1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 01:46 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=weaf27;3671090]Actually when you drive a chili red too fast it becomes orange until it cools back down. QUOTE]

Weaf, you seriously crack me up!

Old 02-01-2013, 02:43 PM
PFSIII
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Jake C6R
Hey GG and all you 1st Gear Maniacs! I got a few pix to prove it got here! It is so bright out here today that the paint looks orange, but I can assure you it is Chili Red! I have about 250 miles on it so far and I can't wait to finish break in so I can have some real fun with it - hee hee.

Without further ado here are some pix - and I hope you all are posting yours soon!

The car looks great! Love the checkerboard floor mats!
Enjoy!!

Old 02-01-2013, 02:43 PM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Hey GG and all you 1st Gear Maniacs! I got a few pix to prove it got here! It is so bright out here today that the paint looks orange, but I can assure you it is Chili Red! I have about 250 miles on it so far and I can't wait to finish break in so I can have some real fun with it - hee hee.

Without further ado here are some pix - and I hope you all are posting yours soon!
Gorgeous! Looks great thanks for the update.

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring

Old 02-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Kimpossible
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by gilmoregirls999
Kim, I can't get my MA to tell me anything. It hasn't been the best experience at Crevier, that is for sure. I'm supposed to be able to go pick a Mini off the lot that I would like to drive if my car is not here on February 9th. That way I can have a loaner car until it gets here. I'm hoping that they don't give me a hard time about that one. Or about the .9% interest I was told was LOCKED in when I ordered back on 11/24/2012. Fingers are crossed so many times I am going to get arthritis before this ordeal is over with.
GG-
I'm sorry for you. I wish you had my MA. He sends me updates on his own (without me nagging) and checks daily on the status of my car. I appreciate that.
I hope they don't give you a hard time. Your car has been on order forever! That's just ridiculous! Keeping my fingers crossed for you as well!

Old 02-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Kimpossible
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Twstgrp
Looking at my "build list" it's pretty short. I would think that limits any mistakes made. As to mirror covers, stripes and roof decals they are easily done at the dealer. Not so many years ago things were very different, some cars were even shipped as deck cargo and suffered for it. They seem to have an exceptional mentality when it comes to getting it right. Car Carrier ships etc. If this means two or three days extra......I'll have mine right please.
Thanks for the info Twstgrp! The issue with my stripes was that I built the car with them in the JCW package, but when the dealer tried to order it that way, MINI came back and said that they could not install stripes on a Reef Blue Coupe. Period. My MA and I were very confused, as I was able to build it that way and paid for the stripes in the package. The dealer originally wanted to charge me again for the stripes and the labor to install at the dealer and I put up a stink about it. All's well now. Just bummed at any additonal time without my new car is all.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Jake C6R
3rd Gear
Thanks Everyone!

Originally Posted by weaf27
Actually when you drive a chili red too fast it becomes orange until it cools back down. Thank you for the awesome photos! Love the all red trim inside as I did the same with black but you can guarantee I tried red and even red and black too on the configurator. Wish they offered blue interior trim but o'well...

250 miles...seems like such a dream to most of us but soon it will be reality. Thank you again.
Weaf, PFSIII, BLKNBLU, GG and all, it seemed like forever and at one point I almost said forget it and bought something else! But yours will get here and in a strange way the anticipation is part of the fun. Thanks for the nice comments!

So having said that, maybe I'll just post a couple more pix because I am so happy it's here!

I played a little hooky from work today and got it cleaned up before the guys come tomorrow to install the xpel clear bra. Doing the full hood, bumper, mirror backs and pillars. So I wanted to polish it first.

Name:  NewJCWPix008_zps60965b30.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  127.8 KB
Name:  NewJCWPix013_zps7c44df31.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  128.2 KB
Name:  NewJCWPix015_zps34fb5ae0.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  117.9 KB

Name:  NewJCWPix019_zps5c277d22.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  104.0 KB
Name:  NewJCWPix010_zpsdcaaa51c.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  99.0 KB

Old 02-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Kimpossible
2nd Gear
Holy Crap, My Vin says she is already booked on a ship!! She will be on the Gentle Leader. This ship leaves on 02/03/2013 and is expected to dock in Port Hueneme on 02/27/2013. OMG, OMG, OMG I think I am tearing up!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe after checking the WW site nearly 1 billion times, she has finally shown up!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!
WOO HOO!!! I didn't know there was a ship leaving then! I'm so happy for you, GG!!!

