1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 08:39 AM
JDPaddle
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So here it is...

So here it is...

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-our-mini.jpg  
Old 01-06-2013, 08:48 AM
MotorWorf
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And another one finds a home, but this one is is in Chocolate.

Like our little baby in the Sig block

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-cocoa-front.jpg  

Last edited by MotorWorf; 01-06-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:22 AM
ernsign
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by JDPaddle
So here it is...
Really lovely, JDPaddle. You are right about the bonnet stripes! The green background you chose is perfect, too, for this photo. Thanks for showing us.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Jake C6R
3rd Gear
Getting Closer

JDPaddle congrats! Bet you are having a blast!

Gilmoregirls that is a really long wait. I don't understand why some cars go through fast and others don't. There are quite a few on here that ordered at the same time as me or later and are already driving theirs. Maybe it's a convertible thing and they do them in groups - mine was "scheduled for production" for quite a while but it did finally get built.

Maybe you can use this time to revisit all your option selections. Like other posters I realized too late about options I wish I would have selected, like the rear foglights. It's a cheap option and even if you don't use them I think it looks better with the lenses in there rather than the blank plugs I wish I would have payed more attention I don't think I even noticed that check box. Shoulda, coulda woulda....LOL

Old 01-06-2013, 10:24 AM
etidd01
4th Gear
As someone who finally broke down and test drove a 2012 Countryman S All4 yesterday (and absolutely loved it), I have a few questions for those that have placed orders for cars:

1) Do you secure financing at the time the order is placed?
2) Anyone here order a Countryman? Time frame from order to delivery?
3) For those that have placed orders, would you recommend the process?

I'm sort of in limbo as to whether I should buy a car now and take advantage of current offers or wait until my current car is officially dead (expected sometime this year).

Thanks for the input.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Verzasca
1st Gear
This thread title made me giggle. I can picture you all having weekly group therapy over this matter.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:43 PM
M'Cooper
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by etidd01
As someone who finally broke down and test drove a 2012 Countryman S All4 yesterday (and absolutely loved it), I have a few questions for those that have placed orders for cars:

I'm sort of in limbo as to whether I should buy a car now and take advantage of current offers or wait until my current car is officially dead (expected sometime this year).

Thanks for the input.
1) not usually, some may but mine didn't. I decided not to go thru mini finance anyway because they don't offer gap coverage but they deal with Bank of America and I got a great finance rate through them.

2) a few people did but I don't know how that process goes, there made in a different plant along with the BMW X1.

3) my reason for placing the order was no dealers had anything if my interest. I recommend doing it if you have the time in between to actually wait. I would go over a few builds on miniusa and really decided what you want. I was about to jump on a car on the lot but it didn't feel right, I decided to order and never thought different since.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:59 PM
ernsign
2nd Gear
etidd01, I did secure financing when I placed my order November 19. My MA said we will do that later, but she gave me the percentage of course. I ordered a Countryman, it is in the VDC in Los Angeles as of January 5, and I expect delivery in San Francisco in about a week. I loved the process of placing an order, getting exactly what I wanted (though I regret perhaps passing on a couple of options, now. ) They had cars in stock that were very close to what I wanted, and I could have driven away with one of them on November 19, but I am very glad I waited until now to get precisely what I want.

I hope that helps!

Old 01-06-2013, 02:56 PM
Deli
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Verzasca
This thread title made me giggle. I can picture you all having weekly group therapy over this matter.
It's daily, not weekly.

Old 01-06-2013, 03:44 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Order versus off the lot.

Thanks for the input.
First go to the website and check out ALL of the options:
- Find the options that you must have
- Find the options you aren't sure about (you can check them out on actual models at your local dealer)
- Find the options you you hate - I call them deal breakers like for me being in Florida I would never pay for the cold weather package or heated seats.

Once you know EXACTLY what you want - Search all dealers in a responsible distance - As I am in N. Florida mine are all of GA and FL. If you can find what you want, go negotiate the price and buy it.

If you can't find exactly what you want or if you are like most of us (me included) on this thread and you are picky and know EXACTLY what you want and as Mini is bit expensive you aren't willing to pay a dime more for anything less than EXACTLY what you want. ORDER IT!

Don't wait until your current car is dead as it can easily take 6 to 12 weeks on average to get your car (most are just over 8+ weeks). Spend as much time at your dealer test driving, asking questions about EVERYTHING (spend a ton of time reading on NAM you will learn a LOT) and verify every option you want and any you've considered or simply wonder about.

