1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 04:21 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by weaf27
Love it as I am getting a JCW and all it says is John Cooper Works. I know it may sound odd but I am jealous of the "Cooper S" logo as everyone gets it Mini "Cooper" but the average non-Mini owner doesn't get the JCW logo. I am still considering the "Cooper S" logo with an extra "S" for "Cooper SS". S on Mini originally stood for "Special" so I figured "Super Special" for SS.
I replaced the Cooper S badge on our MCS with a MINI Cooper Sport badge from a Classic...

And I added the John Cooper signature badge right above it...

Old 02-07-2013, 04:22 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by KermitClin
I'm on the Endurance headed from Southampton to Baltimore today!

What's everyone's favorite websites or apps to track ships so far?

http://www.sailwx.info/

Tracks ships that are in the Atlantic.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:25 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by blknblu
http://www.sailwx.info/

Tracks ships that are in the Atlantic.
Here is the Endurance, looks like its still in port.

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-51139c94_22f1_0.jpg  
Old 02-07-2013, 06:03 AM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks blknblu, I'll use sailwx for future reference.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:09 AM
Jake C6R
3rd Gear
More Pix - Xpel Clear Bra Installed

Hi all, since I know everyone loves pix here in 1st gear, here are a few of my Xpel film install - during and after...

Doing the headlights...

Name:  NewJCWPix024_zpse4dd4e8b.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  92.2 KB

Headlight done...

Name:  NewJCWPix026_zps44c68d4d.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  109.7 KB

Mirror back done...

Name:  NewJCWPix025_zpsd6ee874b.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  90.4 KB

Door handle cup...

Name:  NewJCWPix027_zps26199e42.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  76.6 KB

Hood in progress...looks bad but gets better...

Name:  NewJCWPix028_zpsbbf18faa.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  92.1 KB

Name:  Xpelfilm_zpsb5c963e9.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  112.4 KB

All done! No rock chips for the new Mini!!!

Name:  NewJCWPix029_zpse17d8a43.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  82.4 KB

I'm very happy with the install and with the full hood done you can't even notice it.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:14 AM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Jolly Rancher
For WW shipping info, go to:
https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

Type your VIN into the "Cargo ID" box, and hit the Track button.
WHAAAAA it's locked and won't let me register a user name etc.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:18 AM
///Chris
2nd Gear
Change the link to this: https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/

I find it breaks sometimes when you have text after the gstattweb.

Originally Posted by Twstgrp

Old 02-07-2013, 06:29 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Jake C6R
Hi all, since I know everyone loves pix here in 1st gear, here are a few of my Xpel film install - during and after...

Doing the headlights...

Headlight done...

Mirror back done...

Door handle cup...

I'm very happy with the install and with the full hood done you can't even notice it.
Jake, looks great. Can I ask who did and what it cost (price range).

No lines, I have heard that sometimes you see lines on darker color vehicles?

Thanks

Old 02-07-2013, 06:43 AM
weaf27
4th Gear

Doing the headlights...

Headlight done...

Mirror back done...

Door handle cup...

Great photos, Thank you very much. Could you list the products you used such as links to them if sold online? Also you wouldn't happen to have a video for youtube of your hood sealing? If I started and the initial start looked all wrinkled I think I would have freaked out.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:52 AM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
Called Mike @ Princeton Mini, Expected shipping date, the 10th, Expected arrival@ Dealers, March 1st.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:42 AM
Jake C6R
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by blknblu
Jake, looks great. Can I ask who did and what it cost (price range).

No lines, I have heard that sometimes you see lines on darker color vehicles?

Thanks
Blknblu & Weaf,

It was done by Clear Pros in Murrieta, but they did the install in my garage. I had the full hood, bumper, mirror backs, headlights, foglights and door handle cups done. Total was $750 and they used Xpel ultimate film.

What I like about that film is that it is self "healing" so if it gets a surface scratch it will come out in the sun. Here is a link to their site that has a demo of the film being scratched up with a wire brush then they use hot water to eliminate the scratches. Another thing I like about it is that it has a very shiny clear coat that reflects like paint. My last clear bra was 3M and I like this material better as far as looking like a paint finish.

http://www.clear-pro.com/

As far as lines go, the only lines to speak of are the small gaps around the outside of the stripes, where the clear bra goes over them and then back down onto the hood. I don't think you would notice it unless I pointed it out to you. If I had it to do over I would have skipped the hood stripes at the factory, installed the clear bra, then installed the stripes over the top of the clear bra. But I didn't want to hassle with removing them so I went over the top and I am happy with it. They offered to cut around the stripes if I wanted but I preferred this way as I don't have to worry about any wax buildup along the stripe edges. I don't think any dirt can get into the gap at the top because the clear bra is higher up than where the stripes start.

