1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 04:43 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mbabischkin
You just have convertible on the brain...

My guess is Countryman Auto All4 (with an extra 4 added in just for good measure)
Goodness, you are right! I am obsessing, obsessively!

Old 01-23-2013, 05:00 PM
M'Cooper
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gilmoregirls999
Yay!! Super exciting!! Bet you have a day of driving planned ahead!Can't wait to se A LOT of pics once you get her!!!
I do I just gotta tell my GF now somehow haha.

Originally Posted by weaf27

Awesome! I was comparing your ordeal to someone offering a giant cookie to a small child and not giving it to them. To imagine your baby gets all the way to the U.S. only to hear nothing for about 2 weeks...I'd be loosing my mind. And yes, I would have driven to the port (I have clearance to a lot of the SE ones) and gone on a Mini Expeditions to find WTH was going on.

GRATS!!!

Photo the h3ll out of us...it will be appreciated. Thank You in Advance.
That would have been funny if you actually went there and found it! It would have been cool as well if you did but shes here and only a few days from me.

Originally Posted by Jake C6R
The end is in sight! Time to drive it like you stole it!
Thank you I plan to run "lots of errands"

Originally Posted by blknblu
Woohoo!! Nice glad it has shown up
Thanks you and im more than excited that it finally showed up too.

I plan to post pic's, I just ordered a cravenspeed front plate mount. I forgot to mention not drilling holes in the bumper when ordering and then read that Oxford puts those on before the car leaves. Luckily to my surprise it wasn't put on and my MA asked what I would prefer.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:49 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
So today I yelped a review of Creiver Mini of Santa Ana. I was promised an update from the owner on Monday, when I didn't get it, I called on Tuesday, only to find out he was off on Tuesday's. So I called today and talked to him and once again, he promised an update once he sent out his morning emails and made a few calls. Still, I went all day without an update so I emailed. Below is what I received:
Here’s the notes on your production allocation:
Quota [Yr/Mo]:
2013/01
Req. Prod:
2013/01/05
Sub. Req. Prod.:
2013/01/05
Conf. Prod.:
2013/01/05
Est. Prod. Date:
1/29/13
They are saying your MINI is estimated to be completed 1/29/2013. Beyond this we do not know anything else
Thanks,
Kirk
One has to think that req: prod means requested production date. I think that is more like it. My vehicle never had a production date of 12/17. Arghhhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited by gilmoregirls999; 01-23-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:55 PM
Kleiner
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Jake C6R
That's a mighty long boat ride according to your signature line...your Mini is taking an extended cruise of a few months to cross the pond!
Thanks for the heads up! Corrected...

Old 01-23-2013, 06:06 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jrattenni
I ordered my car from Mini of Baltimore from a English guy by the name of Benn Edwards on 12/22/12. Moved from order status to production status 01/07/13, by week of 1/14/13 was in production , 1/17/13 went to paint shop and on 1/18/13 went to Quality. released for transport by 1/21/13 and now is awaiting being loaded on a cargo ship in Bermanan DE. Pretty much exactly as Benn discribed it should happen.

Now the information breaks down except that I can put the vin # into the carriers (which I got from Benn) website to see if it got loaded. My vin ends in 999, so far the last vins on the ship that left 1/17/13 are 648 so there are a couple hundred cars waiting to be loaded on the next ship. Its really trial and error as no one can tell you anything other than its sitting in the parking lot. You put in the vin and if no record found you know your car is not on the boat yet. You can go to the Ports webcam and see a sea of cars waiting to be loaded if that make you feel better. Anyway once they load the car, I should be able to search for it, find the ship name and track it. Also the ships manifest will tell you the exact route, ports and date of arrival to my port.

Sorry to hear so many horror stories, except for the long delay around the holidays , my experience has been without incident. I can tell you I live in Pittsburgh and was not happy with the way the sales department at Mini of Pittsburgh treated us. I had approached Benn this past fall about a leftover 2012 CM and he was a very straight forward upfront guy. We hit it off right away and when we decided not to use the Pgh dealership, I called Benn and he was great. He continues to be as well as Ray the Sales Manager. Worth the extra effort to pick it up just to deal with them. If you guys from Mini of Baltimore read this, your the best
CMs are built in Germany from my understanding and not at the Oxford plant that was closed for a prolonged period. Great to hear that everything has been going so smoothly.

Edited: Austria, I stand corrected but close if you simply point at a globe from a distance.

Last edited by weaf27; 01-23-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:12 PM
///Chris
2nd Gear
Yes, that is true - all CM production is at the Austria plant that didn't shut down. So that's why that went smoothly for those orders!

