1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 04:09 PM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by M'Cooper
Just picked up my car....IT'S AWESOME. I am very happy with it. I didn't have a chance to get pics because the dealer was busy and had lots of cars inside the bay. It was 12 degrees out so I'm happy it was indoors lol but I have this one
Beautiful, jealous!!!

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring

Old 01-26-2013, 04:27 PM
M'Cooper
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It was a nice drive home, Getting used to the way the car works,drives.

My MA said Mini got rid of the voice dialing for the bluetooth? I we tried but he said they dropped it. I have heard its a POS system but I would have liked to have it still.

I see in my manual it shows lumbar support but I don't think I have it.

Otherwise the car is perfect!

Old 01-26-2013, 06:30 PM
weaf27
4th Gear

My MA said Mini got rid of the voice dialing for the bluetooth? I we tried but he said they dropped it. I have heard its a POS system but I would have liked to have it still.

Yeah, Lumbar is only included with real leather seats...I wanted it but didn't want to pay $2,000 for it which is what the leather costs.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:32 PM
M'Cooper
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by weaf27

Yeah, Lumbar is only included with real leather seats...I wanted it but didn't want to pay $2,000 for it which is what the leather costs.
Ugh I think there is a DIY to add it, but ill have to see.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:06 PM
joeygags77
Neutral
Finally got my vin to come up on the ship tracking site! Found out my 13' Countryman S ALL4 is on Queen Sapphire and due to arrive at the NJ port in less than 2 weeks, can't Wait!!

Old 01-26-2013, 07:19 PM
M'Cooper
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by joeygags77
Finally got my vin to come up on the ship tracking site! Found out my 13' Countryman S ALL4 is on Queen Sapphire and due to arrive at the NJ port in less than 2 weeks, can't Wait!!
Congrats! My car just came thru that port this week.

Oh and Im not sure if it was just my dealer or if this is a Mini thing but the Y cable for those with Iphone's came with my car. While going over the car with my MA he mentioned that its Ipod cable should be in the car and if it wasn't he would order one for me but he found it in the trunks tool kit. I thought that was cool since I almost bought one.

I also purchased the short sport stubby antenna when I got to the dealer lol, they threw that on for me when I was finishing paper work. I think it looks much better.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:39 PM
Trystana
2nd Gear
Congrats M'Cooper! It looks great!

I picked mine up this morning (well, yesterday now...) and drove it around this evening for a while getting used to everything.

Lumbar adjustment was standard on my non-leather seats. It's a dial on the inside-side of the seat (center console side) so double check yours!

My MA said voice dialing should work for up to 10 numbers but I didn't try that out to verify yet.

I also had them throw in the short antenna with my purchase and it does look much better than the standard!

So glad I also asked for rubber mats, too! Driving home today was a little sad as I picked up road salt and snowy mess already :(

But so far it's so fun to drive and I LOVE how she looks. I'll post pics shortly!

Old 01-26-2013, 11:19 PM
Trystana
2nd Gear
Wonder Woman photo bomb!

Old 01-26-2013, 11:46 PM
rich23
1st Gear
Thanks for sharing your pictures, gives me a good idea how mine will look like. Thanks!

Old 01-27-2013, 02:38 AM
M'Cooper
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Trystana
Wonder Woman photo bomb!
Car looks great! It's nice to have something so new as weaf stated before.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:38 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Trystana
Wonder Woman photo bomb!

Wasn't a huge fan of the blue with red stripes in the rendering but the actual photos of it look beautiful. I actually think the photos always look a 100% better than the renderings of our future cars which is a good thing. Thank you for all the photos. I am hoping you are right about the lumbar as my MA told me it only came with the all leather seats in the R56 models and I am like most with a back that is almost always in pain from time to time so the lumbar would be awesome but if not I can find a solution for a lot less than the $2,000 they wanted for the leather.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:11 AM
M'Cooper
3rd Gear

Wasn't a huge fan of the blue with red stripes in the rendering but the actual photos of it look beautiful. I actually think the photos always look a 100% better than the renderings of our future cars which is a good thing. Thank you for all the photos. I am hoping you are right about the lumbar as my MA told me it only came with the all leather seats in the R56 models and I am like most with a back that is almost always in pain from time to time so the lumbar would be awesome but if not I can find a solution for a lot less than the $2,000 they wanted for the leather.
I checked again this morning, no lumbar. If you feel around the inside of the seat you can feel where the hole is for the parts but the lumbar itself isn't. I was hoping it was there I don't understand why it wasn't added by mini. It is basic feature.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:35 AM
Jake C6R
3rd Gear
Weaf, the do it yourself tutoral on installing the lumbar support looks pretty simple. With your back issues it might be worthwhile for you.

There is a really great write up with photos here
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...orts-seat.html

Old 01-27-2013, 07:49 AM
Jake C6R
3rd Gear
Home Stretch...

I was pleasantly surprised by an email from my dealer last night...my car arrived at the dealer yesterday!