Once you are ready create your entire order online and print it out (go to edmunds and other sites to see what invoice versus MSRP is as you will need this information). Take the spec sheet to your dealer (do a lot of research about your dealer as some are really awesome while others are not and even the MA (sales person) can make a huge difference) have them print out a pre-order sheet (this is what you will sign when you order it and give a deposit on) Some dealers want $500 while others will ask for $2k and anywhere in the middle. Before you SIGN anything Negotiate the price you are willing to pay (don't sign yet). Once you are content with the price (most dealers from what I read on NAM will not discount much but supposedly the warranties can be very negotiable based on the dealer) verify they have an "ALLOCATION" available for your order. If they don't have one ask when they will or see if they can trade with another dealer to get one. The issue is you can place your order and if they don't have an allocation your new car will not be on "ORDER" until they get one which can be a week, a month or several month out based on how much business they do and how many other orders are in front of yours (they won't tell you this information in full). The key is do NOT sign anything until you have the price you want and they have an Allocation to fill your order request.

Worse case if you don't feel great about the entire deal it would most likely be worth driving 200 to 400 miles away to another Mini Dealer whom you can pre-negotiate everything over the phone before you do the final deal.

As for financing, Mini/BMW has a good deal with their current offers and once you apply they will hold the deal open for 60 days (although most dealers seem to say they will honor it for up to 90 days due to the ordering process.

GOOD LUCK.

Old 01-06-2013, 03:54 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Therapy

Originally Posted by Deli
It's daily, not weekly.
I log in about 3 times a day at minimum.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:52 PM
etidd01
4th Gear
Thanks!

Thanks to everyone for the advice and help. I have decided that I will be ordering my very own, but will wait a little bit longer before taking the plunge. I had a great experience at Mini of Baltimore yesterday which only added more fuel to my desire to own one. At 33, I'm finally going to get the exact car I want, not the one I have to get.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Jenovalente
Neutral
2013 Countryman

Just ordered a true blue base CM with cold weather package and premium 1 package. Yay!

Old 01-06-2013, 07:31 PM
ernsign
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Jenovalente
Just ordered a true blue base CM with cold weather package and premium 1 package. Yay!
Yay, Jenovalente!

Old 01-06-2013, 07:35 PM
Sapps
1st Gear

Thanks for the input.
I just received my Countryman! From order to pickup was only 5 weeks, but from reading on here and what others prepared me for thats rare, its usually 8 weeks. I gave a 1,000 deposit when I ordered it and did finance paperwork for it the day before I picked it up. MINI finance has 1.9% on Countryman's right now. The whole process was a breeze. MINI USA website makes it easy to visualize and all the prices are right there. It was a great experience. I ordered from Jerry Lee @ DryerReinbold in Indianapolis. http://www.dreyerreinboldmini.com/

Last edited by Sapps; 01-06-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:31 PM
ernsign
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Sapps
I just received my Countryman! From order to pickup was only 5 weeks, but from reading on here and what others prepared me for thats rare, its usually 8 weeks. I gave a 1,000 deposit when I ordered it and did finance paperwork for it the day before I picked it up. MINI finance has 1.9% on Countryman's right now. The whole process was a breeze. MINI USA website makes it easy to visualize and all the prices are right there. It was a great experience. I ordered from Jerry Lee @ DryerReinbold in Indianapolis. http://www.dreyerreinboldmini.com/
Sapps, Congratulations! May you have years of fun with your Countryman. If you jut got it today isn't that actually just one day shy of six weeks? Nov. 26 to Jan 6 is 41 days? I'm guessing you picked it up a few days go.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:03 AM
Deli
6th Gear
Congratulations! But is it possible to truly appreciate your new MINI if you waited less than six weeks for it?

Old 01-07-2013, 10:09 AM
Sapps
1st Gear
LOL thanks. oh I appreciate it alright! Sweet car. 35 days / 7 yep 5 weeks!

Old 01-07-2013, 12:17 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Jake C6R
JDPaddle congrats! Bet you are having a blast!

Gilmoregirls that is a really long wait. I don't understand why some cars go through fast and others don't. There are quite a few on here that ordered at the same time as me or later and are already driving theirs. Maybe it's a convertible thing and they do them in groups - mine was "scheduled for production" for quite a while but it did finally get built.

