1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 07:48 AM
tab
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a conversation with MINIUSA and they are very tight lipped on this whole thing, They will not confirm that EPA is the issue, Only the dealer will be able to tell us what is happening, This list knows more about what is happening then what the dealer will tell me. In my situation I need some idea about whats happening so I can plan this out, otherwise I am going to be forced to back out of my deal, Is is sad

Originally Posted by jeffs2
Was thinking the same thing, however the EPA spot checks 10% of the vehicles. Even if there is no change, would the EPA still want to see it for themselves? Given the number of models/variants from Mini, certainly one of their cars needs to be spot checked. If Mini didn't plan ahead, could the test vehicles have been coming over with ours on the boats? This is also the year the EPA is changing the labels and new information is provided...it might be possible they need new tests to be done.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:11 AM
AmazingGrayce
2nd Gear
My MA has said that the EPA has to test a few cars from each ship so they can approve the window stickers. Ive also been told that the 8/1 date is the earliest. I'm frustrated, but heck, I waited 9 months for my children, so another week or two for this fun-baby will have to be okay. I would never walk away from this deal, I've waited years to get this car!!!

Old 07-27-2012, 08:53 AM
vette69
1st Gear
My Mini Roadster is almost half way across the pond. The arrival date is pushed back to Aug 4th. I just hope all the Minis that are here get released by then. I will be soo glad to get out of our silverado extended cab truck and back into a Mini.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:35 AM
The Angry Pumkin
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by pdoel
Not according to Motor Trends. They say they all receive more fuel efficient engines for 2013, but still have the same HP. They also show that an automatic has been added to the JCWs.

As I understand they mean 13' calender year but 14' model year with the design redo. It's suppose to be a 3cyl engine.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:37 PM
pdoel
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by The Angry Pumkin
As I understand they mean 13' calender year but 14' model year with the design redo. It's suppose to be a 3cyl engine.
That would be incorrect. This is information in this month's Motor Trend for all 2013 model changes. Not model year 2014. And not major engine changes, as stated, same output, just more fuel efficient.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:01 PM
Andrew_C
2nd Gear
Back from being out of town for work this past week. Phew, getting caught up on all the drama is interesting. Integrity is scheduled to dock a day earlier than planned(August 2nd) so I'm hoping the hold up is cleared by then!

My current vehicle is already sold and is being picked up on the 18th and I do lots of traveling for work so I'm going to be absolutely SOL if Edgar isn't here by then!

All week I've been stalking the Marine Traffic Android app hoping for updates on the Integrity but nothing's been updated since it left the Irish coast! The minute by minute updates on the boat were totally awesome until they went radio silent and now it's just as excruciating as when the car was being built!

I feel everyone's pain on the wait and it got even worse for me today when I got home from my business trip since I have a big box of new toys for Edgar from outmotoring that showed up earlier this week!

Maybe I can set the rubber mats on my computer room's floor, attach the mud flaps to my desk, and pretend I'm out motoring!

Old 07-27-2012, 05:14 PM
Tarbot
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Andrew_C
Back from being out of town for work this past week. Phew, getting caught up on all the drama is interesting. Integrity is scheduled to dock a day earlier than planned(August 2nd) so I'm hoping the hold up is cleared by then!

My current vehicle is already sold and is being picked up on the 18th and I do lots of traveling for work so I'm going to be absolutely SOL if Edgar isn't here by then!

All week I've been stalking the Marine Traffic Android app hoping for updates on the Integrity but nothing's been updated since it left the Irish coast! The minute by minute updates on the boat were totally awesome until they went radio silent and now it's just as excruciating as when the car was being built!

I feel everyone's pain on the wait and it got even worse for me today when I got home from my business trip since I have a big box of new toys for Edgar from outmotoring that showed up earlier this week!

Maybe I can set the rubber mats on my computer room's floor, attach the mud flaps to my desk, and pretend I'm out motoring!
Try this site to track in the open ocean... sometimes the ships give weather updates...

Www.sailwx.info

Old 07-27-2012, 05:38 PM
Andrew_C
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Tarbot
Try this site to track in the open ocean... sometimes the ships give weather updates...

Www.sailwx.info
Yeah, hopped on there since I got home. Looks like Integrity is almost halfway across! Not that watching it's every update makes it's arrival date come any sooner or gets Edgar any closer to being mine.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:45 PM
minibered2013
2nd Gear
Tarbot! Guess what? My babe has finally been released and is head home on the Don Juan with you! He is finally being released from his international prison!! Hopefully, he does not get into any trouble on his way to the states. Also, hopefully, all of his friends are still not being held captive at the VDC when he arrives...

Old 07-27-2012, 05:54 PM
Tarbot
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Andrew_C
Yeah, hopped on there since I got home. Looks like Integrity is almost halfway across! Not that watching it's every update makes it's arrival date come any sooner or gets Edgar any closer to being mine.
I'm just starting that torture... Scheduled on the DonJuan leaving 7/28!

