1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 07:23 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by weaf27
Dying for Mini Factory to reopen but getting kind of scared with all the 02/06 "Scheduled for production" dates I keep seeing. Is many scheduled to build anything between Jan 21st and Feb 5th? I just wish the 21st would get hear already and be over to see if anything changes for anyone. And to think the Mini employees are probably wishing the 21st would never arrive so they can enjoy more time off as they are union and probably still getting paid the same as any other holiday off.
I'm right there with you Deli!!!!

Old 01-18-2013, 09:41 AM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
Dying for Mini Factory to reopen but getting kind of scared with all the 02/06 "Scheduled for production" dates I keep seeing. Is mini scheduled to build anything between Jan 21st and Feb 5th? I just wish the 21st would get hear already and be over to see if anything changes for anyone. And to think the Mini employees are probably wishing the 21st would never arrive so they can enjoy more time off as they are union and probably still getting paid the same as any other holiday off.

Having worked for FOMOCO in Britain in the '70's, I can assure you they are not getting paid. If they were, why would that upset you and make you think they wouldn't want to go back to work. You shouldn't judge others by your own standards, methinks.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:54 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Dying for Mini Factory to reopen but getting kind of scared with all the 02/06 "Scheduled for production" dates I keep seeing. Is mini scheduled to build anything between Jan 21st and Feb 5th? I just wish the 21st would get hear already and be over to see if anything changes for anyone. And to think the Mini employees are probably wishing the 21st would never arrive so they can enjoy more time off as they are union and probably still getting paid the same as any other holiday off.
I sure as heck wouldn't mind a month’s vacation Is it bad that I have already logged into the OL, NAM, and checked my personal email to see if the owner of the dealership has gotten back to me? Yep, overly obsessed for sure!!!!

Old 01-18-2013, 09:55 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Twstgrp

Having worked for FOMOCO in Britain in the '70's, I can assure you they are not getting paid. If they were, why would that upset you and make you think they wouldn't want to go back to work. You shouldn't judge others by your own standards, methinks.
This is a friendly non-judgemental forum where we all feel comfortable to write our minds and at time express our frustrated, anxious excitement We are all just on pins & needles awaiting the plant to open so we can get some news. No harm, no foul!! Be happy --- enjoy your Friday!

Last edited by gilmoregirls999; 01-18-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:05 AM
///Chris
2nd Gear
Well, I don't even have a "scheduled for production" date yet, I'm still "on order".

I'm sure there's a huge backlog of orders that are prioritized if the factory has indeed been closed the past month. I'll bet an extra two or three weeks at least will be tacked on to my order, and I haven't heard anything from my MA yet regarding that.

Chris

Old 01-18-2013, 11:14 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Twstgrp

First the 70's was over 30+ years ago and times have changed a lot!
We are both assuming about the pay part as most companies now days especially union staff are compensated when their leave is extended beyond normal paid time off. Half of the company I work with is union and the other half is not and the union side gets a few more perks when it comes to getting paid when unscheduled time off is required due to a closure or change in plant operations.

As for JUDGING, I RARELY JUDGE anyone I just know after an extended paid (assumed) vacation most people aren't exactly excited about it ending as most of us work so we can have a life and enjoy time with family and friends. I know if I was having a good time and getting compensated for time-in with a company (meaning I'd earned that right) I would love for it to go as long as possible. Everyone is different it was simply a perspective that you disagree with not a judge and jury from me. I try to see everything from at least 3 perspectives. And before you get grumpy keep in mind if they are getting paid, did I say anything in reference to them not deserving it? No as anyone who works hard for a living and a company sets goals that they exceed deserves a pat on the back and if an extended paid vacation was the pat on the back then great. (Still assuming about the paid part)

Many of us are new to the whole ordering thing and are a bit frustrated with the lack of information and some lack of honest information both during and after the ordering process so please understand if you are use to all this, most of us are not. It is frustrating not to know anything or very, very little. What some of us were told and what actually has happened up to this point are almost night and day while others it is simply a shade of grey. We are all in this thread based on we are all "waiting for a 2013" Mini.

Edited: Note if you were not aware Mini/BMW exceeded sales and production goals in 2012.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:30 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
First the 70's was over 30+ years ago and times have changed a lot!
We are both assuming about the pay part as most companies now days especially union staff are compensated when their leave is extended beyond normal paid time off. Half of the company I work with is union and the other half is not and the union side gets a few more perks when it comes to getting paid when unscheduled time off is required due to a closure or change in plant operations.

