1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 09:18 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by weaf27
Not sure if that guy got the world best MA or most us just pulled the short straw?
Group, I need support. I recently asked the owner of my dealership If I could add rear fog lights to my order. Since it has been almost 2 months since I placed my order, one would figure I could add something, right??

This is his response:
Hello Jamie,
I am still awaiting some feedback from the factory to give better explanations regarding your order. As far as your order, it is in production status and does not allow me at my level to make any modifications. I am working on this diligently and am at the mercy of the factory. I can place another order if you like and see if that will be on the same timeline?

I will update you as soon as I hear back from them. Thank you so much for your patience.

Peter

Please help me not lose it with him. Seriously, place a new order are you flippin kidding me?>>> Losing all faith in Crevier of Santa Ana, So disgusted!!!!:m ad:

Old 01-19-2013, 10:21 PM
///Chris
2nd Gear
Well...if you don't have a production date, you might as well place a second order with the new options - there's no obligation to the dealer, plus there's no way he'd make you put a deposit down on that.

They'd be likely to go into production at the same time once all the issues are worked out. OR, he may be able to swap prod numbers with the old order so the build the way you now want it gets built.

It may be a blessing in disguise!

From reading these posts, it really seems like a number of dealers are only slightly less in the dark than us.

Originally Posted by gilmoregirls999
Group, I need support. I recently asked the owner of my dealership If I could add rear fog lights to my order. Since it has been almost 2 months since I placed my order, one would figure I could add something, right??

This is his response:
Hello Jamie,
I am still awaiting some feedback from the factory to give better explanations regarding your order. As far as your order, it is in production status and does not allow me at my level to make any modifications. I am working on this diligently and am at the mercy of the factory. I can place another order if you like and see if that will be on the same timeline?

I will update you as soon as I hear back from them. Thank you so much for your patience.

Peter

Please help me not lose it with him. Seriously, place a new order are you flippin kidding me?>>> Losing all faith in Crevier of Santa Ana, So disgusted!!!!:m ad:

Old 01-20-2013, 06:06 AM
Deli
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ///Chris
Well...if you don't have a production date, you might as well place a second order with the new options - there's no obligation to the dealer, plus there's no way he'd make you put a deposit down on that.
Be careful with this...especially if you are claiming that you want the more favorable interest rates due to the dealer delays. Your changing the configs and trying to reorder/swap production dates could be pinned on you. Just sayin...

Old 01-20-2013, 06:08 AM
KermitClin
1st Gear
I agree with what Chris said. I definitely understand all your frustrations so far. It appears to me, from the way the letter was written, that the owner is trying to do something to help you. In this particular instance I would ask him about your concerns for prolonging your wait if you place a new order. But I would (sternly) express your displeasure with your experience with them again and tell him that you will be calling him daily to follow up on his progress and to see just how "diligently" he is working on your request.
It doesn't seem like such a tall order to me if the plant has been closed the last month. Wouldn't there be someone he could call at the plant who has access to the system to make an adjustment to an order when the MA/owner can't? It seems like there should be!

Good Luck! I'll be waiting to see how it all turns out for you.

This is his response:
Hello Jamie,

Peter

Old 01-20-2013, 07:28 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Status #

This is his response:
Hello Jamie,

Peter

Maybe this will help, ask him what the status # is?
Mine is status 112 and at that status I was told no changes could be made but my MA tried anyways and it took the changes without issues.
So maybe there is a status # where he really can't make changes and shockingly I wonder why he is having problems contacting them...maybe he now believes us that the main factory has been closed until tomorrow.

I think if you find out they really did build your car to a certain point but didn't finish before the factory closed I would be really annoyed but I guess some are probably sitting in that status. On the good side those cars will be completed very soon but still limbo is never a good status from most people's perspective.

I know I don't have to tell you this but do NOT give up your production #, no matter what. If they want to build two of your cars and see which gets here first then so be it but don't give up your time on the current #.

Last edited by weaf27; 01-20-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:11 PM
giantboy
1st Gear
looks like the antares leader is in US waters! woohoo!

Old 01-20-2013, 03:02 PM
GlazerFL
1st Gear
Finally I have some pictures. I just had to clean her before driving to work tomorrow. She has to look her best for meeting my co-workers.

Ordered: Dec. 8, Prod. Start: Dec. 11, Born: Dec. 19, In Transit: Dec. 30, VDC: Jan. 13, Est. Delivery: Jan. 17,
Pickup:
Jan. 17
2013 Cooper S Hardtop "Eve" - Eclipse Grey w/ Black Stripes

Old 01-20-2013, 03:10 PM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Very Sharp Glazer!! Co-workers will be jealous!

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring

Last edited by blknblu; 01-20-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:47 PM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Question?

Do you guys and gals have your vin#'s yet?