Maybe you can use this time to revisit all your option selections. Like other posters I realized too late about options I wish I would have selected, like the rear foglights. It's a cheap option and even if you don't use them I think it looks better with the lenses in there rather than the blank plugs I wish I would have payed more attention I don't think I even noticed that check box. Shoulda, coulda woulda....LOL
Thanks Jake C6R
I don't think there is any option I left off the order. Since I had a 2006 convertible Mini, I know what I wanted and loved all the new options to.

I ordered
Leather Lounge Championship Red stripe seats
Mini Connected w/Nav
Mini Wired package
Premium Package
Technology Package
Always Open Package
JCW Interior Package
JCW Exterior Package
17" cross spoke challenge wheels
Xenon headlights
Powerfolding mirrors
Auto-diming mirrors
Black headlight housing
Park distance control
Chili Red
Pretty much, the car is loaded. I didn't get the sport suspension because I read it makes the ride less comfortable. Seeing as I am not racing the car but using it every single day, I though having the more comfortable suspension was the way to go.

Do you think I missed anything I'm going wish I had added???
Thanks a bunch

Old 01-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Jake C6R
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by gilmoregirls999
Thanks Jake C6R
I don't think there is any option I left off the order. Since I had a 2006 convertible Mini, I know what I wanted and loved all the new options to.

I ordered
Mini Connected w/Nav
Mini Wired package
Premium Package
Technology Package
Always Open Package
JCW Interior Package
JCW Exterior Package
Xenon headlights
Powerfolding mirrors
Auto-diming mirrors
Black headlight housing
Park distance control
Chili Red
Pretty much, the car is loaded. I didn't get the sport suspension because I read it makes the ride less comfortable. Seeing as I am not racing the car but using it every single day, I though having the more comfortable suspension was the way to go.

Thanks a bunch
Wow you're not kidding - that thing is loaded! I can't wait to see it built!

In hindsight I would have ordered for mine the rear fog lights, JCW Sport Gauge and the Always Open Package (since I'm buying a wind deflector anyway, it's like free heated seats - duh). You already got the always open package which is a smart choice IMO. I would think about the center armrest and the red rooster color line, but those are certainly just personal preference items. I think you got everything covered!

Old 01-07-2013, 01:32 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Jake C6R
Wow you're not kidding - that thing is loaded! I can't wait to see it built!

In hindsight I would have ordered for mine the rear fog lights, JCW Sport Gauge and the Always Open Package (since I'm buying a wind deflector anyway, it's like free heated seats - duh). You already got the always open package which is a smart choice IMO. I would think about the center armrest and the red rooster color line, but those are certainly just personal preference items. I think you got everything covered!

So funny you should mention those, I did get the Red Rooster color line. I didn't think I would like it until i saw one and OMG, I feel in love with it. I do have the center arm rest. and I ALMOST got the sport gauge. I am so tempted to add it!!!!! I will defintiely add the rear fog though. Thanks so much for your input!

Old 01-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Jake C6R
3rd Gear
So funny you should mention those, I did get the Red Rooster color line. I didn't think I would like it until i saw one and OMG, I feel in love with it. I do have the center arm rest. and I ALMOST got the sport gauge. I am so tempted to add it!!!!! I will defintiely add the rear fog though. Thanks so much for your input!
Haha great minds think alike, looks like ours will be twins LOL. Except you got the leather seats - very nice indeed. That is going to be a show stopper!

Old 01-07-2013, 04:47 PM
ernsign
2nd Gear
Yikes. MA texted wants to know if I can come by Wednesday, asking if I know where my Countryman is, and smiley face, smiley face. I'm leaving town tomorrow for several days! That may change, my schedule is not carved in stone. But the thought of my "Argo" sitting at the dealer, wondering if I even care enough to come pick it up. The thought!

Old 01-07-2013, 05:31 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ernsign
Yikes. MA texted wants to know if I can come by Wednesday, asking if I know where my Countryman is, and smiley face, smiley face. I'm leaving town tomorrow for several days! That may change, my schedule is not carved in stone. But the thought of my "Argo" sitting at the dealer, wondering if I even care enough to come pick it up. The thought!
So super excited for you!!!!

Old 01-07-2013, 06:11 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Very, Very nice.

Thanks Jake C6R

I ordered
Mini Connected w/Nav
Mini Wired package
Premium Package
Technology Package
Always Open Package
JCW Interior Package
JCW Exterior Package
Xenon headlights
Powerfolding mirrors
Auto-diming mirrors
Black headlight housing
Park distance control
Chili Red

Thanks a bunch
This makes me understand why in another thread someone was asking if you could sleep in a Mini. With it loaded like this it should come with collapsible seats and a small mattress that unfolds on top of it all.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group