As for JUDGING, I RARELY JUDGE anyone I just know after an extended paid (assumed) vacation most people aren't exactly excited about it ending as most of us work so we can have a life and enjoy time with family and friends. I know if I was having a good time and getting compensated for time-in with a company (meaning I'd earned that right) I would love for it to go as long as possible. Everyone is different it was simply a perspective that you disagree with not a judge and jury from me. I try to see everything from at least 3 perspectives. And before you get grumpy keep in mind if they are getting paid, did I say anything in reference to them not deserving it? No as anyone who works hard for a living and a company sets goals that they exceed deserves a pat on the back and if an extended paid vacation was the pat on the back then great. (Still assuming about the paid part)

Many of us are new to the whole ordering thing and are a bit frustrated with the lack of information and some lack of honest information both during and after the ordering process so please understand if you are use to all this, most of us are not. It is frustrating not to know anything or very, very little. What some of us were told and what actually has happened up to this point are almost night and day while others it is simply a shade of grey. We are all in this thread based on we are all "waiting for a 2013" Mini.

Edited: Note if you were not aware Mini/BMW exceeded sales and production goals in 2012.
Well said, well said!

Old 01-18-2013, 11:31 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ///Chris
Well, I don't even have a "scheduled for production" date yet, I'm still "on order".

I'm sure there's a huge backlog of orders that are prioritized if the factory has indeed been closed the past month. I'll bet an extra two or three weeks at least will be tacked on to my order, and I haven't heard anything from my MA yet regarding that.

Chris
I feel for you Chris!!! Keep calling your dealer! Daily!!

Old 01-18-2013, 11:51 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
All is good.

Originally Posted by ///Chris

Chris
I know you are still a little newer to the group but if twstgrp is right everyone will be so excited to be back to work and getting paid that things should be faster than normal as they are expected to exceed 2012 goals which means they will have to get things completed a bit faster compared to last year's pace. Plus since you ordered an R56 they can probably build them in their sleep as they have been doing those for almost 7 years from my understanding as they are changing to an F56 for next years builds with a powerful 3 banger.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:25 PM
///Chris
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by gilmoregirls999
I feel for you Chris!!! Keep calling your dealer! Daily!!
Oh I do - and I'm sure they're going to be cursing my name in their sleep soon enough! Ha.

And good info about the R56 - they definitely should be able to do those in their sleep.

I'm interested in that article linked from the Irvine dealership...they mentioned that they were swapping in new equipment for the F56, I wonder if that equipment will be doing double duty with the R56 until the F is released...or if they now have a crammed full factory with twice as much machinery. I can't see it being financially reasonable to get new machines that handle the old moulds...but maybe that's easier than I think.

Chris

Old 01-18-2013, 01:08 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
If you are Mini obsessed and stressed about waiting I've found another thing to do when you can't take your mind off your future Mini. Look to the top left of this webpage and you will see the latest posts in other threads and if one or more interests you just open them in new tabs (I usually open a ton of them). I've found myself reading for hours and learning a lot about Mini and info that will help me with my specific model. Lots of really nice and helpful people out there willing to share and help other Mini owners. Already did the shopping (still window shopping but the R/C Antenna will have to go when I get my Mini, didn't have an issue with it until someone compared it to a remote control car), been riding my bike a lot, working a TON extra (day gig and own business) and anything else I can find to get my mind off the waiting part. Taking the kids to a big Reptile show this weekend which should help me relax for at least a few hours.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:18 PM
martincohn
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just got the call. "Come pick up your MINI!" Wife is too excited. Luckly she was off today and we will head over right after work.

Guess after that only thing left to do is post pics and go rack up some miles.

Last edited by martincohn; 01-18-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:23 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Excited for you both.

Originally Posted by martincohn
Just got the call. "Come pick you your MINI!" Wife is too excited. Luckly she was off today and we will head over right after work.

Congratulations!
Isn't it awesome to see someone so happy especially when they are family.
Go enjoy but we will be expecting lots of great photo (TYA - Thank you in Advance)

Old 01-18-2013, 01:27 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Just got the call. "Come pick you your MINI!" Wife is too excited. Luckly she was off today and we will head over right after work.

YAY!!! A family welcoming home a new baby!!! Please post some pics so we can all enjoy her!!!

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!

Old 01-18-2013, 01:35 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
If you are Mini obsessed and stressed about waiting I've found another thing to do when you can't take your mind off your future Mini. Look to the top left of this webpage and you will see the latest posts in other threads and if one or more interests you just open them in new tabs (I usually open a ton of them). I've found myself reading for hours and learning a lot about Mini and info that will help me with my specific model. Lots of really nice and helpful people out there willing to share and help other Mini owners. Already did the shopping (still window shopping but the R/C Antenna will have to go when I get my Mini, didn't have an issue with it until someone compared it to a remote control car), been riding my bike a lot, working a TON extra (day gig and own business) and anything else I can find to get my mind off the waiting part. Taking the kids to a big Reptile show this weekend which should help me relax for at least a few hours.

Gents~
I've found there is nothing more fun than finding new accessories for "my someday to be delivered" Mini while I patiently wait. I already have a bling license plate but just ordered the emblems and the S (in Cooper S) to be blinged out a bit too. (nothing gaudy just a little sparkle)

And now I am trying to figure out how to get the fog lamps added (so should of ordered those when I had the chance). Since my Mini is "In production" per my MA, I can't modify my order. BTW, they have been saying she has been "In-Production since December 17th. They must really be paying some special attention to her -- maybe hand making all the parts from scratch. hahahaha

My husband sent the MA an email today stating the following:

"We keep hearing “it’s in production” but I deal with manufacturing on a daily/hourly basis. A car or anything else requiring assembly is NEVER placed into production without ALL parts being available. No manufacturer has an area to put partial completions!! Either it’s in production being assembled or its awaiting parts but NOT both."

