rd Gear
Williamrobert- That car is HOT!

Old 01-06-2013, 05:08 AM
ernsign
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by JDPaddle
ernsign, I second guessed a number of things. Ours accidently came without the bonnett stripes we wanted. Hood was very plain. Got the stripes added yesterday and wow what a difference. IMHO, you will not regret the stripes. Especially with Black Wheels. They will pick up that color and play off of it nicely. You could also play with some of the Black Jack detail items- flag on the roof/ sunroof, Mirror caps, Rear View. I like the Black Jack cause of its black and white and gray theme. Your car might go with that. Just another thing to think about.

I'll get pics up later. Have not been home with the car during daylight to get pics yet. Today is the day.
JD
Thanks for your thoughts, JDPaddle. I am glad you like the bonnet stripes...I probably will too. I will be looking for your photos.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:22 AM
WilliamRobert
1st Gear
Originally Posted by JDPaddle
Williamrobert- That car is HOT!
Thanks JD
The 200 mile sprint back home was a blast!

Old 01-06-2013, 05:49 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
MA should be Responsible

Originally Posted by M'Cooper
I sometimes wonder about changes to the car as well. I somehow didn't see the pat that says since I chose the JCW exterior package I could get the sport suspension at no cost.....face palm on my part but owell.
My issue with things like that are the MA's responsibility and should be held accountable for them. Consider this: How often do people like ourselves "ORDER" cars that are so beyond custom compared to other cars in the market? Once in a lifetime for the majority of us. Who sees tons of orders all year long and (Should) fully understands the ordering system and what can and cannot be added to each model type? You MA, should! Who makes money selling custom ordered cars your MA and the Dealer and Mini/BMW plus keep in mind "Ordered" cars are not cars ordered for stock that the dealer has to pay finance charges on each month until sold which means "ordered" cars are more profitable for the dealer even if it isn't cash up front like one off the lot. From what I have read on these NAM pages, there are some GREAT Mini Dealers and some awesome MAs (that I hope are making a killing as they are doing an awesome job) but that is not at every Mini Dealer. Most Mini Dealers appear to do a good job and a few are just painful and sound like they either take advantage of customers or simply don't know how to do their job properly and could be replaced with a kiosk and a minimum wage employee taking orders. That is just my 2 cents.

This is my first order and if I ever order another one or one of my friends order a Mini I will walk them through everything they should before ordering and everything they should do to confirm the order is actually ordered and correctly the first time. As with everything in life it is a learning experience but sometimes I think the people how are making money from our learning should be better teachers.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:22 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Sorry but not sure what you can do.

Originally Posted by gilmoregirls999
No, I have already been waiting for 7 weeks. They are telling me I have another 10 weeks to go. Delivery around Mid March. So since they messed up big time. A loaner car, instead of a rental car,would help make up for it. So bummed though. Had my heart set on driving it on February.
I am still learning too but 17 weeks just seems insane although I do know when Mini first came out it was not unusual to wait 9 months or more to get a new Mini. I think the biggest issue that I seem to be learning that there are many good and bad things that can happen during an order. The biggest problem appears that the Dealers and Mini/BMW either do not like to inform the customers either because they don't want to or simply feel there are too many details to try to explain it properly to us since we are not in the business it may be difficult to fully grasp all the details without a full days training class.

Keep in mind we all have an extra 2 to 3 weeks that has been added to our orders due to Xmas and New Years and 3 to 4 weeks if you add T-Day too.

Good Luck and keep us informed. I am hoping your MA is simply under promising and will come through by delivering early to exceed expectations.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group