1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 08:45 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M'Cooper, they know it is VDC? or dealer cant find period?

I am sure you are all over this but this was taken from how to track your Mini, just in case you missed. Keep us posted.

"When your MINI has been discharged from the ship, it will be taken to a BMW Vehicle Distribution Center (VDC) and run through a final quality check. At this point only your MA will be able to provide you with timetable information for delivery. MAs should receive delivery information once your MINI arrives at port, but as with all MA activities, the availability of this information varies greatly. The activities at the VDC can take as little as 48 hours to over a week if your poor MINI was damaged in some way during transport. Once it has been released from the VDC, your MINI is loaded on a truck with its BMW brethren and sent to your dealer. The time required for trucking will clearly depend on your distance from the port."
At this point the process, you’re probably dying to have your MINI, call your MA and work with them to make the final arrangements. Congratulations on your order and don’t forget to wave once you are driving down the road with a perpetual grin!

Old 01-22-2013, 09:12 AM
M'Cooper
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by blknblu
M'Cooper, they know it is VDC? or dealer cant find period?

I am sure you are all over this but this was taken from how to track your Mini, just in case you missed. Keep us posted.

"When your MINI has been discharged from the ship, it will be taken to a BMW Vehicle Distribution Center (VDC) and run through a final quality check. At this point only your MA will be able to provide you with timetable information for delivery. MAs should receive delivery information once your MINI arrives at port, but as with all MA activities, the availability of this information varies greatly. The activities at the VDC can take as little as 48 hours to over a week if your poor MINI was damaged in some way during transport. Once it has been released from the VDC, your MINI is loaded on a truck with its BMW brethren and sent to your dealer. The time required for trucking will clearly depend on your distance from the port."
At this point the process, you’re probably dying to have your MINI, call your MA and work with them to make the final arrangements. Congratulations on your order and don’t forget to wave once you are driving down the road with a perpetual grin!
From what I'm recently told its still at the port, it arrived on the 11th of this month and two others from my same boat had there cars last week. Their not much farther from where I need to get my car. All I know was manager was trying to contact the VDC to find out its status. I just thought based on the others that I would have had my car by now.

Last edited by M'Cooper; 01-22-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:36 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by M'Cooper
Day 4 of waiting to find why my car is not at the dealer still.

A last week for it to get through the VDC should have been enough time.
M'Cooper~
My MA told me that cars can be delayed from being delivered to the dealer for weeks. He was trying to get through to me that MINI follows exact protocol. If a windsheild wiper blade is missing, they will wait for it to ship instead of allowing the dealer to put one on at the dealership. Screwed up if you ask me but I guess that is quality assurance.

ASK MINI told me today they have never seen a vehicle take as long as mine is taking. She told me my car broke a record yesterday for being the most delayed vehicle her team has EVER seen. And then, all she could tell me was it is "In Production" which supposedly it has been "In Production" since 12/17/12 (my original production date). Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh tell me how much I'm going to love her when she arrives!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing pics of your baby once you finally get her!

Old 01-22-2013, 12:55 PM
M'Cooper
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by gilmoregirls999

M'Cooper~
My MA told me that cars can be delayed from being delivered to the dealer for weeks. He was trying to get through to me that MINI follows exact protocol. If a windsheild wiper blade is missing, they will wait for it to ship instead of allowing the dealer to put one on at the dealership. Screwed up if you ask me but I guess that is quality assurance.

ASK MINI told me today they have never seen a vehicle take as long as mine is taking. She told me my car broke a record yesterday for being the most delayed vehicle her team has EVER seen. And then, all she could tell me was it is "In Production" which supposedly it has been "In Production" since 12/17/12 (my original production date). Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh tell me how much I'm going to love her when she arrives!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing pics of your baby once you finally get her!
I know exactly what your MA is talking about I got the same thing but I would think they would tell you ya know?

I can't wait to get it and post pics!

Old 01-22-2013, 02:47 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Latest email from my MA:
Hi Jamie,

As a follow-up to your phone call with BMW Customer Service, your MINI has been in the 150 Production Status, waiting to enter paint shop for five+ weeks. Yours is one of eighteen (18) cars in our pipeline that are awaiting for the next steps. MINIUSA re-opened the Oxford plant yesterday and we are expecting them to update the status of these cars asap. As soon as their status changes, I'll reconfirm with you. We have been told MINI in England is doing work on production MINIs without updating their online status (we are also looking into).

