1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 07:29 PM
Kimpossible
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gilmoregirls999
Hi Kim~
I'm as positive as "I" can be that you'll make the Tombara. THey say it only takes 1-2 days to get it from the factory to the port.

Here is to being shipmates and pick up mates as well
Cheers to that!!
I hope, I hope!! I'm so excited, GG! It would be great if we pick up at the same time at Crevier!

Old 01-30-2013, 07:32 PM
martincohn
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Where to 1st?

Was just thinking where to go when the new MINI finally gets here.

Straight to SH 130 and 85 mph speed limit. Figure can squeak out 90 without too much hassle from the popo.

Of course will manage RPMs and vary speed as needed to stay within the engine break in specs.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:00 AM
Deli
6th Gear
Mine should be finished on Monday, Feb 4.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:26 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Close Twstgrp, they lightening blue was a close second. The studies have shown without a doubt that the Chili Red "Convertible" Cooper S is definitely the FASTEST!!! teeheeheeheeheehee
GG, Lightning Blue is faster than a SLOW cooked Chilli red , but would have to agree it is faster than a melo yellow

Last edited by blknblu; 01-31-2013 at 04:33 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:28 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mbabischkin
I honestly don't envy you folks who have to wait the extra days for shipment to the West Coast...
I know, I was thinking it would be faster to fly to new york and drive back.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:10 AM
martincohn
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not that I'm complaining, but my build seems to be flying a light speed compared to last time?!?

Guess I got my build in at just the right time. They must be squirting out a batch of JCWs or something.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:11 AM
Kleiner
1st Gear
In paint! Out Friday!

Old 01-31-2013, 09:22 AM
Flyinghippo
2nd Gear
I've had my production number for about 3 weeks and the OL kept saying it was in production, nothing more. I was in the forum this morning and read a post about how to track your Mini and found out about "Ask Mini". I did and they told me it's in route to the docks now. Imagine how that made my day! From what I've read, after gathering parts, it's takes only a day to build, 7 for the paint to dry properly. The remainder of the time is the shipping. Sitting on pins and needles now.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:35 AM
Charlie Victor
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Goodness, your wait has been longer than mine and that is almost unbelievable. And you seem so ok with it. I need to find your patience
Thanks - and it looks like we may be shipmates!

Old 01-31-2013, 09:46 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Flyinghippo
I've had my production number for about 3 weeks and the OL kept saying it was in production, nothing more. I was in the forum this morning and read a post about how to track your Mini and found out about "Ask Mini". I did and they told me it's in route to the docks now. Imagine how that made my day! From what I've read, after gathering parts, it's takes only a day to build, 7 for the paint to dry properly. The remainder of the time is the shipping. Sitting on pins and needles now.
Yeah most of us haven't found a good use for the OL as ASK-Mini seems to have better info. Mine will be completed tomorrow but it still says scheduled for production. If the OL was actually updated it would be nice and would reduce the phone calls to them. Plus the forums there are extremely weak and lightly used compared to here at NAM. If BMW/Mini wants to know about their customers all they need to do is hang out on NAM for a day.

Congrats!

Old 01-31-2013, 09:53 AM
PFSIII
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Kimpossible
Mine looks to be on the same production schedule as yours, PFSIII. 2/7 completion for me too!
Go team Reef Blue!
Yes, they'll practically be twins.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:29 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Cheers to that!!
I hope, I hope!! I'm so excited, GG! It would be great if we pick up at the same time at Crevier!
That would be a blast!!! Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Old 01-31-2013, 10:30 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by blknblu
GG, Lightning Blue is faster than a SLOW cooked Chilli red , but would have to agree it is faster than a melo yellow
Vroom, vroom - the race is on.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:33 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Charlie Victor
Thanks - and it looks like we may be shipmates!
Charlie Victor, what did you order. There are a few of that I think will be on the Tombarra. We can have a MINI Party

Old 01-31-2013, 10:35 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by weaf27
Yeah most of us haven't found a good use for the OL as ASK-Mini seems to have better info. Mine will be completed tomorrow but it still says scheduled for production. If the OL was actually updated it would be nice and would reduce the phone calls to them. Plus the forums there are extremely weak and lightly used compared to here at NAM. If BMW/Mini wants to know about their customers all they need to do is hang out on NAM for a day.

Congrats!
So true Weaf!
I think my MA has been visiting here. The minute I post something negative that is happening AGAIN, I get an email update. It's awesome!!!!