Weaf you asked about products and I have been using Sal Zaino's stuff for years to maintain my paint. I think you will have a hard time finding anyone who has tried it that doesn't swear by it. His site is http://www.zainostore.com/

I won't bore everyone with the product details but I have used most of them at one time or another and have never been disappointed. You can PM me if you need any info on that.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:54 AM
Jolly Rancher
2nd Gear
WW Track & Trace: without logging in

Originally Posted by Twstgrp
In Customer Centre, click Track & Trace. Takes you to the cargo search page. You should not need to log in, just type your VIN into the Cargo ID box (furthest right box) and click Track.

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/customerCentre/index.jsp

Old 02-07-2013, 09:35 AM
Prodigalson
1st Gear
Just thought I would wait with you guys. Amelia is in Southhapton at the dock at the moment, awaiting a boat. I'm hoping for Endurance, but her VIN number (MWWSY3C58DT565897) isn't popping up yet, and the boat is leaving today, so it looks like I will probably be waiting for next month.W
Someone asked about their production number, and I just wanted to share my frustration over this. I ordered on December 2nd, and live about equal distant (2-3 hours) from any Mini Dealership. The MA told me that it had been ordered multiple times in December (I called every week), but then in January when I still didn't have the production number, it finally got ordered. I think they didn't have a slot for me, and instead of telling me that (and me calling around for one) they simply told me they had ordered it. It took until January 11th to finally get my production number from the MA. The Mini people have been great, and the car has moved through production just fine, just watch out and make sure to get your production number!

Last edited by Prodigalson; 02-07-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:38 AM
///Chris
2nd Gear
Your VIN should be WMW, not MWW - however even the right way isn't showing up in the tracking system yet. Hopefully you make it! They seem like they can get people in on the same day, so you have a chance.

Originally Posted by Prodigalson
Just thought I would wait with you guys. Amelia is in Southhapton at the dock at the moment, awaiting a boat. I'm hoping for Endurance, but her VIN number (MWWSY3C58DT565897) isn't popping up yet, and the boat is leaving today, so it looks like I will probably be waiting for next month.

Someone asked about their production number, and I just wanted to share my frustration over this. I ordered on December 2nd, and live about equal distant (2-3 hours) from any Mini Dealership. The MA told me that it had been ordered multiple times in December (I called every week), but then in January when I still didn't have the production number, it finally got ordered. I think they didn't have a slot for me, and instead of telling me that (and me calling around for one) they simply told me they had ordered it. It took until January 11th to finally get my production number from the MA. The Mini people have been great, and the car has moved through production just fine, just watch out and make sure to get your production number!

Old 02-07-2013, 10:03 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Deli
Well, my baby's finished and awaiting transport. The end is in sight...
Deli,
YAY Yay YAY . I know it's been a long haul for you too!!!!!!!

Old 02-07-2013, 10:07 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by weaf27
Love it as I am getting a JCW and all it says is John Cooper Works. I know it may sound odd but I am jealous of the "Cooper S" logo as everyone gets it Mini "Cooper" but the average non-Mini owner doesn't get the JCW logo. I am still considering the "Cooper S" logo with an extra "S" for "Cooper SS". S on Mini originally stood for "Special" so I figured "Super Special" for SS.
I LOVE IT!

You're right, lot's of people don't get that the JCW is the creme da la creme! (but don't forget the chili red is the fatest) hahahahaha

Old 02-07-2013, 10:08 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Just thought I would wait with you guys. Amelia is in Southhapton at the dock at the moment, awaiting a boat. I'm hoping for Endurance, but her VIN number (MWWSY3C58DT565897) isn't popping up yet, and the boat is leaving today, so it looks like I will probably be waiting for next month.W
My dates might be a little off, but MINI closed down for christmas about the 21st, and the plant itself was closed for another couple weeks after that. So it sounds like they didnt have a production # for you and couldnt get one until the offices opened up on the 9th. I have been waiting since the 10th of december along with a couple of other people. Gilmoregirls has been waiting since the dawn of time i think , hang in there almost done!!

Old 02-07-2013, 10:08 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gilmoregirls999
I LOVE IT!

You're right, lot's of people don't get that the JCW is the creme da la creme! (but don't forget the chili red is the fatest) hahahahaha
Sorry - in a side by side taste test - BLAZING Red is faster...