Old 02-01-2013, 05:58 PM
blknblu
3rd Gear

Weaf, PFSIII, BLKNBLU, GG and all, it seemed like forever and at one point I almost said forget it and bought something else! But yours will get here and in a strange way the anticipation is part of the fun. Thanks for the nice comments!

So having said that, maybe I'll just post a couple more pix because I am so happy it's here!

I played a little hooky from work today and got it cleaned up before the guys come tomorrow to install the xpel clear bra. Doing the full hood, bumper, mirror backs and pillars. So I wanted to polish it first.
That's awesome Jake, I am with you, almost went to the Chevy dealer and bought the camaro I was looking at. Glad I didn't because the more pics I see with all the different customizations makes me want my Mini all the more.

Speaking of, what is in the back seat? Storage?

Have a good weekend, since I am sure you will be no place near a comp to give us updates on your rides (at least I wouldn't be) haha

Old 02-01-2013, 06:10 PM
Jake C6R
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by blknblu
That's awesome Jake, I am with you, almost went to the Chevy dealer and bought the camaro I was looking at. Glad I didn't because the more pics I see with all the different customizations makes me want my Mini all the more.

Speaking of, what is in the back seat? Storage?

Have a good weekend, since I am sure you will be no place near a comp to give us updates on your rides (at least I wouldn't be) haha

Hey Blknblu, drove it a bunch in some local hills after cleaning today - fun but under 4,500 rpm is no good - I'm always watching to make sure I don't go over...

That thing in the back is just a wind screen that has storage compartments in it. The whole thing pops out in a few seconds, spring loaded arms hold it in. But it makes a big difference going 75 or so on the freeway - with the windows up you can hear the stereo great and the wind is only on top of your head, not in your ears. If you ever had a ragtop the thing is when the wind beats your eardrums for a long distance it is much less fun...

Old 02-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Dog Boy
2nd Gear
Awesome pics. Keep 'em coming!

Old 02-01-2013, 07:06 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
[quote=gilmoregirls999;3671098]
Actually when you drive a chili red too fast it becomes orange until it cools back down. QUOTE]

Weaf, you seriously crack me up!
Sorry between two boys (11 yr and 17 yr old Sons) and a my wife who says I have major issues which I do not argue I seem to see the world in a completely different perspective then most other people. I could actually imagine the red paint just heating up like a saucy orange pepper...just seemed natural.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:10 PM
weaf27
4th Gear

Hey I just noticed your lights and your grill are all blacked out on the trim!
Was that factory or after factory? I thought it was supposed to be chrome.
I would love that to be all black...

Old 02-01-2013, 07:20 PM
Jake C6R
3rd Gear
Hey I just noticed your lights and your grill are all blacked out on the trim!
Was that factory or after factory? I thought it was supposed to be chrome.
I would love that to be all black...
HI Weaf, you are correct and very observant! No, indeed I have the mod sickness so I had these parts maybe two months before I got the car!

In fact, I put them on in the garage the night I got it home - took all of about 30 minutes but I could do it again in 10 LOL.

Those are the blackout parts. Hood trim, lower grille and headlight rings. I would have done the tailinght trim rings but they have been on backorder for months at ECS tuning, they just changed my expected delivery to March

So yes I agree with you 100% those parts should be black! That's why I got the black headlight housings. Nice call!

Old 02-01-2013, 07:28 PM
weaf27
4th Gear
HI Weaf, you are correct and very observant! No, indeed I have the mod sickness so I had these parts maybe two months before I got the car!

In fact, I put them on in the garage the night I got it home - took all of about 30 minutes but I could do it again in 10 LOL.

Those are the blackout parts. Hood trim, lower grille and headlight rings. I would have done the tailinght trim rings but they have been on backorder for months at ECS tuning, they just changed my expected delivery to March

So yes I agree with you 100% those parts should be black! That's why I got the black headlight housings. Nice call!
Looks awesome.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:40 PM
Charlie Victor
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Holy Crap, My Vin says she is already booked on a ship!! She will be on the Gentle Leader. This ship leaves on 02/03/2013 and is expected to dock in Port Hueneme on 02/27/2013.
Hey, mine is too! Let's go for a cruise!