My Mini is in Transit and the OL still says scheduled for production. Funny, it has said that now for 10 weeks.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:38 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Deli
Mine should be finished on Monday, Feb 4.
Deli,
we are so close. FINALLY!!!!!

Old 01-31-2013, 10:42 AM
Lady_May
2nd Gear
This is like Christmas....when you know it's tomorrow morning and you think,I'm so excited, I can't sleep, I'm going to stay up all night. Yeah, well, I'm a week away from getting my Mini and I can't sleep.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:49 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Lady_May
This is like Christmas....when you know it's tomorrow morning and you think,I'm so excited, I can't sleep, I'm going to stay up all night. Yeah, well, I'm a week away from getting my Mini and I can't sleep.
Oh lucky, lucky girl. When I was getting married, all i could dream about was my wedding. I thought nothing would take over my dreams like that. Well, (don't tell my husband) but I am dreaming about my Mini every night!

Old 01-31-2013, 11:50 AM
Lady_May
2nd Gear
Haha, oddly enough, I slept like a baby before my wedding. Now all I can do is keep clicking on Marinetraffic trying to see if the ship is close enough to shore to register...waiting is the WORST!

Old 01-31-2013, 12:01 PM
Jolly Rancher
2nd Gear
Kite Blue Hardtop S Ordered 12/21

Hello all.
We ordered our Hardtop S Dec 21st. The status in the Lounge changed to "In Production" on Jan 22nd, and they gave us a completion date of Jan 30th, but when I called this week it was in the body shop the 28th and paint the 29th, and it looks like it's still in production. Hoping our baby is on the Tombarra too! It feels like we've been waiting forever. We are in Seattle. Not sure how much longer it will take after Port Hueneme. A few extras will be done at the dealership, so I think we are looking at mid-March.

Update: Called Ask MINI. Status is still "In paint shop," but completion date has been changed to Jan 31st (that's today). That schedule doesn't seem possible, but it should still be done in time to make the Tombarra (keeping all fingers and toes crossed).

Last edited by Jolly Rancher; 01-31-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:06 PM
Kimpossible
2nd Gear
That would be a blast!!! Let's keep our fingers crossed!
Well, at least we'll be shipmates! Looks like they will have to install the stripes at the dealer, which will delay my pick up. Oh, well. I asked to have the stubby antenna installed while they were at it. My MA chose not to answer my question regarding the time it would take to install the stripes. I'm still curious as to why they couldn't install them at the MINI plant.
He did give me my VIN, so I can obsess as she makes her way to Port Hueneme!

Old 01-31-2013, 04:19 PM
KermitClin
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Lady_May
I feel the same way! I'm pretty sure my husband is getting tired of hearing me talk about the car.

If things progress according to the estimates on Ask MINI's automated system, we're going to get our MINI way earlier than our MA estimated. The down side to that is we were trying to time it so we could use tax return money for some of the down payment. If our return doesn't come in soon enough, or the car comes in too early, she may have to sit at the dealer a few days until the return comes in.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:08 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Well, at least we'll be shipmates! Looks like they will have to install the stripes at the dealer, which will delay my pick up. Oh, well. I asked to have the stubby antenna installed while they were at it. My MA chose not to answer my question regarding the time it would take to install the stripes. I'm still curious as to why they couldn't install them at the MINI plant.
He did give me my VIN, so I can obsess as she makes her way to Port Hueneme!
Kim, I can't get my MA to tell me anything. It hasn't been the best experience at Crevier, that is for sure. I'm supposed to be able to go pick a Mini off the lot that I would like to drive if my car is not here on February 9th. That way I can have a loaner car until it gets here. I'm hoping that they don't give me a hard time about that one. Or about the .9% interest I was told was LOCKED in when I ordered back on 11/24/2012. Fingers are crossed so many times I am going to get arthritis before this ordeal is over with.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:23 PM
Dog Boy
2nd Gear
I just got our production number and my wife is already threatening to tape my mouth shut! It started production 29 Jan. How often does ASK MINI get new info?

Old 01-31-2013, 05:31 PM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Dog Boy
I just got our production number and my wife is already threatening to tape my mouth shut! It started production 29 Jan. How often does ASK MINI get new info?
It is hit or miss, some days the tape recording was on top of it more than the live person on the other line. The mini lounge, basically worthless. Once you start production it's about 7 days to finish. Have fun with the wait!!!

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group