I thought it would be at the VDC for a while but that was not the case at all! The ship arrived at the port on Friday morning at like 5 a.m. - the VDC is just down the road so they must have finished it the same day. My dealer (Mini of Camarillo) is about 15 minutes from the VDC and the car arrived on the transport at the dealer on Saturday! One day later, that was fast!

So now the dealer does their quality checks and details it and I am ready to motor. He will call me Monday to set up a delivery date...getting so close I can't believe it!

I hope everyone else going through the Oxnard VDC has similar luck!

Old 01-27-2013, 08:51 AM
giantboy
1st Gear
yup tomorrow is the big day for me too! mine was on the antares leader.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:45 AM
Trystana
2nd Gear
Thanks! Yes, it looks pretty awesome in person. Everyone at the dealership kept commenting on it and how nice it looks in person.

That's too bad if you don't have the lumbar. I suppose it could be because mine is JCW but I thought I saw other people posting about having it standard in theirs without leather. Who knows! Hopefully it ends up being easy to add though

Old 01-27-2013, 11:03 AM
greatgro
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats MCooper and Trystana!!!! Nice looking MINIs! My JCW countryman docked midday on a Friday but the NJ VPC only works til 3 and no weekends. So Monday morning I started texting my MA by 7am to get my car. And to my surprise it arrived at the dealer before 11am and I picked it up by 3. I thought I only had 2 or 3 miles but I don't remember.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:18 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Jake C6R
Weaf, the do it yourself tutoral on installing the lumbar support looks pretty simple. With your back issues it might be worthwhile for you.

There is a really great write up with photos here
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...orts-seat.html
Thank you, I saved that as I might actually do that mod in the near future as I doubt I'll ever need to use a warranty for my seats.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:37 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
[QUOTE=Trystana;3667388]Wonder Woman photo bomb!

OMG, she is gorgeous!!! There should be a whistling emoticon -- woot woot she's sexy!!!

Old 01-27-2013, 04:40 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Jake C6R
I was pleasantly surprised by an email from my dealer last night...my car arrived at the dealer yesterday!

I thought it would be at the VDC for a while but that was not the case at all! The ship arrived at the port on Friday morning at like 5 a.m. - the VDC is just down the road so they must have finished it the same day. My dealer (Mini of Camarillo) is about 15 minutes from the VDC and the car arrived on the transport at the dealer on Saturday! One day later, that was fast!

So now the dealer does their quality checks and details it and I am ready to motor. He will call me Monday to set up a delivery date...getting so close I can't believe it!

I hope everyone else going through the Oxnard VDC has similar luck!
SOOOOOO Happy for you!!! Envious too Remember to post those pretty pics for me. So excited to see your convertible!!!!!

Old 01-27-2013, 04:42 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear

Super big congrats M'Cooper. Looking forward to seeing pics!!!!!

Old 01-27-2013, 04:44 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Just picked up my car....IT'S AWESOME. I am very happy with it. I didn't have a chance to get pics because the dealer was busy and had lots of cars inside the bay. It was 12 degrees out so I'm happy it was indoors lol but I have this one
STUNNER!!!!! Sleek and beautiful!

Old 01-28-2013, 06:01 AM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
Latest News

Was going to go to Florida for the Daytona 200 and then on to see my Mum. My 2008 Mellow Yellow MCS has 46k miles. I have a New 2013 MCS ordered. I think it may mess up my trade in value if I do the trip and my 2013 has just been scheduled for production. Now that they are in operation again, I am wondering what the time frame looks like. Maybe.........I can have my cake and eat it too? Thoughts anyone?

Ordered !/2/2013, Production # received, Scheduled for Production

Old 01-28-2013, 06:32 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Twstgrp
Was going to go to Florida for the Daytona 200 and then on to see my Mum. My 2008 Mellow Yellow MCS has 46k miles. I have a New 2013 MCS ordered. I think it may mess up my trade in value if I do the trip and my 2013 has just been scheduled for production. Now that they are in operation again, I am wondering what the time frame looks like. Maybe.........I can have my cake and eat it too? Thoughts anyone?

Ordered !/2/2013, Production # received, Scheduled for Production
How long a trip is it? If you're only talking 2k miles total, I wouldn't worry about it. If we're talking closer to 10K then the mileage might have an impact on your trade in value. You could also play around on the trade in estimator on kbb.com or a similar site and tweak the mileage to see how much (if at all) of an impact it will have on the estimated trade-in value.

Along the same lines - without knowing where you are in the country it's hard to estimate when the car will arrive because shipping times vary. With things starting on the 14th - if you're in the Northeast your car would need to be loaded on a ship within the next 5 days for you to have a chance of getting it in time as it's approximately 10 days from Southampton to New York. If you're further South or West it will take even longer.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:15 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
So when Ask - Mini says my baby is "waiting to be released to the carrier" does that mean it's at port or sitting at mini waiting to get on the train to go to port? If its not at port I think I won't make the Topeka on the 29th. :( and another 2 weeks of waiting until next ship. Ugh

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group