1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 11:12 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought I would share some other Mini websites in case you all want to do some shopping today
outmotoring.com
waymotorworks.com
minimania.com
mossmini.com
carbonmini.com
stuckonminis.com

Old 02-06-2013, 11:51 AM
weaf27
4th Gear
Originally Posted by gilmoregirls999
I thought I would share some other Mini websites in case you all want to do some shopping today
outmotoring.com
waymotorworks.com
minimania.com
mossmini.com
carbonmini.com
stuckonminis.com
Yeah like when people eat Cake or smoke they don't like to be the only one. Don't worry I am trying to buy cleaning and waxing supplies but it is SO CONFUSING now days with polymers without polymers, prep, wash, wax, seal, errr.... I finally decided to buy Prima products from all the good words that have been said about the products here on NAM but I can't get anyone to have all the items in stock at one time at any of the stores and I am still waiting for Prima to email me back as I told them what I wanted to do and what products I was looking for but wanted to make sure I bought the right ones to go with each other but have not heard back yet from them.

I'm impressed by the Prima Epic product but need to know what to and what not to wash it with and if it needs to be sealed also and if that will hurt the wet gloss look I am going for on my future Midnight Black. If it isn't an absolute liquid looking finish the Teleport feature won't work properly.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by weaf27
Yeah like when people eat Cake or smoke they don't like to be the only one. Don't worry I am trying to buy cleaning and waxing supplies but it is SO CONFUSING now days with polymers without polymers, prep, wash, wax, seal, errr.... I finally decided to buy Prima products from all the good words that have been said about the products here on NAM but I can't get anyone to have all the items in stock at one time at any of the stores and I am still waiting for Prima to email me back as I told them what I wanted to do and what products I was looking for but wanted to make sure I bought the right ones to go with each other but have not heard back yet from them.

I'm impressed by the Prima Epic product but need to know what to and what not to wash it with and if it needs to be sealed also and if that will hurt the wet gloss look I am going for on my future Midnight Black. If it isn't an absolute liquid looking finish the Teleport feature won't work properly.
Weaf27, you may want to look here and see what they have.

http://www.autogeek.net/prima-car-care.html

Another one, but they don't carry near as many products as the first one.

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Prima...are_c_167.html

Old 02-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Kimpossible
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by weaf27
From my understanding 1 day is enough time but don't get your hopes up too high for the first ship as my Mini missed the first two ships it could have gotten on. My Mini is now awaiting the 3rd possible boat for the voyage home.
Obviously there is either a big back log already or the ships are close to full when they arrive to pickup the Minis. You'd think they could hide our Mini's all over the ship with how much smaller they are compared to Range Rovers and Jags (supposedly they are on the ships also).
Thanks for the info! I'll try not to get my hopes up (Ha, sure! ). Now that I read departure is back to the 11th, I'll breathe a little easier. Hoping that the Tombarra is EMPTY when she arrives at Southampton. It sucks how many boats you've missed. Fingers crossed that you'll be first in line on the next one...

Old 02-06-2013, 12:39 PM
blknblu
3rd Gear
outmotoring.com
waymotorworks.com
minimania.com
mossmini.com
carbonmini.com
stuckonminis.com
http://www.gobadges.com/Default.asp

Fun Stuff

Old 02-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Superchicken
2nd Gear
My baby is at the port! No shipping info yet, but I just bugged my MA. Anyone else shipping soon to Charleston, SC?

Old 02-06-2013, 01:10 PM
Lady_May
2nd Gear
Woohoo! My baby cleared customs in Baltimore. Not long now.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:10 PM
Kimpossible
2nd Gear
My girl is in the paint shop since yesterday 2/5/13 and should be moving into assembly next (hopefully today). Is two days in paint normal? Production date still showing tomorrow 2/7/13.
Called ASKMINI and she told me that I should make the Tombarra (though she couldn't guarantee, blah, blah...) barring any issues in QA. I'm cool with that IF there are no issues. I really don't want to wait an additional 2+ weeks at port.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:20 PM
seabeast
2nd Gear
So close...

Originally Posted by ///Chris
Cars on the Manon and the Endurance are showing up on the tracking site!

I know this because the cars with the VIN serial numbers in sequence with mine and Seabeast's have popped in! Darn east coasters getting their cars quicker - provided there's not a superbowl
Dang, I see that numbers 564, 565, 566, and 569 are all in the system. But our cars, numbers 567 and 568, are still MIA. They probably keep track of which numbers people search for the most often, and then delay posting them to the database just to mess with us.

-Brett

Old 02-06-2013, 01:22 PM
///Chris
2nd Gear
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised by anything! Ha.

Originally Posted by seabeast
Dang, I see that numbers 564, 565, 566, and 569 are all in the system. But our cars, numbers 567 and 568, are still MIA. They probably keep track of which numbers people search for the most often, and then delay posting them to the database just to mess with us.