Old 07-27-2012, 07:38 PM
GreyNation
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Tarbot
I'm just starting that torture... Scheduled on the DonJuan leaving 7/28!
I'm still not scheduled on a boat! I'm guessing mine is causing lots of trouble and he's been grounded.

I'd at least like him to join his buddies on the ride over.

Oh well back to the popcorn.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:44 PM
Tarbot
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by minibered2013
Tarbot! Guess what? My babe has finally been released and is head home on the Don Juan with you! He is finally being released from his international prison!! Hopefully, he does not get into any trouble on his way to the states. Also, hopefully, all of his friends are still not being held captive at the VDC when he arrives...
Sweet... the DonJuan is entering the channel into Southampton right now to pick them up!

Old 07-27-2012, 07:59 PM
minibered2013
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by GreyNation
I'm still not scheduled on a boat! I'm guessing mine is causing lots of trouble and he's been grounded.

I'd at least like him to join his buddies on the ride over.

Oh well back to the popcorn.
My babe was entered in on the 23rd, but I could not pull it up today. There is still hope.

On another note, I think I have come up with the name of my car Charlize aka "Charlie." The first time I realized I wanted a MINI was after seeing Charlize Theron drive one in Italian Job. The name has finally come!

Old 07-27-2012, 08:03 PM
minibered2013
2nd Gear
Side note... How do you add a signature? I cannot figure it out... Thx!

Old 07-27-2012, 08:06 PM
Retired Rev
4th Gear
Just curious, how much room, or how many cars can be warehoused in the VDC? Maybe if enough ships drop off their cargo those languishing in the mysterious holding pattern can be released and sent to the dealerships. We can only hope.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:54 PM
The Angry Pumkin
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by pdoel
That would be incorrect. This is information in this month's Motor Trend for all 2013 model changes. Not model year 2014. And not major engine changes, as stated, same output, just more fuel efficient.
Don't know what fuel efficient boost they are talking about Mini's web site has the 2013s listed with the same MPG as 2012

Old 07-27-2012, 09:30 PM
MIDLYF
2nd Gear
Well I saw the screen at the dealer says 8/13 is estimated delivery date. The GM said he didn't know about the hold up but would look into it. So I feel better knowing she is just waiting to be paroled and sent here.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:06 AM
GreyNation
2nd Gear
Well still nothing on mine yet.

I guess I'm stuck waiting on the next round of boats.

Everybody have a safe journey over the pond.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:32 AM
soon2b
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by GreyNation
Well still nothing on mine yet.

I guess I'm stuck waiting on the next round of boats.

Everybody have a safe journey over the pond.
GreyNation: if your MINI is finished & at port, and you aren't seeing the VIN pop up as cargo ID on Wallenius Wilhmsen's site... your car is most likely going to go out on a K Line ship, as did mine. It had been on a ship, crossing the Atlantic for 6 days before the owner's lounge updated the status to in-transit.

Check in with your MA to get more shipping info.

Old 07-28-2012, 07:29 AM
jeffs2
2nd Gear
I relent, I was wrong. Its not an EPA issue but rather an inventory issue. The 2013 models are being held indefinetely until 2012 model inventory drops below a certain threshold. This is why they cannot give us a date.

Has anyone reached out to any of the automotive magizines yet, or to investor relations? I'm sure it would make an interesting story that all future sales are on hold because previous sales were so poor. Since it seems neither angry customers or threatened sales seem to incent them, maybe embarrassment will.

Old 07-28-2012, 07:52 AM
minineen
1st Gear
Wow, I am really bummed to hear that MINI would do this. It seems that it has to be illegal in some way to withhold cars that have already been paid for! My feeling on this is they are intentionally holding all the 13's to see if they can clear out inventory, but they're using the EPA excuse to make it seem kosher.

Wondering how this will affect my delivery...I am American stationed in Italy purchasing through a military sales program - they don't have lots of cars sitting around and the laws are different out here so I hope that nothing will hold up my delivery. I do know that my car has already crossed the Chunnel into France so she's really close!

Old 07-28-2012, 07:54 AM
minibered2013
2nd Gear
I guess Retired Rev was correct. As the drama continues... Where did you hear this Jeffs2?

Old 07-28-2012, 08:32 AM
Retired Rev
4th Gear
Originally Posted by minibered2013
I guess Retired Rev was correct. As the drama continues...
In this case, I wish I'd been wrong.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:32 AM
jkapinos
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Has anyone had good communication with the dealer, without having to call them?. I ask because after my order went in, I have never been called or told anything without me calling first. The whole thing just seems fishy. I'm starting to really not enjoy this buying experience.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:13 AM
strgzr3745
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jkapinos
Has anyone had good communication with the dealer, without having to call them?. I ask because after my order went in, I have never been called or told anything without me calling first. The whole thing just seems fishy. I'm starting to really not enjoy this buying experience.
jkapinos, my experience has been exactly the same. It's like pulling teeth.
Speaking of ordering, when I went in to place my order, my dealer told me that MiniUSA told them that they weren't allowed to allocate any more 2012s so I was forced to order a 2013. If MiniUSA didn't want 2013s out yet, then why did they make the cut-off so my dealer couldn't order me a 2012?

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group