Also come, February 10th we will have the Loaner for you as per discussion with Peter Maldonado.

I only received this email after I spent an hour on the phone with ASK MINI and expalined to them that the only news I was receiving from my MA was that they had no new information. ASK MINI documented everything in my profile, read me back all the calls that had been placed, called my dealer to ensure I would receive a real email/phone call with an actual update.

Still wishing the update was that my car has been built, is on a ship expected to dock tomorrow and that I'd have it by the weekend. And then I woke up

Old 01-22-2013, 04:00 PM
Deli
6th Gear
Sounds like you are building a strong record. Good work!

Old 01-22-2013, 04:15 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Deli
Sounds like you are building a strong record. Good work!
Thanks Deli~
Got the idea from you. Since you said to make sure they had a clean record of everything that was happening in hopes to help ensure the .9% financing stays in place.

This will go down as the most interesting wasy to get a vehicle EVER!!!

Old 01-22-2013, 05:59 PM
M'Cooper
3rd Gear
Thanks Deli~
Got the idea from you. Since you said to make sure they had a clean record of everything that was happening in hopes to help ensure the .9% financing stays in place.

This will go down as the most interesting wasy to get a vehicle EVER!!!
You got that right!!

Old 01-22-2013, 07:20 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
You got that right!!
M'Cooper I only hope yours is missing something trivial (Which is causing the unusual delay) as any (real) damage that they had to fix would just kill me. My feeling is if you are ordering a "Brand New" car and it gets any major damage in travel they would rebuild your car from scratch and of course put it at the front of the line due to the "Starting Over". My fingers are crossed they forgot an air filter or something really stupid. I wonder if there is a QA while the car is sitting at the English port waiting to be shipped as it would really be dumb to know it was something that could have been fixed before leaving the factory.

Crossing my fingers it is a paperwork goof up or something else stupid that your Dealer can get fixed quickly to get your car to you.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:08 PM
WilliamRobert
1st Gear
Hey Ya'll
The rain finally stopped this weekend but I could not slow down long enough to get any pics until this morning before work. There is a couple of pics from this weekend the grandbabys took while the sun was shining though. One of them even said riding with the lid off.

From this morning before work

Now ya'll don't say nothing about all that pinestraw, I'm gonna get it cleaned off the roof and raked up soon. Hope Everyone gets theirs soon, it is worth the wait but I couldn't have waited as long as GG has.
WFL

Last edited by WilliamRobert; 01-22-2013 at 08:15 PM. Reason: additional text
Old 01-22-2013, 08:34 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by WilliamRobert
Hey Ya'll
The rain finally stopped this weekend but I could not slow down long enough to get any pics until this morning before work. There is a couple of pics from this weekend the grandbabys took while the sun was shining though. One of them even said riding with the lid off.
Now ya'll don't say nothing about all that pinestraw, I'm gonna get it cleaned off the roof and raked up soon. Hope Everyone gets theirs soon, it is worth the wait but I couldn't have waited as long as GG has.
WFL
What pinstraw, I was blinded by the pure BEAUTY of your Mini!! She's so purdeeee. OMG, are you sleeping in her too? I'd want to spend every minute possible enjoying her. Wow, she's hot!!!!! Ha, now I know what guys mean when the meet the girl of their dreams!!!!

Old 01-23-2013, 03:16 AM
M'Cooper
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by weaf27
M'Cooper I only hope yours is missing something trivial (Which is causing the unusual delay) as any (real) damage that they had to fix would just kill me. My feeling is if you are ordering a "Brand New" car and it gets any major damage in travel they would rebuild your car from scratch and of course put it at the front of the line due to the "Starting Over". My fingers are crossed they forgot an air filter or something really stupid. I wonder if there is a QA while the car is sitting at the English port waiting to be shipped as it would really be dumb to know it was something that could have been fixed before leaving the factory.

Crossing my fingers it is a paperwork goof up or something else stupid that your Dealer can get fixed quickly to get your car to you.
I hope so Weaf , I want my car so bad! Hopefully ill hear something today.

Hey Ya'll

WFL
Looks sweet, I was between white silver or Midnight black when I ordered my car but choose Midnight black because I couldn't have a white silver roof and mirror caps as well. Enjoy!

Old 01-23-2013, 05:18 AM
PFSIII
1st Gear

Silver on silver white is an stunning combination. Great looking MINI! Enjoy!