-Brett

Old 02-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Jolly Rancher
2nd Gear
2 days in paint shop

Originally Posted by Kimpossible
My girl is in the paint shop since yesterday 2/5/13 and should be moving into assembly next (hopefully today). Is two days in paint normal? Production date still showing tomorrow 2/7/13.
Called ASKMINI and she told me that I should make the Tombarra (though she couldn't guarantee, blah, blah...) barring any issues in QA. I'm cool with that IF there are no issues. I really don't want to wait an additional 2+ weeks at port.
Ours was in the paint shop for several days, according to ASKMINI, but then it was suddenly completed and on its way to the port. Yours must be almost done.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:49 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by blknblu
Goodness Graciousness, I just spent even more money. I know, I know, I am such a girl but....... I got the folowing items and am going to have them blinged out to put on my baby. She's going otb e so purdeeeee!

Front & Back Emblems
https://www.outmotoring.com/mini-coo...ogo_badge.html
Turbo
https://www.outmotoring.com/turbo-ba...e-cursive.html
Cooper S
https://www.outmotoring.com/replacem...-s-emblem.html
Not to mention the 4 badges I bought. OMG, the badges are awesome!!!!
Please get her soon or I'm going to be a broke divorced woman! lol lol lol :g rin:

Old 02-06-2013, 01:51 PM
Jolly Rancher
2nd Gear
Cleared customs?

Originally Posted by Lady_May
So jealous! I know you will probably be too busy driving, but please post pics ASAP so we can live vicariously.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:57 PM
///Chris
2nd Gear
ASK-MINI told me mine was in paint until it told me it was awaiting transport. As I remember, it was "in paint" for three days.

Originally Posted by Kimpossible

Old 02-06-2013, 02:29 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
What is the difference between an "S" and a turbo?

Old 02-06-2013, 02:31 PM
///Chris
2nd Gear
The S has a turbo in it. The moniker "turbo" isn't used on the Mini though, the badge in your picture looks like it's from a VW I think?

What is the difference between an "S" and a turbo?

Old 02-06-2013, 02:59 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
The S has a turbo in it. The moniker "turbo" isn't used on the Mini though, the badge in your picture looks like it's from a VW I think?
So, if I added a turbo emblem to my vehicle it'd be tru that I do have a turbo?

Actually, the one in the link is a MINI Turbo just in crusive not block.

OMG, this is exciting

Old 02-06-2013, 03:06 PM
///Chris
2nd Gear
Well, to elaborate - the Cooper S already has a turbocharger in it, but they decided to not put a badge on the outside of the car stating that. The normal Cooper doesn't have a Turbo, though.

Check out this link, you'll see what I mean that the logo is from a VW: http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-...lem/ES2202474/

Obviously you can stick it on any car you want

So, if I added a turbo emblem to my vehicle it'd be tru that I do have a turbo?

Actually, the one in the link is a MINI Turbo just in crusive not block.

OMG, this is exciting

Old 02-06-2013, 03:16 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Well, to elaborate - the Cooper S already has a turbocharger in it, but they decided to not put a badge on the outside of the car stating that. The normal Cooper doesn't have a Turbo, though.

Check out this link, you'll see what I mean that the logo is from a VW: http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-...lem/ES2202474/

Obviously you can stick it on any car you want
I switched it to this one
http://www.outmotoring.com/mini-coop...rbo_badge.html

Old 02-06-2013, 03:17 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
ASK-MINI told me mine was in paint until it told me it was awaiting transport. As I remember, it was "in paint" for three days.
Yep, mine was exactly the same way. I was in Paint for 5 days and then I was on a ship! They are so horrible at keeping that thing up to date!!!!

Old 02-06-2013, 03:19 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
In case anyone is interested, the Gentle Leader is still afloat and just off the coast of Spain!

Old 02-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Lady_May
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Jolly Rancher

So jealous! I know you will probably be too busy driving, but please post pics ASAP so we can live vicariously.
Oh you better believe I will be posting pictures!! Already been scoping out places to shoot (I'm a photographer in my real life) :D

Old 02-06-2013, 03:31 PM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
YAY!!!! Living vicarisously through you!! Can't wait to see some photos

Old 02-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
Jealous, but congrats!

Old 02-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Jolly Rancher
2nd Gear
Gentle Leader location

In case anyone is interested, the Gentle Leader is still afloat and just off the coast of Spain!
Which app are you using to track the Gentle Leader? I have been using Marine Traffic (free) iPhone app, and also Vessel Finder.com. As far as I can tell, it is currently out of range of their tracking and I am guessing it's now half-way between Portugal and the Azores. I tracked the previous ship, the Topeka, and it was passing the Azores a couple of days ago.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group