So that hopefully they will let me modify her since there is no way she has been "In production all this time! Awaiting a response??!!??!!??!!

Old 01-18-2013, 01:43 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
I know you are still a little newer to the group but if twstgrp is right everyone will be so excited to be back to work and getting paid that things should be faster than normal as they are expected to exceed 2012 goals which means they will have to get things completed a bit faster compared to last year's pace. Plus since you ordered an R56 they can probably build them in their sleep as they have been doing those for almost 7 years from my understanding as they are changing to an F56 for next years builds with a powerful 3 banger.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:52 PM
PFSIII
1st Gear

Congratulations! ENJOY!!!

Old 01-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Jake C6R
3rd Gear

Congratulations on the soon to be delivered Mini! That is great!

Meanwhile the purchases continue - and the car is not here yet...
Black out JCW grill trim and headlight trim rings
Black out tailight surrounds (back ordered)
Wind screen (with checkered flag pouches of course, LOL)
Cravenspeed dipstick
JCW license plate frames
Mini hats and T-shirts X 2 each
Die cast mini convertible
Even more detailing supplies
and the shopping continues - this thing better get here soon or there is no telling when this madness will end...

Old 01-18-2013, 02:28 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Jake C6R

Cravenspeed dipstick
JCW license plate frames
and the shopping continues - this thing better get here soon or there is no telling when this madness will end...
You need to add to "bells - whistles"....continue to be purchased!

Too much fun!!!!

Old 01-18-2013, 02:32 PM
PFSIII
1st Gear

Gents~
I've found there is nothing more fun than finding new accessories for "my someday to be delivered" Mini while I patiently wait.
...and the shopping continues - this thing better get here soon or there is no telling when this madness will end...
I told myself I'd use this time to augment the money I'd set aside for a down payment. You two are being a very bad influence

Old 01-18-2013, 02:32 PM
M'Cooper
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im glad you got yours, hope you enjoy it

As for mine, I give up and really just don't care anymore since all I get now is angry.

When I get the call I get the call, I have no idea where it is even.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:17 PM
weaf27
4th Gear

Cravenspeed dipstick
JCW license plate frames
Wow...can you say shopping spree...

Old 01-18-2013, 03:22 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Fog Lamps

Gents~
I've found there is nothing more fun than finding new accessories for "my someday to be delivered" Mini while I patiently wait. I already have a bling license plate but just ordered the emblems and the S (in Cooper S) to be blinged out a bit too. (nothing gaudy just a little sparkle)

And now I am trying to figure out how to get the fog lamps added (so should of ordered those when I had the chance). Since my Mini is "In production" per my MA, I can't modify my order. BTW, they have been saying she has been "In-Production since December 17th. They must really be paying some special attention to her -- maybe hand making all the parts from scratch. hahahaha

My husband sent the MA an email today stating the following:

"We keep hearing “it’s in production” but I deal with manufacturing on a daily/hourly basis. A car or anything else requiring assembly is NEVER placed into production without ALL parts being available. No manufacturer has an area to put partial completions!! Either it’s in production being assembled or its awaiting parts but NOT both."

So that hopefully they will let me modify her since there is no way she has been "In production all this time! Awaiting a response??!!??!!??!!
If you are talking about the cool round ones that go on the front grill those are dealer installed and already in dealer inventory. If you are talking about the ones that are built-in then you are right it is either in production or it isn't.

When I called my MA about adding the Fog Lights he told me my MA was in production and told him, HOW? They are on Xmas vacation and the factory is closed. He agreed to try to add them without any guarantee they would get added. The next day they were showing up on the Mini Lounge under my production #. So tell your MA...you understand they are building it already but if he could simply add them without a guarantee they will get added and to send you the production sheet showing it so you can "sign" to "agree" plus this way you see them on the build sheet. The next day check your production # in the Mini Lounge...I bet they are on there.

You need to get him to add them before Monday just in case they actually do start work on it the day they open. Plus hell if they take really are handcrafting it they will have plenty of time to throw in a few more parts anyways.

Last edited by weaf27; 01-18-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:41 PM
Kleiner
1st Gear
I'm just hoping for a production date come Monday...

Old 01-18-2013, 05:46 PM
Jake C6R
3rd Gear
Wow...can you say shopping spree...
Weaf I need help

I am using these purchases to deal with no Mini yet.

I know it's wrong, but I can't help myself!

Actually as Gilmoregirls said it is quite fun

PFSIII look at it as your own personal effort to stimulate the economy and support all the Mini vendors out there! OK that's a lame excuse, let's just not tell my wife, I get home before she does and get the UPS and USPS packages so there is really no need to bother her with that information....

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group