CMs are built in Germany from my understanding and not at the Oxford plant that was closed for a prolonged period. Great to hear that everything has been going so smoothly.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:17 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by gilmoregirls999
So today I yelped a review of Creiver Mini of Santa Ana. I was promised an update from the owner on Monday, when I didn't get it, I called on Tuesday, only to find out he was off on Tuesday's. So I called today and talked to him and once again, he promised an update once he sent out his morning emails and made a few calls. Still, I went all day without an update so I emailed. Below is what I received:
Here’s the notes on your production allocation:
Quota [Yr/Mo]:
2013/01
Req. Prod:
2013/01/05
Sub. Req. Prod.:
2013/01/05
Conf. Prod.:
2013/01/05
Est. Prod. Date:
1/29/13
They are saying your MINI is estimated to be completed 1/29/2013. Beyond this we do not know anything else
Thanks,
Kirk
One has to think that req: prod means requested production date. I think that is more like it. My vehicle never had a production date of 12/17. Arghhhhhhhhhhhh
Here is what I am reading into this too...
Req. Prod:
Requested Production on 1/5/1013
2013/01/05
Sub. Req. Prod.:
Submitted Requested Production on 1/5/1013 (actual paperwork sent)
2013/01/05
Conf. Prod.:
Confirmation of Requested Production on 1/5/1013
2013/01/05
Est. Prod. Date:
1/29/13
Estimated Production Date 1/29 2013

I am crossing my fingers that none of this makes any real sense and your car actually gets completed before month's end and not started as that sounds like "estimated production date" is when they start and not a "Completion" date.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:32 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Here is what I am reading into this too...
Req. Prod:
Requested Production on 1/5/1013
2013/01/05
Sub. Req. Prod.:
Submitted Requested Production on 1/5/1013 (actual paperwork sent)
2013/01/05
Conf. Prod.:
Confirmation of Requested Production on 1/5/1013
2013/01/05
Est. Prod. Date:
1/29/13
Estimated Production Date 1/29 2013

I am crossing my fingers that none of this makes any real sense and your car actually gets completed before month's end and not started as that sounds like "estimated production date" is when they start and not a "Completion" date.
Yep Weaf, that is what I read into it as well. Although, the optimist in me is hopeful........Ask-Mini does say my estimated completion date is 01/30/13. All of this means I won't make the ship leaving on the 29th. Which in turn means my Mini won't dock in California until 03/06 --- and then guessing about 5-7 days to get to me. So Maybe, just maybe, I'll get her by 03/13/13 - 17 weeks from order until delivery. I'll just sit here eating my popcorn while the show plays out.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:37 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Sharing something cool that 1-866-Ask-Mini told me about today and they acted like my MA should have already had me signed up for it. Supposedly Mini started video recording "Customer Orders" during some parts of the production of your future Mini at the Oxford plant. The Ask-Mini rep told me that you have to register through your MA but once your Mini Cooper is completed that you are able to go to the OL and watch a short video of your actual Mini being built!!! VERY COOL!

He shared this info like it was something I should already have known after I told him that Mini should have little web cams through out the production process to take snaps of "Customer Ordered" cars and it should auto-upload them to the OL for the future owner(s) to see while they are waiting for their future Mini to arrive home safely.

Of course I emailed me MA instantly and am wondering how it works.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:44 PM
Trystana
2nd Gear
Sharing something cool that 1-866-Ask-Mini told me about today and they acted like my MA should have already had me signed up for it. Supposedly Mini started video recording "Customer Orders" during some parts of the production of your future Mini at the Oxford plant. The Ask-Mini rep told me that you have to register through your MA but once your Mini Cooper is completed that you are able to go to the OL and watch a short video of your actual Mini being built!!! VERY COOL!

He shared this info like it was something I should already have known after I told him that Mini should have little web cams through out the production process to take snaps of "Customer Ordered" cars and it should auto-upload them to the OL for the future owner(s) to see while they are waiting for their future Mini to arrive home safely.

Ooh, do update us on what you find out! That would have been very cool to know!

My MINI arrived at the dealer today and I got to see a couple of pictures! She is beautiful! You all have to wait until Saturday to see though so I can get some better shots. I'll be picking her up T-60 hours from now. Gosh that sounds so long.

Only a couple more days... must... breathe.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:35 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Trystana
Ooh, do update us on what you find out! That would have been very cool to know!

My MINI arrived at the dealer today and I got to see a couple of pictures! She is beautiful! You all have to wait until Saturday to see though so I can get some better shots. I'll be picking her up T-60 hours from now. Gosh that sounds so long.

Only a couple more days... must... breathe.
YAY, Wonder Woman has arrived. So excited for you!!!! Please be sure to breathe, if you don't then we won't get pictures!