Old 02-02-2013, 05:12 AM
WilliamRobert
1st Gear
Holy Crap, My Vin says she is already booked on a ship!! She will be on the Gentle Leader. This ship leaves on 02/03/2013 and is expected to dock in Port Hueneme on 02/27/2013. OMG, OMG, OMG I think I am tearing up!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe after checking the WW site nearly 1 billion times, she has finally shown up!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!
Congratulations GG and everyone else thats had to endure the holiday shutdown. Oh wait, wasn't the Gentle Leader the ship on the Twlight Zone that disappeared a few years back. Just kidding, Y'all's cars are finally that much closer to home. Beautiful car Jake, I've got almost 1500 miles on mine since jan 5 and work is only 6 miles from the house, I don't have a clue where I've been going, must be runnin lots of errands, GG, seems like I must be sleeping in it.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:58 AM
M'Cooper
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There almost here ! Congrats

Old 02-02-2013, 07:56 AM
Jolly Rancher
2nd Gear
Yippee! We are booked onto ship!

Looks like we are on the Gentle Leader too. We are so excited. Now we are really wishing we had somehow arranged to pick up the car in Cali and drive it home to Seattle.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:12 AM
seabeast
2nd Gear
Aaargh, you're killing me!

I know, right!!! I am looking at the shipping schedule and this is what appears
SOUTHAMPTON 11/02/2013 PORT HUENEME, CA 03/03/2013 TOMBARRA CD306-TOM20 Book It

Notice the Gentle leader is not on this list.

However, look at what happens when I put my VIN in

Booking #
Vessel Name: GENTLE LEADER
Voyage Number: 0032-GEL
Port of Load: SOUTHAMPTON
EDT: 03-02-2013
Port of Discharge: PORT HUENEME, CA
ETA: 27-02-2013
Aargh, why isn't my MINI on that ship yet? I was so excited when I saw your post about the Gentle Leader, but despite my frantic refreshing of the VIN search page, my VIN hasn't turned up yet on any ship. ASK-MINI told me yesterday that my car is waiting at the port, so I'm still crossing my fingers it joins yours rather than waiting for TOMBARRA.

-Brett

Old 02-02-2013, 10:28 AM
///Chris
2nd Gear
Mine is done too! Waiting at the port, I'm hoping it's a last minute load...

Then our twin cars can be shipmates too! Ha.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:01 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Kimpossible
WOO HOO!!! I didn't know there was a ship leaving then! I'm so happy for you, GG!!!
Awwww shucks, thanks Kim!!!

We will still have to set a time to let our Mini's meet!!!!
Glad to hear your MA is so proactive. I've been asking for 3 days for an update and only get silence. But, such is life, I've become quite the resourceful googler. lol

Here is to seeing your Mini stateside!

Old 02-02-2013, 12:03 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by seabeast
Aargh, why isn't my MINI on that ship yet? I was so excited when I saw your post about the Gentle Leader, but despite my frantic refreshing of the VIN search page, my VIN hasn't turned up yet on any ship. ASK-MINI told me yesterday that my car is waiting at the port, so I'm still crossing my fingers it joins yours rather than waiting for TOMBARRA.

-Brett
Hey Brett~
Not that I am obsessive but but I was tracking the Gentle Leader and it appears she is about 100 miles from port. I guess they can load her quickly because she is expected to leave port tomorrow. I gotta think that you will show up in the tracking system shortly The wait and see game is the most painful

Old 02-02-2013, 12:05 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by WilliamRobert
Congratulations GG and everyone else thats had to endure the holiday shutdown. Oh wait, wasn't the Gentle Leader the ship on the Twlight Zone that disappeared a few years back. Just kidding, Y'all's cars are finally that much closer to home. Beautiful car Jake, I've got almost 1500 miles on mine since jan 5 and work is only 6 miles from the house, I don't have a clue where I've been going, must be runnin lots of errands, GG, seems like I must be sleeping in it.
I wouldn't doubt if this ship somehow gets lost in the Bermuda Triangle.

I'm assuring myself that all the bad was left at the factory and now my Mini is feeling free and waiting for me

Old 02-02-2013, 12:06 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
[quote=weaf27;3671287]

Sorry between two boys (11 yr and 17 yr old Sons) and a my wife who says I have major issues which I do not argue I seem to see the world in a completely different perspective then most other people. I could actually imagine the red paint just heating up like a saucy orange pepper...just seemed natural.
Your sense of humor reminds me of my husbands. Love it

Old 02-02-2013, 12:09 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Jolly Rancher
Looks like we are on the Gentle Leader too. We are so excited. Now we are really wishing we had somehow arranged to pick up the car in Cali and drive it home to Seattle.
Jolly Rancher, Seabeast, Victor Cruise welcome aboard. You too Chris, let's make sure you are part of the party!!! Who brought the cocktails, I'm all polished and ready to get this 24 day party started.

And a big thanks for checking in M'Cooper and William Robert. I bet you are loving your babies!!! I hope you are both out tearing up your roads!!!!

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group