1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 06:08 PM
93VIPER/RT10
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Countryman is on the Figaro pulling into South Hampton to pick up more Minis I suppose. Anyone else getting on that ship??

Old 01-31-2013, 06:19 PM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
It's Southampton...

Old 02-01-2013, 03:55 AM
93VIPER/RT10
Neutral
Really!!!! If thats the biggest mistake I make today, I am ok with it.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:38 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by 93VIPER/RT10
Really!!!! If thats the biggest mistake I make today, I am ok with it.
Promise!

Old 02-01-2013, 05:41 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Home Stretch

Sounds like a ton of us should be either completed and awaiting ships by now or will be by the end of next week. Supposedly my Mini will be completed today Feb 1st but here is the catch as I know many of you can relate, the ships and their schedules. I know the date is today but the unknown is that I don't know if that means completed at 5 AM UK time or 11:59 PM which could make all the difference in the world. The INTEGRITY is departing tomorrow and I doubt I will make that ship plus it will most likely be full anyways, I am crossing my fingers for the BOHEME as it not only leaves on the 3rd but gets to Brunswick, GA (my port) a few days earlier (about a 14 to 17 day journey based on the ships route). Anyone see a car make a ship in about 48 hours after completion as I've only seen 1 noted in the forums? Crossing my fingers otherwise it will be the 10th, a full week longer. The anticipation is stressful but I do feel like many of us (from the extended holiday wait) are finally on the home stretch which is helping me control myself a bit more although I did already try calling Ask-mini this morning (before they opened this morning, oops forgot they weren't 24/7 )

I actually rearranged my work travel schedule to avoid missing my Mini's delivery, so I am crossing my fingers for Feb 22 or 23rd although if we miss the first ship it will be more like March 1st or 2nd.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:15 AM
93VIPER/RT10
Neutral
My car was completed on a Friday as well. It will still have to go through Quality Assurance. It was listed as in transit on Monday or Tuesday of the following week. It then disappeared for almost 10 days, during that time I beleive it was loaded on a train, transported from Graz to Port, then sat there for almost a week and only reappeared on Wednesday as being Loaded on Vessel. All the while pulling my hair out. My guess is your car will not be actually available to be loaded until next Friday at best.

Feel your pain my friend!!!!!!!!

Old 02-01-2013, 07:03 AM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Kimpossible
Well, at least we'll be shipmates! Looks like they will have to install the stripes at the dealer, which will delay my pick up. Oh, well. I asked to have the stubby antenna installed while they were at it. My MA chose not to answer my question regarding the time it would take to install the stripes. I'm still curious as to why they couldn't install them at the MINI plant.
He did give me my VIN, so I can obsess as she makes her way to Port Hueneme!
Looking at my "build list" it's pretty short. I would think that limits any mistakes made. As to mirror covers, stripes and roof decals they are easily done at the dealer. Not so many years ago things were very different, some cars were even shipped as deck cargo and suffered for it. They seem to have an exceptional mentality when it comes to getting it right. Car Carrier ships etc. If this means two or three days extra......I'll have mine right please.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:23 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by weaf27
Sounds like a ton of us should be either completed and awaiting ships by now or will be by the end of next week. Supposedly my Mini will be completed today Feb 1st but here is the catch as I know many of you can relate, the ships and their schedules. I know the date is today but the unknown is that I don't know if that means completed at 5 AM UK time or 11:59 PM which could make all the difference in the world. The INTEGRITY is departing tomorrow and I doubt I will make that ship plus it will most likely be full anyways, I am crossing my fingers for the BOHEME as it not only leaves on the 3rd but gets to Brunswick, GA (my port) a few days earlier (about a 14 to 17 day journey based on the ships route). Anyone see a car make a ship in about 48 hours after completion as I've only seen 1 noted in the forums? Crossing my fingers otherwise it will be the 10th, a full week longer. The anticipation is stressful but I do feel like many of us (from the extended holiday wait) are finally on the home stretch which is helping me control myself a bit more although I did already try calling Ask-mini this morning (before they opened this morning, oops forgot they weren't 24/7 )

I actually rearranged my work travel schedule to avoid missing my Mini's delivery, so I am crossing my fingers for Feb 22 or 23rd although if we miss the first ship it will be more like March 1st or 2nd.
In the days before the Countryman it was possible for cars to be completed and on the ship in a day as it doesn't take long for them to load them on the train in Cowley and get them down to Southampton. With Countryman getting added to the mix I don't know how full the ships are when they arrive in Southampton.