Old 01-24-2013, 03:09 AM
M'Cooper
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad to see everything is starting to get a move on. Before you know it you will all have your cars.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:23 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
My baby is in the paint shop. Still with a completion date of 1/25 , thats a lot of work to do in a day.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:39 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
My baby is in the paint shop. Still with a completion date of 1/25 , thats a lot of work to do in a day.
It seems amazing - especially since the large majority of what's left is done by hand not by robot. But much of what's left is almost plug and play...

Old 01-24-2013, 06:57 AM
Lady_May
2nd Gear
Woot! My girl is underway on the Carmen, scheduled to hit the VDC on the 3rd of Feb. Anyone else riding along with me?

Old 01-24-2013, 07:40 AM
Gear 6
1st Gear
Finally received my production number on Jan 22nd. The OL says it's 'on order' but if I call 866-ASK-MINI, it shows as 'in production' with an estimated completion date of Jan 31. When my MA sent my prod# on Tues, he said it looks like its scheduled for the 2nd week of Feb. Which one is correct?

Old 01-24-2013, 07:44 AM
Gear 6
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Lady_May
Woot! My girl is underway on the Carmen, scheduled to hit the VDC on the 3rd of Feb. Anyone else riding along with me?
Congrats! You must be SO excited!

Old 01-24-2013, 07:50 AM
///Chris
2nd Gear
The real person at ASKMINI seems to have the best info, at least in my experience so far.

Chris

Originally Posted by Gear 6
Finally received my production number on Jan 22nd. The OL says it's 'on order' but if I call 866-ASK-MINI, it shows as 'in production' with an estimated completion date of Jan 31. When my MA sent my prod# on Tues, he said it looks like its scheduled for the 2nd week of Feb. Which one is correct?

Old 01-24-2013, 08:01 AM
Lady_May
2nd Gear
Congrats! You must be SO excited!

I'm loosing my mind I'm so excited! I keep watching the ship on marine traffic..even though she only moves a few inches an hour, at least she is on her way!

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...ntery=53.57827

Old 01-24-2013, 08:13 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Who knows?

Supposedly your MA has direct access to the AS400 Servers where all the data is kept on the status of all orders (this information is batched out to the OL but not regularly as it would appear). Normally Ask-Mini is useless and you would be better off talking to a rock but ever since Jan 21st Ask-Mini has been BEYOND HELPFUL and giving everyone a wealth of information from the looks of it. Even telling me stuff that the dealers don't seem to know about as I now have my MA researching the whole video thing as they sounded really cool.

In my opinion I say be optimistic but with a grain of salt as Ask-Mini wants to please you and your Dealer doesn't want to over promise (most don't). Plus if your MA puts a little buffer time in and it shows up a little early you will be really happy but if it shows up after he/she tells you, you will call them and drive them nuts and they know this.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:59 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Did you find out your baby was in the paint shop via ASK-MINI or your MA?

Old 01-24-2013, 12:38 PM
Gear 6
1st Gear
Just got off the phone with ASK-MINI.. They were super nice and helpful... She was even able to confirm that my Mini went into production yesterday, even though the website still says 'On Order.'

Old 01-24-2013, 12:53 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Oops!

O.K. Got the details: The Ask-Mini employee was on drugs. No, not really he just goofed up and told me all this cool stuff about how they video record sections of your car while it is being built and post it to your owner's lounge once the car is completed. He was right about almost everything expect he meant BMW, not Mini and must have assumed it was for Mini too or got them mixed up in his head. O'well I do remember him saying the word "Mini" over and over in our conversation but obviously he was't 100% awake or something. Sorry...I was really excited but it is kind of annoying that they do that for BMW Orders but not Mini Orders, kind of makes me feel 2nd class in BMW's book but maybe BMW has an extra $$$ in the sale price of the BMW's to justify it as I know the high end of BMW is very expensive.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:39 PM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
O.K. Got the details: The Ask-Mini employee was on drugs. No, not really he just goofed up and told me all this cool stuff about how they video record sections of your car while it is being built and post it to your owner's lounge once the car is completed. He was right about almost everything expect he meant BMW, not Mini and must have assumed it was for Mini too or got them mixed up in his head. O'well I do remember him saying the word "Mini" over and over in our conversation but obviously he was't 100% awake or something. Sorry...I was really excited but it is kind of annoying that they do that for BMW Orders but not Mini Orders, kind of makes me feel 2nd class in BMW's book but maybe BMW has an extra $$$ in the sale price of the BMW's to justify it as I know the high end of BMW is very expensive.
Well that just saved my MA from a boatload of grief....

Old 01-24-2013, 01:49 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Thank you

Originally Posted by mbabischkin
Well that just saved my MA from a boatload of grief....
I appreciate you being in our group as you seem to have lots of good info that I enjoy learning like the whole "Batch" thing being a bunch of B.S. as I've been told that by too many people and I know a few others on here that have been too.

Thank you for sharing and I loved the comment "Boatload of grief"

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group