Old 02-07-2013, 10:10 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Jolly Rancher
I did the same thing...was scratching my head wondering why it had stopped moving. Just got a position update now though. It's passing to the south of the Azores. Inching its way to Port Hueneme.
Woohoo!!

I'm doing a private party dance in my office Uh-oh, I hope nobody is watching!

Old 02-07-2013, 10:11 AM
Jolly Rancher
2nd Gear
Wait time at Southampton

Is the average wait time at the dock in Southampton posted anywhere? I was just wondering...seems it would be helpful to a lot of folks. Our car just missed the Topeka, and we figured we were waiting for the Tombarra, but then it appeared on the Gentle Leader, which isn't even a WW-line ship, and was not ever on the WW schedule, but it's at sea and headed for Port Hueneme with a lot of MINIs on board.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:18 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear

Doing the headlights...

Headlight done...

Mirror back done...

Door handle cup...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, She's a beauty!!!!

Can you tell me more about the coating you had put on her. I really want to do that. My last Mini really took a punding with the rock chips from the freeway driving (I'm somewhat of a tailgater) and being so low to the ground and everyone out here in So Cal drives those damn big suburbans, My Mini took all the chips on the hood!

Old 02-07-2013, 10:22 AM
gilmoregirls999
4th Gear
Blknblu & Weaf,

It was done by Clear Pros in Murrieta, but they did the install in my garage. I had the full hood, bumper, mirror backs, headlights, foglights and door handle cups done. Total was $750 and they used Xpel ultimate film.

What I like about that film is that it is self "healing" so if it gets a surface scratch it will come out in the sun. Here is a link to their site that has a demo of the film being scratched up with a wire brush then they use hot water to eliminate the scratches. Another thing I like about it is that it has a very shiny clear coat that reflects like paint. My last clear bra was 3M and I like this material better as far as looking like a paint finish.

http://www.clear-pro.com/

As far as lines go, the only lines to speak of are the small gaps around the outside of the stripes, where the clear bra goes over them and then back down onto the hood. I don't think you would notice it unless I pointed it out to you. If I had it to do over I would have skipped the hood stripes at the factory, installed the clear bra, then installed the stripes over the top of the clear bra. But I didn't want to hassle with removing them so I went over the top and I am happy with it. They offered to cut around the stripes if I wanted but I preferred this way as I don't have to worry about any wax buildup along the stripe edges. I don't think any dirt can get into the gap at the top because the clear bra is higher up than where the stripes start.

Weaf you asked about products and I have been using Sal Zaino's stuff for years to maintain my paint. I think you will have a hard time finding anyone who has tried it that doesn't swear by it. His site is http://www.zainostore.com/

I won't bore everyone with the product details but I have used most of them at one time or another and have never been disappointed. You can PM me if you need any info on that.
Hell yes!!! I'm in luck, they service Southern California. I am all over this!!! I'll use them and give your name as the referral----hopefully you can get a little something for it Thanks again for sharing!! You rock!!!

PS VERY JEALOUS YOU HAVE YOUR BABY!!! VERY, VERY JEALOUS!!!!

Old 02-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Kimpossible
2nd Gear
Blknblu & Weaf,

It looks great! I had wanted to get the clear bra on before my dealer installs the stripes, but the price he quoted was almost $1100, so I opted to hold off. $750 is much more reasonable. I think I'll be checking it out. I especially like that the stripes won't get wax build up if the bra covers them.
Thanks for the info!!

Old 02-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Kimpossible
2nd Gear
Interesting..

Well, I've been made an example...
I went on the configurator last night to build yet another coupe. I ended up building the same exact one as I'm currently jonesing for (which finishes production TODAY, btw! ). The only difference is that even though with the JCW exterior package you can select 'Silver Sport Stripes', they will not appear on your build.
This is all on the heels of issues with my initial order and MINI saying that they WILL NOT put silver stripes on a Reef Blue Coupe, even though I built it that way. Aparently since my MA was arguing with them on my behalf about the fact that it shouldn't allow customers to build what they won't deliver, they've changed the configurator to back it.
I'm happy that my dealer is installing the stripes to me at no extra charge.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Twstgrp
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ///Chris
Change the link to this: https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/

I find it breaks sometimes when you have text after the gstattweb.
OK GOT IT WORKING, my car is not yet listed, but schedule check shows the MANON arrives @ Southampton on the 11th Feb and departs also on the 11th, bound for Jersey City! Hope there's room for mine.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group