Old 01-23-2013, 05:27 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Hey Ya'll

WFL
Very nice Gratz.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:31 AM
Jake C6R
3rd Gear
Hey Ya'll

WFL
Another ragtop driver, now that's what I'm talking about! Great car, congratulations!

Old 01-23-2013, 09:13 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
After 3 and a half MINIless years we put our deposit down on a Blazing Red CMS All4 this past weekend... Since this is the third time I've ordered a MINI I said that THIS time I wouldn't obsess over it. THIS time I wouldn't constantly be checking the OL for status updates. THIS time I wouldn't hang out in one of these groups...

Yeah that went well... Hey - it's been 5 days since the order was placed before I ended up here... As for the OL - yeah twice a day and still in the On Order status...

Old 01-23-2013, 09:19 AM
M'Cooper
3rd Gear
Asked my MA today and was sent this.

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-image-4245387555.jpg   "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-image-1714141740.jpg  
Old 01-23-2013, 09:34 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Goodness, how frustrating. Any new news on when she might be delivered to the dealer. To see her not be able to touch her must be "driving" you insane!

Old 01-23-2013, 09:36 AM
M'Cooper
3rd Gear

Goodness, how frustrating. Any new news on when she might be delivered to the dealer. To see her not be able to touch her must be "driving" you insane!
Lol she's at the dealer, he asked about if I want the front plate mounted and I stayed no, and I'm gonna get it Saturday if its able to.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:45 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Lol she's at the dealer, he asked about if I want the front plate mounted and I stayed no, and I'm gonna get it Saturday if its able to.
Yay!! Super exciting!! Bet you have a day of driving planned ahead!Can't wait to se A LOT of pics once you get her!!!

Old 01-23-2013, 09:49 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Glad to have you

Originally Posted by mbabischkin
After 3 and a half MINIless years we put our deposit down on a Blazing Red CMS All4 this past weekend... Since this is the third time I've ordered a MINI I said that THIS time I wouldn't obsess over it. THIS time I wouldn't constantly be checking the OL for status updates. THIS time I wouldn't hang out in one of these groups...

Yeah that went well... Hey - it's been 5 days since the order was placed before I ended up here... As for the OL - yeah twice a day and still in the On Order status...
Welcome aboard and although for many of us this is our first there are plenty of people on here awaiting their 2nd or 3rd and even saw a person a while back on his 4th Mini and still owned 2 of them. Please feel free to share your past experiences waiting if your previous two were custom orders too, we'd love to hear about how it use to be although I suspect it is a lot like it still is.

Most of us do not suffer from OCD unless you count coming on to this site 4 to 5 times a day, checking status on the OL twice a day, calling 1-866-ask-mini twice a week (or more), contacting our MA once or twice a week and rebuilding our cars on MiniUSA a million times OCD...then maybe we do qualify.

Oh did I forget shopping for our future Mini's and hiding the items and/or expenses from our spouses? OK maybe there are a few OCD (future) Mini Owners on here but we all try to help each other with tons of sharing and awesome Mini Photos as each graduates.

Welcome.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:56 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Awesome!

Awesome! I was comparing your ordeal to someone offering a giant cookie to a small child and not giving it to them. To imagine your baby gets all the way to the U.S. only to hear nothing for about 2 weeks...I'd be loosing my mind. And yes, I would have driven to the port (I have clearance to a lot of the SE ones) and gone on a Mini Expeditions to find WTH was going on.

GRATS!!!

Photo the h3ll out of us...it will be appreciated. Thank You in Advance.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:56 AM
etidd01
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by weaf27
...Most of us do not suffer from OCD unless you count coming on to this site 4 to 5 times a day, checking status on the OL twice a day, calling 1-866-ask-mini twice a week (or more), contacting our MA once or twice a week and rebuilding our cars on MiniUSA a million times OCD...then maybe we do qualify...
I don't even plan on ordering my CM All4 until later in the year and I already fall under this category and my wife hates me for it.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:01 AM
Jake C6R
3rd Gear

The end is in sight! Time to drive it like you stole it!

Old 01-23-2013, 10:41 AM
///Chris
2nd Gear
I just got off the phone with 866-ASK-MINI, and even though the OL still says "on order" and the automated portion of the phone call said "scheduled for production with no date", the actual person I talked to said that the car began production this morning! So, here's hoping that's right.

Chris

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group