Old 01-20-2013, 04:04 PM
KermitClin
1st Gear
Glazer ... looks fantastic! Those are the colors my husband would like if he ever gets his own Mini.
I like your badge! Where did you get it from?
Thanks for posting the pics!

blknblu... no VIN # for me yet.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:05 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by KermitClin
Glazer ... looks fantastic! Those are the colors my husband would like if he ever gets his own Mini.
I like your badge! Where did you get it from?
Thanks for posting the pics!

blknblu... no VIN # for me yet.
Nope

Old 01-20-2013, 04:08 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by GlazerFL
Finally I have some pictures. I just had to clean her before driving to work tomorrow. She has to look her best for meeting my co-workers.

Ordered: Dec. 8, Prod. Start: Dec. 11, Born: Dec. 19, In Transit: Dec. 30, VDC: Jan. 13, Est. Delivery: Jan. 17,
Pickup:
Jan. 17
Looks amazing and hope all your friends at work tomorrow can appreciate it half as much as we do.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:23 PM
M'Cooper
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pickup:
Jan. 17

Looks awesome, I bet your coworkers will be excited! Im sure they ask everyday where it is, I know mine do. If you don't mind me asking what state are you in? I noticed your car has a basically identical build/ transport time as mine and it seems my cars in limbo.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:30 PM
Kleiner
1st Gear
The first factory shift starts at 6:30am GMT, so I'm hoping at 1:30amET/10:30pmPT 1-866-ASK-MINI will finally have updated info.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:34 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear

Pickup:
Jan. 17
Glazer, she is GORGEOUS!!!! Loved the shots inside. So pretty

Old 01-20-2013, 04:36 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by blknblu
Question?

Do you guys and gals have your vin#'s yet?

Hi Blknblu, I've had my Vin since about the 7th of December. Hasn't helped much though.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:37 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
You all hit on great points. I definitely don't want to give up my production number. I am "locked" into the .9% interest and don't want to lose that. I won't make any mods if it will screw anything up. My dealer can add them at no charge (ya, right)

Tomorrow hopefully will bring in some MUCH needed answers!

Old 01-20-2013, 04:47 PM
6000pounds
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had no idea people had such troubles getting a 2013 mini cooper. There's a massive mini lot here in palm beach Florida. I feel spoiled just after reading 1 page lol.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:40 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Only when ordering

Originally Posted by 6000pounds
I had no idea people had such troubles getting a 2013 mini cooper. There's a massive mini lot here in palm beach Florida. I feel spoiled just after reading 1 page lol.
There is no problem going to any dealer and buying what they think you like but that isn't us. We all chose to take advantage of the extreme amount of choices when it comes to configurations available. The problem with ordering a custom Mini Cooper is that many dealers don't inform the customer on all the details but it seems BMW/Mini informs the dealers on even less even after 10 years of selling Minis. Although, WPB Mini sells a TON of Minis so they do get a lot more allocations each month which helps when you do order a Mini to get it quickly compared to some of the smaller dealers.

Did you order a custom Mini or are you looking to just buy a Mini off the lot that comes close to what you really want?

Old 01-21-2013, 05:38 AM
JDPaddle
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glazer, that is a very nice color combo. While waiting on my car, I spent some unfortunate time doing other builds on the MINI site. I came up with your exterior color but with silver stripes and accents all over. I really really came to love that color. Don't get me wrong, I like what we got well enough but I know what the "next" one could look like

Old 01-21-2013, 05:57 AM
GlazerFL
1st Gear
Thank you all for the compliments. I just drove it to work for the first time and it was a blast.

@KermitClin: I bought the badge at gobadges.com. The mounting system is great and they have many designs to choose from. Very easy to switch them out.

@M'Cooper: I live in Jacksonville, Florida. The trip from the VDC in Brunswick is very short. I had it within a few days of arriving in the states.

I love the HK sound system the more I listen to it. Being able to listen to music via Connected, Bluetooth, or Satellite is great. I also like the Comfort Access. I am getting use to not having to pull keys out of my pocket to enter or start the car every time.

Ordered: Dec. 8, Prod. Start: Dec. 11, Born: Dec. 19, In Transit: Dec. 30, VDC: Jan. 13, Est. Delivery: Jan. 16, Pickup: Jan. 17
2013 Cooper S Hardtop - Eclipse Grey w/ Black Stripes

Old 01-21-2013, 07:06 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
So if i check the owners lounge 20 times today will it make my build any faster???

Old 01-21-2013, 09:04 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by blknblu
So if i check the owners lounge 20 times today will it make my build any faster???
I am right there with you blknblu --- so far not one change.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:23 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
The owner of Crevier Mini in Santa Ana said the factory is closed again today! And once again, Crevier Santa Ana can't give me any updates.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:34 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
The owner of Crevier Mini in Santa Ana said the factory is closed again today! And once again, Crevier Santa Ana can't give me any updates.

NOOOO!!!!

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group