It is possible that your car already has a berth reserved on a ship, I would check W&W's website and see if they already have a slot reserved for your car...

Old 02-01-2013, 08:32 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mbabischkin
In the days before the Countryman it was possible for cars to be completed and on the ship in a day as it doesn't take long for them to load them on the train in Cowley and get them down to Southampton. With Countryman getting added to the mix I don't know how full the ships are when they arrive in Southampton.

It is possible that your car already has a berth reserved on a ship, I would check W&W's website and see if they already have a slot reserved for your car...
I'm guessing that is where you go to "Track and Trace" and put in your VIN under customer reference number? If so I actually tried that but if not tell me where to go as I am more then happy/eager to try it as I am optimistic about everything even when I probably shouldn't be. Figure it never helps to be negative not to be mistaken for letting off steam from time to time when people drive you crazy...

Old 02-01-2013, 08:33 AM
Mini-LSE
3rd Gear
Add me to the list. I ordered my JCW Countryman on the Jan 22nd and the Owners Lounge says "On Order" The recording recording says " scheduled for production with no known production date" and the person that I talk with confirms what the recording says. Is it typical for it not to move for 1.5-2 weeks? LOL! I guess I am just very anxious.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:49 AM
Charlie Victor
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by gilmoregirls999
Charlie Victor, what did you order. There are a few of that I think will be on the Tombarra. We can have a MINI Party
Pepper White/Chili Red JCW Clubman!

Old 02-01-2013, 09:00 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
I'm guessing that is where you go to "Track and Trace" and put in your VIN under customer reference number? If so I actually tried that but if not tell me where to go as I am more then happy/eager to try it as I am optimistic about everything even when I probably shouldn't be. Figure it never helps to be negative not to be mistaken for letting off steam from time to time when people drive you crazy...
That would be it... With your car about to leave the factory it should show up in W&W soon, and their site is updated much faster than the OL...

What I don't know is exactly what point it hits W&W's system - when it's loaded on the train in Cowley, off the train in Southampton, or into the car park on the dock in Southampton...

Old 02-01-2013, 09:04 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
For those of you waiting for cars coming out of Southampton, if they don't go right onto the ship then they end up here:

or here:

Don't look for your car in these shots though - they were taken in September of 2004!

Old 02-01-2013, 09:48 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear

weaf, if i go by what the live person at ask-mini told me and when my car hit the docks and then loaded it was 24hrs. I called ask Mini the evening of the 28th and they said it was going through final inspection.
WW lines gave me this info when i put in my vin#
booked @ 29/1/13 17:35:00
Recieved @ Terminal 29/1/13 17:37:00
Loaded on Vessel 29/1/13 18:13:00

And ship was out of the port bt 24:00:00 because the ship shows it left port on the 29th.

I think once you get on the train and there is no huge back up, (dont think there is because the plant was closed for so long my bet would be that there is not many in front of you), you should be good. The question is can you get on the train in time...

Good Luck

Old 02-01-2013, 09:49 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mbabischkin
For those of you waiting for cars coming out of Southampton, if they don't go right onto the ship then they end up here:

or here:

Don't look for your car in these shots though - they were taken in September of 2004!
Amazing even if they are old photos thank you.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:51 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Mini-LSE
Add me to the list. I ordered my JCW Countryman on the Jan 22nd and the Owners Lounge says "On Order" The recording recording says " scheduled for production with no known production date" and the person that I talk with confirms what the recording says. Is it typical for it not to move for 1.5-2 weeks? LOL! I guess I am just very anxious.
Yes, mine took a week before it was issued vin# and production was to start. Then Christmas vacation hit the plant and that is a whole other issue .

Good Luck, waiting sucks.

Last edited by blknblu; 02-01-2013 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Need spell check
Old 02-01-2013, 09:56 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
I'm kind of taking two things into account:
No massive surplus of CMs as their factory was open minus the regular holidays.
Lack of excess Mini's at the port due to Oxford being closed and not producing cars while the ships were still transporting throughout the holidays.

Figure that leaves plenty of room on the ships when they get to Southhampton and no major backlog of Minis trying to get on the ships.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:58 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by blknblu
weaf, if i go by what the live person at ask-mini told me and when my car hit the docks and then loaded it was 24hrs. I called ask Mini the evening of the 28th and they said it was going through final inspection.
WW lines gave me this info when i put in my vin#
booked @ 29/1/13 17:35:00
Recieved @ Terminal 29/1/13 17:37:00
Loaded on Vessel 29/1/13 18:13:00

And ship was out of the port bt 24:00:00 because the ship shows it left port on the 29th.

I think once you get on the train and there is no huge back up, (dont think there is because the plant was closed for so long my bet would be that there is not many in front of you), you should be good. The question is can you get on the train in time...

Good Luck

Is this what you used?

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

Old 02-01-2013, 09:58 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
I'm kind of taking two things into account:
No massive surplus of CMs as their factory was open minus the regular holidays.
Lack of excess Mini's at the port due to Oxford being closed and not producing cars while the ships were still transporting throughout the holidays.

Figure that leaves plenty of room on the ships when they get to Southhampton and no major backlog of Minis trying to get on the ships.
Yep, they drove mine off train and on to the boat.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:04 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Mini-LSE
Some of us have waited between 5 to 8 weeks due to the holidays before our cars went into production. Although there have been a few on here that have reported ordering their cars and production starting just a few days later. At least you have a production # as that took a week or two for a few of us also.
The production # means that the dealer actually had an allocation available to sell a "ordered" car or traded for one from another dealer as that works too.

Hang in there I am sure things are just picking up and you should hear something soon although you may need to call the ASK-Mini to find out when it does happen. As for the OL, I expect when I finally get my Mini from the dealer it will still showing "Scheduled for Production".

Old 02-01-2013, 10:09 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Yes, about 50 times that day until it finally showed

Old 02-01-2013, 10:15 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Dog Boy
I just got our production number and my wife is already threatening to tape my mouth shut! It started production 29 Jan. How often does ASK MINI get new info?
Hahahaha, that is awesome. My hubby leaves the room when I start talking about it. He says his selective hearing kicks in and he is selecting NOT to hear me. Heck, I don't really blame him!

Old 02-01-2013, 10:16 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by blknblu
Yes, about 50 times that day until it finally showed
Cool so I only have 25 more times to check today !
Just kidding but I have tried it about 6 times so you trying it 50 makes me feel a little less OC. Today.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:24 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear

Hey Weaf,
How's it going? Hanging in there?? Well, my vehicle finished production on the 30th and made it to the port of exit on the 31st. 24 hours after finishing production. Now, the wait is that there isn't another ship leaving for our coast until 2/6. Hurts to know she will just be sitting there for almost another week. arghhhhhhh.

Oh wait, this post wasn't about me, it's about you! I'm going to be a betting gal and say your baby is going to make the ship!!!
Good luck and fingers crossed!

Old 02-01-2013, 10:27 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Cool so I only have 25 more times to check today !
Just kidding but I have tried it about 6 times so you trying it 50 makes me feel a little less OC. Today.
As long as we have been waiting i would have been willing to fly to oxford and drive the damn thing to the port!!! Now i just follow the boat on(http://www.sailwx.info/). Slow *** thing

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group